All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
LOL JR! *DELETED* new
      #155422 - 03/01/05 01:45 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Post deleted by Nelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Jennifer Rose new
      #155423 - 03/01/05 01:46 PM
Nelly

5-0! 5-0! Everbody scatter!!!

~not nelly~

Re: Is Ambien addicting? new
      #155424 - 03/01/05 01:52 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I didn't mean to sound like I was correcting you or anything Nelly!! Just wanted to be sure people understand the differences of the drugs!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: Tina, you're such a sweetheart!! new
      #155425 - 03/01/05 01:54 PM
Nelly

Thanks so much, T. TMJ headaches are the WORST. I just wish they made one perfect pill that took away IBS-C *and* D, head pain, mouth pain, not to mention back, leg and stubbing your toe in the middle of the night pain!! And oh yes, made you sleep and wake up feeling perfectly genius and clear-headed!! We'd call it... Chocolate fudge ripple cake (after its preferred mouth delivery device)!!!

You're such a cool chick, and I'm glad to call you my friend! It's so great to have these boards to visit and talk to each other about the real things that are going on!!

~nelly~

Re: Is Ambien addicting? new
      #155428 - 03/01/05 01:55 PM
Nelly

Nope, no offense taken. You were 100% right to clarify my post!!

~nelly~

My experience with Klonopin new
      #155443 - 03/01/05 02:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Gosh, after reading these posts, I feel very fortunate that I had such a wonderful doctor about 5 years ago when I was going through the most difficult time in my life.

I could not sleep---didn't sleep a wink for weeks---and was going nuts! He put me on Klonopin temporarily after exhausting every effort to get me to sleep (I tried every "sleeping" pill, Benadryl, relaxation techniques, counseling, etc.) I was having horrible pain attacks and my brain would not allow me to sleep.

I took it temporarily and then when we both felt I didn't need it, he weaned me off of it---and I had no problem. If you are taking it on a regular basis, YOU CANNOT JUST QUIT taking Klonopin or Xanax (I took that for a short time too) without tapering off the dosage---unless you want to experience the effects many of you have mentioned. The way he explained it to me is if you are taking it on a regular basis and you stop it cold turkey, you will have what they call "rebound anxiety" which can be just as bad or worse than the anxiety you had to begin with.

I gradually reduced the dosage (cutting it back once a week) with no problem. It makes me furious to hear about all of these doctors who just prescribe this medicine (and Xanax) in large dosages without any explanation to the patient about how to discontinue its use, when needed. My doctor warned me of its addictive potential and monitored my use of it very closely.

It's funny but I still have a bottle of it in my medicine cabinet. I rarely ever take it----maybe 1/4 mg. several times a year. I laugh and tell my current doctor that it's my security blanket. Just knowing I have it and can take it if needed usually eases my anxiety.

I'm not in any way advocating someone take this drug because it can be dangerous, but if it is necessary (which in my case, it was a last resort), it can be useful----if you have a very GOOD doctor you can trust.

I'm still counting my blessings I had one of those great doctors! I'm proof you can get off it it safely.

Ooops new
      #155446 - 03/01/05 02:17 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Maybe I shouldn't have asked where you guys recommend getting pot from. Didn't realize Jennifer Rose was a Criminal Justice Major!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: LOL JR! new
      #155447 - 03/01/05 02:19 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Well, mostly this thread has helped me with quizing myself. Like "What class drug is valium? Side effects? Classification?" Stuff like that. The technical side of things.

I think I'm going to chose the Narcotics Annoynomous meeting to go to so it should be interesting! Never been to one and we're not allowed to take notes during it (privacy!) so will be challenging to remember everything for a paper.

Thanks for the offer, though!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thanks for all the input on Klonopin
      #155448 - 03/01/05 02:23 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I've been on it for over 2 years, at 2 mg a day, so I think I need to try and wean myself off of it slowly.

Thanks to all of you.

I don't know what I will replace it with for my anxiety and for sleeping as this doc is not going to be happy with me for stopping a drug he recommended and asking for a different one. "Doctor is always right" complex.

I know he will just assure me that it is the safest, mildest thing for me and that I am perfectly fine on it and not to listen to others experiences with it. No offense.
But I already know this will be his reaction. When I complained to him that it wasn't helping the anxiety is when he actually increased it from 1 mg a day to 2 mg a day.

How much did you guys take of this?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Jennifer Rose
      #155449 - 03/01/05 02:24 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

5-0! 5-0! Everbody scatter!!!

~not nelly~

LMAO - Have you ever seen the Boost Mobile commercials where they have the old people trying to act young? Those are my favorite commercials - especially the one where they're all at a street car side show when the cops show up and the 90 yr old asian guy starts yelling "5-0! 5-0!" as they're hobbling with their walkers to their rice rockets. LOL Ahh.. love that commercial.

And let me make it clear - it'll be Criminal DEFENSE! Most of my friends (my boys as I often call them) are redneck troublemakers so I often joke that they will all be out of jail, but I will have a yard full of trucks accepted as payment.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26625

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review