Tissy, how are you sleeping?
      #152764 - 02/22/05 08:53 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Is the valerian heling at all?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tissy, how are you sleeping? new
      #152777 - 02/22/05 09:05 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Sorry to hear that the vegenaise is to high in fat for you. Because it really tastes like mayo. I only use a little bit though b/c fats are one of my biggest triggers and so far so good no attack from it.

The valerian is helping and although I am not sleeping great I am sleeping better. I however over did myself on Saturday cleaning house b/c I felt a little better from getting some sleep. And then when I woke up Sunday I could barely move had a big fibro flare and was still recovering yesterday. But today knock on wood is okay just minimal soreness.

Thanks for asking, you are a sweetheart!

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Awe, your welcome and question on Fibro new
      #152802 - 02/22/05 09:36 AM
Augie

I feel just yucky when I can't sleep. I often wonder if I have fibro as I have many of the symptoms: lack of concentration, easy bruising, forgetting things (I burn things too because I forget I put something on the stove), hair loss, extreme fatigue, forget things right after being told something (at work this has become a problem), brain fog, trouble sleeping, feeling in a daze all day, extreme sensitivity to sound and light, backaches, unable to walk around a mall, edema(not sure if that's a symptom), and of course IBS...

I don't get the headaches and the achiness that much though. So maybe I'm just paranoid. If I read something with my symptoms, I think I have it.

Any opinions on this one?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Awe, your welcome and question on Fibro new
      #152822 - 02/22/05 10:05 AM
Tissy

Well from the list of symptoms you would sound like a textbook case but the overwhelming symptom would be tiredness (is that you?).

And I don't describe my fibro as really achiness as so much of a pulled muscle feeling and most times it migrates around my body. One day it may be my back, the next my neck, the next my knee, etc. But somedays after a really bad sleep I feel like I worked out the day before and I am sore all over . You know that feeling?? That is how I can best describe the "pain".

When Linz first suggested I get evaluated by my doc I was like I don't think I have it b/c I don't have extreme pain all over but rather a mild discomfort in spots and sometimes the all over soreness I just described. But I went to doc anyway and he tested my tenderpoints and when he pressed on them I just about jumped off the table it hurt so bad and he really didn't press hard.

So if I were you I would def. get checked by doc and in meantime go to fibrohugs.com and look at tenderpoints chart and test to see if you think you have them. Just lightly press on the spots shown if you have it you will know but get diagnosed. I looked at the chart and pressed on mine before I went to doc and I felt pain but nothing like when he did it b/c he is trained to hit those points. But it is worth it to get diagnosed and start a proper treatment plan.

I hope you don't have it. It is believed that 80-90% of fibro patients have IBS, but not all IBS patients have fibro. So hopefully you will be in the group that has IBS but not Fibro.

Good Luck,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Do you need a special doctor... new
      #152824 - 02/22/05 10:07 AM
Augie

to diagnose Fibro? Or can a GP do it?

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Do you need a special doctor... new
      #152883 - 02/22/05 11:50 AM
Tissy

My GP diagnosed me but I don't know if every GP is like him. He is a textbook of knowledge on Fibro. If you have a good GP then they should be able to diagnose you if not they can refer you to a rheumatologist.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Re: Do you need a special doctor... new
      #152898 - 02/22/05 12:27 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Hi, Beth and Christie!!

How are you both? Beth, I agree with Christie that your symptoms sound like they could be fibro. My GP diagnosed it for me and prescribed the right meds and handles all the follow-ups. He's really nice and really helpful. I feel MUCH better than when I first got sick. So I would second what Christie said about asking your doctor.

I also saw a rheumatologist but that was just for insurance purposes to confirm the diagnosis. He was a jerk! So if your GP is good you don't need a rheumatologist unless your GP wants to double check his/her diagnosis.

Good luck, sweetie.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Thanks to both of you new
      #153011 - 02/22/05 07:43 PM
Augie

I'm not sure what the treatment is for Fibro. I wish I had a GP already. I have so much I need to find out about. Serious symptoms that are not normal. Too much.

Don't know where I would even start!

--------------------
~ Beth

I don't have a GP new
      #153012 - 02/22/05 07:45 PM
Augie

Any advice on how to find a good one that knows about GI and Fibro?

--------------------
~ Beth

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1319 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 732

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review