All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Dreams and their meanings...can anyone help me???
      #159348 - 03/10/05 03:48 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

i've been having this reaccuring dream...it's not the same everytime, but it has the same theme...but makes me feel diffent ways. they have been going on for a while, usually i have 1-2 a week, but sometimes it'll be a longer span. Last night i had a dream that i was moving into a new place (which is the same theme every dream) and when i was looking around, i noticed that the place was haunted (which is also the same theme....some place i'm living at is haunted) i never know the house, i've never been there before. last night i was scared of this ghost, who told me her name was jannie. she was EXTEMELY mischivious, she didn't cause harm onto people, but caused people to cause harm to themselves. at first she was really irritating me, but then i started to try to like her because she was living in my house too. she told me she's been with me where ever i have been for a really long time. she'd let me know she was in the room by causing a gust of wind. then she decided that she didn't want anyone else to hear her but me, so she would only speak to me, and i only heard her in my ear. then we started to cause mischif, when i looked outside i told her to lift up a family friend (who is really a big big lady) so she did, and we both laughed. she ended up being my super natural power, i would want something and she'd get it, if i wanted to fly she would lift me...etc. i've had dreams that i lived at john muir's house (which i've been to because one of his homes are near where i live) and that place too was haunted, but disneyland like...where people made things lighted to look scarier. there has been houses i've moved into where the ghosts are down right scary....and have been polterguist scary. anyone have any thoughts on what these may mean? i've looked online, i've tried to think how i felt when the dreams occured...it's mostly scary though.

its almost to the point where all i can think about is my dreams....and what the heck they are trying to tell me

someone help me!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dreams and their meanings...can anyone help me??? new
      #159741 - 03/11/05 06:12 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I have a dream book. Its called The Dream Bible.I sometimes have crazy, not to mention scary dreams myself.It does say that recurring dreams help make us aware of what hinders and motivates us.

You should try to keep a dream journal. Write as much down as you remember. This book is very interesting. I could not find anything on ghosts? There is a good bit on houses. What part of the house were you in? I would be more than happy to look something else up for ya. Keep me posted.

#159754 - 03/11/05 07:07 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

Be cautious about where you get info on dreams. The conscious/subconscious definitions are from a mere 200 year old science. Many pseudo-science books and sites out there.

I don't dream much now. I think it may be medications and having removed liquor and stress. However back some years ago I read a bookweb page by a psychologist, or psychiatrist can't recall, on lucid dreaming research he'd done. You may give it a go as he details how his Subjects could have lucid dreams at will. Also how he found to learn to have them. This may help you gain control of your dreams, therefore taking away any fear associated with it. I don't remember the power of reoccurring dreams on the ability to induce lucid dreaming but the book was very helpful in explaining sleep paralysis for me.

Some things off the top of my head.
1 keep a dream journal. He goes into detail as to help explaining such thing as noting signs that your dreaming i.e. impossible in the waking world.
2 Test your state of consciousness while awake. This is after he found out you can't read something twice in a dream. However your mind can play tricks on you, light in you watch goes out and what not. Important note here only words and numbers can't be read twice, not the arms of a clock, there lines not numbers.
How you do this is you look at your watch, if digital, read something, a note pad or business card or something, during the day at key times. Like whenever a door opens or every time you light up a cigarette. If you do this to the point of habit in the waking state then it becomes a habit in your dream state as well and then you'll know your dreaming.
Another thing is you usually don't question if your dreaming in the waking state.

Have to go offline for a while but wanted to post what i had

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

#177177 - 05/06/05 02:23 PM
Lyndsey

it's been a while for me to reply...,it's usually in the living room and bedroom. they stopped for a little bit, but now they are starting again. the last one i had wasn't as scary as most, but still weird. if you read this post again i'd apperciate more feedback

#177222 - 05/06/05 06:59 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

what has your research found out about dreams?
I'd hate to repeat what you already know.
It's hard to say what it could be without knowing a lot about you.
It's a lot to do with our motivations, fears, wishes, and frustrations. These are very broad turms. It's really just thoughts on life and everything, without the restants of reality, save those that allow thought of course.

I wish I knew more. but I don't have the mind which has good memory.
It depends on how disturbing these dreams are that will determine how much you learn on it.
Remember the scientific method to knowlage. Any one source doesn't sufice. Of course this all depends on your need.

I do plan to try and keep a dream journal myself when I get some garbage computers i've found runing a wordprosesser that allow highlighting. This is because i need privatcy to write one.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

#181689 - 05/27/05 04:45 PM
Lyndsey

well i haven't had many of the ghost dreams, it's moved to having to live with crocodiles that are like 10 times bigger than us....but they are all so vivid, and can bother me for days. i'll post more later, when i have more time about it though

Crocodiles new
      #181755 - 05/28/05 07:57 AM
MCV

Reged: 01/04/05
Loc: Manchester, NH

Quote:

well i haven't had many of the ghost dreams, it's moved to having to live with crocodiles that are like 10 times bigger than us....but they are all so vivid, and can bother me for days. i'll post more later, when i have more time about it though

I have a Dreamer's dictionary. I looked up crocodiles for you. Here is what it says: "The meaning here depends on the action. If you merely observed him, he's a warning against untrustworthy associates who are trying to influence you adversely. Stand firm. If he chased or threatened you, good luck is sure to follow, unless he caught or injured you, in which case you are in for a painful disappointment or business reverse; however, if you killed a crocodile or saw a dead one, you will have success beyond your wildest expectations."

Here's wishing you success and good luck!!

--------------------
>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<
Michelle
IBS-A, pain predominant

#181907 - 05/29/05 06:38 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hmm...this is fascinating. Jannie--the trickster. A playful spirit. Moving, the chariot, progress, control re: acquisitions. Reigns, getting a hold of your life. Manipulation. Pardon me, I'm brainstorming. Is there something you are trying to attract?
A goal or outcome that you are trying to influence? Is there something new in your life? "gust of wind" "flying" all elements of air, ether. I suppose a poltergeist could be involved or a very childish spirit. It sounds like you attracted an astral spirit. I don't sense that "Jannie" means harm, however that means squat. Flying and air/wind are associated with creativity and the astral. I think a spirit just flew in through the gap. There are so many layers to reality, dimensions. Honestly, I don't know what to say. I sense, though, that "Jannie" is a disembodied astral spirit. I send you protection. Just tell her to fly away home. Maybe that's "Jannie's" lesson. To be directed home, to be directed back. Just tell her to be gone.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 828

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review