All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MIGRAINES every day the past week....
      #153987 - 02/25/05 07:54 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

anyone have any advice? I can't take meds cause they have side effects and no caffeine (the doc said it could give me rebound headaches).

Anyone know yoga poses for migraines...I'm taking feverfew for it and it helps some but not too much...

I know a lot of us get them so I'm wondering if anyone has some advice for me? They are getting worse every day

Thanks everyone *hugs* Have a happy Friday!

P.S. I'm also having very green mucous (sorry so gross!) What do you recommend for this? More vitmain C, echinacea/astagalus? anything? Thanks!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hope you feel better soon - nt new
      #153996 - 02/25/05 08:21 AM
CathUK

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: Cambridge, UK

Re: MIGRAINES every day the past week.... new
      #154005 - 02/25/05 08:35 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Oh, Ruchie, sweetie, not migraines TOO??!! That's really not fair. Okay, non-med suggestions:

-ICE PACK!! For me on the back of the neck works best.

-Lie down in a dark room. Do NOT try to go on about your day, it will make it WORSE.

-Can you take Aleve (Naproxen)? It really helps, especially if you take it the INSTANT you think you're getting a migraine. I take it with one Imodium tablet so it doesn't give me D.

-CoEnzyme Q10 is a natural supplement like feverfew that studies have shown to be VERY effective. It's a little more expensive but WORTH IT!!

-Also magnesium and one of the B vitamins (I can't remember which -- fibro fog!!)

Hope this helps, sweetie. Feel better soon. And remember, they go in cycles, so they get worse for a while and then get better for a while and no one knows why. So hang in there, this cycle will turn around eventually.

Oh, what about a trigger diary!! Have you started trying to figure out your triggers??

{{{{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#154017 - 02/25/05 08:49 AM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I was just going to post to see how you have been feeling...I can't believe you have been without sugar for 16 days already!!! WOW!!!

I would talk to a pharmacist about what they suggest about over the counter migraine relief...but also it could be the last effects of the sugar coming out of your system. Sometimes the withdrawl symptoms will return after a bit. Could it be that?

Take care hon!! You're doing great!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#154018 - 02/25/05 08:49 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ok, gonna make this quick then go lie down...

I know many of my triggers. I think I just learned tomatoes is one for me (my fav food!)

I will try to get Q10 and a B complex today.

I NEED t go about my day...Shabbos is coming and if I don't finish making our food we won't have any But I will go lie down for a while and go to the health food sote. Drinking lots of tea today! Relaxing and taking care....I'll write more soon *hugs* ThanksLS!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Ruchie- my new fave shabbat trick.. new
      #154023 - 02/25/05 08:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

USE CROCK POTS! I have 3 of them, but I can make things in them that we can eat all weekend with other cold or non heated foods and whatever is left at the end of shabbos can go in the fridge. I don't need to ever turn them off, just use them all on low... and if the food is completely consumed- pour water in the pot until shabbos is over! I am even using one to do dinner for tonight. I have 3 filled- one on, the others will get put on after work today.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#154048 - 02/25/05 09:39 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Ruchie,

I'm so sorry you're having these migraines. I can't imagine how that must be for you. I don't have any answers for you. I just wanted to tell you I'm thinking about you and I hope you get through this difficult period soon.

You are strong! You can do it!

Wondering... new
      #154069 - 02/25/05 10:16 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

... are you sure it's migraines this time or could it be a true sinus infection? With the green mucuous? Just wondering if you don't need antibiotic. I hate them too but sometimes necessary.

Feel better soon!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: LauraSue and Ruchie new
      #154116 - 02/25/05 11:04 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

It's B2, otherwise known as Riboflavin. They make these cool patches for your neck or forehead that I sometimes find helpful. Other than that just try to rest as much as you can when you have them.

Joy

--------------------
lovejoy_22

#154124 - 02/25/05 11:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I have nothing for you except a huge hug. I can only guess how painful and miserable they are. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks so much for supporting me on the fitness board. It means a lot to me.
HUGS!Alicia.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1537 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 937

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review