Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Leaving the kitten! new
      #155101 - 02/28/05 09:56 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Hahaha! Atleast I know I'm not alone...I was honestly late for work the first day because Carter "wouldn't let me leave" Yeah right, but i know what you mean. I took to leaving the radio on for him because I didn't want him to get lonely.

Now, he knows that I leave and hardly gets out of bed, but at the start it was so tough!!!

I can't imagine how hard it will be to leave my Ben Ben!!!

Hope you baby feels better soon!

LOL I left the TV on in my room for her! Even left it on the Animal Planet channel. My aunt's sister-in-law used to do that for her cats, but she'd leave it on whatever the kids were watching last.. always felt that was unfair for the cats since they might understand something that another cat says on there.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Update: Lacey's Vet Visit new
      #155109 - 02/28/05 10:14 PM
Jennifer Rose

So after much patience this morning, the shelter clinic finally opened at 10:30am. I called and the lady on the phone said I should definitely bring her in. Got her an appointment at 12:00pm, but we were late because she did not want to get into her cat carrier at all. I felt awful practically shoving her in there as nice as could be.

The vet was the same woman who had given her the antibiotic before and she said that Lacey had the early signs of an upper respiratory problem again. Either it was a different strand or a relapse of the same one. She got put on more antibiotics so hopefully that will help. The vet said it was good I brought her in so that we could get it early. Made me feel like a good cat mommy.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Leaving the kitten! new
      #155163 - 03/01/05 05:39 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

my kitten makes me late alllll the time. When she knows I am leaving (and trust me she knows) she will plop down in front of the door. No matter how hard I try she runs out the door as fast as she can, realizes she doesn't know where she is and lays down and waits for me to come pick her up ( i live in an apartment building). I have started gathering all my stuff for work, picking her up and holding her in my arms, opening the door, putting her down on the stand by the door and closing it quickly. I do get told off for this because i usually get a meow or two lol. We leave the TV on for her but everytime I get home from work, which is never the same time she is right at the door and races out in the hallway again. If anyone saw our daily routine I am sure they would be laughing. It is all worth it though and at least I know she misses me when I am gone !

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

When I bought my cat from a shelter new
      #155215 - 03/01/05 08:03 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

she also developed a "cold" right away. The animals catch things so easily in those shelters. You were a better mommy than I was. I waited too long and she really suffered. I ended up having to take her to an animal ER at 10:00 pm because the poor thing looked so sick.

She survived though. Glad your kitty is doing well Jen. Enjoy each other!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

LOL Beth! new
      #155269 - 03/01/05 09:34 AM
Jennifer Rose

I think I have the ultimate escape plan now. Safeway had some wet cat food on sale for 4 for $1 so I bought a bunch and haven't given her any until today.

Right before I left for work, I opened a can for her and put it on a plate.. and while she was busy gobbling it up, I made my escape!

When my BF checked on her yesterday after work, she was right by the door too. In fact, he said he hit her gently with the door because she was camped out on the inside doormat! I did the same thing when I got home 2 hours later.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Pictures of Lacey, my new cat! new
      #161738 - 03/18/05 01:58 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Jennifer,
Thanks for responding to my message. At present I am working and will retire next year in November. If I do not get a job, then I will get a Siamese cat to keep me company as I would not like to leave the kitten alone at home. I live alone in a society of Catholics only and since the last 3 years have been the president of our society. Rose is not part of my name. It is my second name. I got the name Rose from my father's mother and Antoinette from my mother's mother and Marcil from my aunt who was my godmother. Incidently I am from Karachi - Pakistan I am sure you have heard of it. We have a society here called PALS which takes care of animals which are picked up from the road unfortunately they are not functioning very well and not registered as an organization but since one of them is a friend of mine I keep her posted so she can get me one pure Siamese from a good family. Good luck to you dear. Jennifer

Re: Pictures of Lacey, my new cat! new
      #161742 - 03/18/05 02:58 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Jennifer Rose,
Looking at the pictures of your cats have made me very excited and am waiting for the day when I can get one of my own.
Have fun with them and kiss every one of them for me. Jennifer

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2998 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7614

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review