All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Wish me luck! Ultrasound today!
      #155807 - 03/02/05 10:05 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Hey guys!!! How is everyone?!! I'm doing ok....well my bladder is VERY FULL!!! I'm going to my 19 wk ultrasound in 1 hr! I'm excited and hoping my baby is doing great. I get nervous about these kinds of things! I don't care if it's a boy or a girl....JUST healthy!!!! We're still saying were not going to find out the sex of the baby.....but we'll see. It may be just to exciting once we get there to not find out

I have had D this morning and I was so nervous that I wouldn't be able to hold my bladder. I took some immodium and it has helped.....but all this water is making my tummy hurt! 32oz is A LOT!!!!!

So wish me luck and my little baby!! Send healthy, strong baby vibes my way, OK!!!

HUGS to all!

I'll update later!!! OH MAN do I have to PEE!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wish me luck! Ultrasound today! new
      #155815 - 03/02/05 10:23 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Hey Steph!

That sounds so exciting! Good luck and I hope that everything turns out ok! Let us know if you find out the sex of the baby.

--------------------

#155819 - 03/02/05 10:27 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, good luck to all of you... let us know... how exciting!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Good luck, Steph! And give us an update---nt-- new
      #155832 - 03/02/05 11:02 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

#155837 - 03/02/05 11:07 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I hope all went well!! I'm anxiously awaiting the update!! I understand about having D and be worried about holding your bladder, very tricky! I had this same problem a couple of weeks ago with my last ultrasound. The RE called me yesterday and I have to repeat both the abdominal and transvaginal US's next week. Oh joy! All that water at once and having to HOLD it, gets my IBS upset also!

Hows your morning sickness by the way? I sure hope your feeling better!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#155838 - 03/02/05 11:08 AM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

How exciting! Just relax and enjoy seeing your little baby. I would get D every time I had one with Zoe. I had 5 of them and 2 of those 5 were to make sure I wasn't having a m/c so those were stressful. When I had my one at 20 weeks at the hospital they had me on an iv foe a couple hours and I hadn't used the bathroom and then they gave me 4 cups of water. I was in so much pain by the time they were done, the woman yelled at me. Well, what do you want me to do. I got back to my room and filled up those things that keep track of the amount of urine everytime you go. The nurse came in and couldn't believe they didn't let me go.

I don't know why the recommend that much. You really don't need that much. I always did less with the my older girls. I actually found out later that when they said I had placenta previa in the hospital that it was actually because my bladder was too full. I had an u/s two weeks before and my placenta was were it was suppose to be.

BTW, is it ok to take immodium when your pregnant or nursing? Now that Zoe is 4 months my IBS has returned and I was tempted to take some on Monday. I was just nervous. I took it before I found out I was pregnant with Meike and then after I had here my IBS started. I'm sure it was unrelated but it was always in the back of my mind.

#155910 - 03/02/05 01:23 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

HI guys! I'm back and all went well. Baby is doing great. Very cute too!!! We didn't find out!!!!! So it will be a nice surprise!!!

Everything looks good with baby. We could see all the fingers and toes, arms and legs and everything else. Baby was doing cute little things too. I'm so happy to know my baby is doing well.

I thought I was going to die with how full my bladder was. I was in so much pain. I couldn't walk up the stairs, we had to take the elevator. IT really HURT! The tech hurried and measuered the baby's head and then let me go potty. She said my bladder was WAY full. She let me go and then we continued with the ultrasound. So all in all it was wonderful. The "D" never did come back!!! So that wasn't a problem!!!

Heidi, I asked my doc about taking immodium and he said it's fine....but I don't know about taking it while nursing...call your pediatrition they will know!

Michele....good luck next week. Are you going to drink the full 32 oz??? I wouldn't!! I know you had troubles last time with it too. I was thinking about you today while I was in pain with this and knew you could understand my pain!!!

HUGS to all!!!

--------------------

#155942 - 03/02/05 02:12 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So glad to hear it went well!!! I'm so excited for you! And a bit envious as well! I can't wait until I can see my baby "alive and well" in my womb!

I did drink the requested amount last time and was ok until I got to go potty, I mean D! I was afraid I pee'd too much so drank more water and was just miserable! I'm not going to drink nearly so much next week! I don't even undersatnd why they want to repeat the abdominal one anyway?! Oh well, I'm just glad the Re is pro-active! Hopefully after another month of testing, I will be able to try again!

Did you get any pictures today? I'd love to see them if you did!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Steph new
      #155947 - 03/02/05 02:32 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm so glad everything went well, and the baby looked healthy. What an exciting time for you! And good for you for not finding out the baby's sex. It makes it so much more fun when you don't know ahead of time.

Aww hope everything went well!! Can't wait to hear! -nt- new
      #155949 - 03/02/05 02:36 PM

Unregistered

#155962 - 03/02/05 02:57 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I remember those ultrasounds. They were so much fun! I hope all is well and don't forget to give us a report when you get back.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Good luck Steph! new
      #155994 - 03/02/05 04:27 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Ultrasounds are the worst on the tummy. I get D for hours every time I have to have one and the pains get really bad. How exciting. Even though they flared up my IBS it was always wonderful seeing those tiny hands and faces on the screen. Looking forward to your update!

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 297 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2230

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review