Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Bowel spasming...any suggestions?
      #158829 - 03/09/05 02:12 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

I just went to the doctor because I've been having crippling cramps since my period finished a few days ago. I have endometriosis so my periods are always really bad, and this was my first one in almost 7 months and my body hasn't really liked it too much

Anyways, the doctor was palpitating my abdomen and said she could feel my bowels spasming, and that she assumes it's likely from the endo, that maybe it's wrapped around parts of the bowel or something (sounds like fun). Anyways, I'm not C or anything so I don't know what's going on, but do you guys have any suggestions to help the pain? I've been putting a heating pad on it and eating normally and haven't really tried anything else. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Bowel spasming...any suggestions? new
      #158840 - 03/09/05 02:27 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Did he give you any scripts for the anti-spasm meds like Bentyl or Levsin? They don't really help me a lot but they do seem to help others. I hope you feel better soon!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Thanks Michele new
      #158880 - 03/09/05 04:12 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Nope, the doc didn't give me scripts for anything. I think she assmues because it's likely related to the endometriosis they won't help? I don't know...she just said to come back in 48 hours is nothing was better

Re: Thanks Michele new
      #158929 - 03/09/05 07:06 PM
Luther Maze

Reged: 07/09/04
Loc: Tampa, Florida

Thought I'd mention I replied on this thread.

--------------------
Life is but a memory on the breath of a dying man.

Re: Bowel spasming...any suggestions? new
      #159743 - 03/11/05 06:18 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Sometimes you can't always use a heating pad..if ur not at home. I get horrible pains with my IBS. I use Playtex heat therapy pads. They last for like 12 hours. A little pricey. You get three for about $4 and some change. They do help me. Hope you feel better!

Peppermint? new
      #159746 - 03/11/05 06:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Kelly,
Have you ever tried using peppermint capsules to deal with the cramping? Or really strong peppermint tea? I find it helps with pain, and as long as you don't have problems with reflux the capsules might work really well for you.
Yoga can help manage pain as well.
Hope you find some relief soon!! I would ask your doctor about an anti-spasmodic again in case they would help you.. explain that lots of people with IBS are prescribed them, endo or not.
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1822 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 741

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review