All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: Pictures of Lacey, my new cat! new
      #154814 - 02/27/05 07:49 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I agree with what Mags said about the cats licking...it's called the Dander, that's what everyone is allergic to. I found that out when I got Carter because I had to get some spray. I just bought it at a pet store and I sprayed it on a rag and rubbed it into his fur. Although it did work wonderfully I found it gave him dandruff and had to bath him in sunlight about once a week or so to get rid of it. But it truly did help.

Jen, Bentley loves Carter...sometimes if he is crying, it's the only thing that makes him stop "Ben, where's Carter" LOL

Carter isn't a very big fan of him, but he tolerates him pretty well. Let's him pull his tail and scream at him and then goes and lays on the bed away from us LOL

I will definitely post some new pics soon....I just got some film developed so I will be sure to post some pics ASAP.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#154828 - 02/28/05 01:50 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Jennifer Rose,
It seems we both have something in common. I too am Jennifer Rose and my surname is Pereira. I like the picture of your cat. Incidently I am crazy about cats and plan to get a Siamese one. We had one Siamese cat years ago and he was a darling. I hope you will respond to this.

Well, congratulations Jennifer! new
      #154910 - 02/28/05 08:18 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

How exciting!! I have a Calico too!!! Annabelle is a year and a half and I swear sometimes I see two little horns growing out of the top of her head... but as completely insane as she can be, she's also a very affectionate cat.

How is everything going with Lacey?? Is she pretty mellow? Has she adjusted enough to allow you to see her true colors?

I'm very excited for you Jennifer!!! I hope she's everything you've ever wanted in a kitty!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Thanks everyone for your replies! new
      #154914 - 02/28/05 08:26 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

This morning was SO hard leaving her to go to work! She is definitely a morning person (starting at 4am.. ick) and I feel so bad leaving her. Poor thing still has her upper respitory cold and I can't tell whether its getting worse or better. I'm going to call the shelter clinic (I get to contact them for the first 10 days) to see if she should go back on her medicine. Her breath has been a little wheezy since I got her, which is normal for a cat getting over a cold. But this morning she looked like she was going to cough up a hairball or something, and nothing came out. And she's a little lethargic in her meows. Her nose is running, but it's clear so that's a good sign.

She followed me all around my place while I was getting ready for work and just as I was about to leave, she planted herself in front of my frontdoor like she knew I was about to leave her! Definitely going to go check up on her during lunch and Mike is going to stop by after work to play with her all this week while I go to school. That way we can slowly get her used to a routine.

For all you moms out there, I can't even imagine how you leave your babies/children everyday to go to work! Mike was teasing me that I'm going to be one of those moms who cries more than their child.

On the cute side of things, Mike has started referring to the cat as "our cat", which is funny seeing how I paid the $145 for her and do the litterbox cleaning! LOL He says he has this plan to woo her to his side so they can plot against me.

Thanks to everyone for their replies! It's hard to believe that I finally have my cat, after asking for one for Christmas every year that I can remember.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#154916 - 02/28/05 08:27 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! Isn't it nice to fall asleep listening to the kitty purr!! I love waking up and finding my kitties curled up in bed with me!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#154925 - 02/28/05 08:43 AM
Jennifer Rose

Quote:

Hi Jennifer Rose,
It seems we both have something in common. I too am Jennifer Rose and my surname is Pereira. I like the picture of your cat. Incidently I am crazy about cats and plan to get a Siamese one. We had one Siamese cat years ago and he was a darling. I hope you will respond to this.

Hey Jennifer Rose

Is Rose your middle name or part of your first? It's a middle name for me because one of my grandmas is named Mary Rose and the other is named Rosemary.

Thanks for your response about my cat! When do you plan to get your cat? There was a very cute siamese cat at the shelter when I went.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Thanks everyone for your replies! new
      #154936 - 02/28/05 09:01 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

She sounds like she has the same symptoms Gracie had when I got her. I took her to the vet the day after I got her from the shelter, and the vet put her on a stronger antibiotic (the shelter had her on amoxillan). I would get her checked out, her symptoms sound exactly like crazy, including the coughing up a furball but not.

Hope she gets better soon!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Thanks Melissa! new
      #154939 - 02/28/05 09:11 AM
Jennifer Rose

That's exactly what I needed to hear. She's probably fine, but just needs help getting over her cold. I am going to call as soon as they open in 20 minutes.

--------------------
- Jennifer

#154972 - 02/28/05 10:59 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Jenn!!!! I'm so jealous! She's perfect!

Please give her a kiss for me....I tried having a cat of my own but I was allergic

Enjoy her. And I agree...she DOES look like a Lacey!

*hugs*

P.S. I love tht shade of green of you...it's gorgeous!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Leaving the kitten! new
      #155024 - 02/28/05 02:53 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

Hahaha! Atleast I know I'm not alone...I was honestly late for work the first day because Carter "wouldn't let me leave" Yeah right, but i know what you mean. I took to leaving the radio on for him because I didn't want him to get lonely.

Now, he knows that I leave and hardly gets out of bed, but at the start it was so tough!!!

I can't imagine how hard it will be to leave my Ben Ben!!!

Hope you baby feels better soon!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4191 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7616

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review