All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
Amitryptaline new
      #151193 - 02/17/05 09:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

When I was on amitryptaline I had awful nightmeres, C, gained 20 pounds...(which I did NOT need), my breast size has increased, and so has my tush! I want off these meds! I'm on nortryptaline now as my neurologist said the side effects are not as bad as amitryptaline. It gave me hemms! And I'm not losing weight! Grrr!

Any suggestions anyone? Thanks so much for posting this Nelly!!!! I thought I was crazy

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Amitryptaline new
      #151196 - 02/17/05 09:04 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Okay, hadn't heard that hemms was a side effect! I've got an awful lot atm and it's peeing me off as I make sure to never strain. Grrr.

I had vivid dreams and talked in my sleep when I was first on Celexa, but that's gone now. Don't think I sleep deep enough any more! If this doesn't get better soon, I'll be begging my doc for Ambien...she's refused to give it to me so far.

LOL...Tissy you crack me up! new
      #151197 - 02/17/05 09:05 AM
Snow for Sarala

I DO have increased breast size from it...you can have it! I wouldn't mind it so much if the rest of me had stayed the same ....now none of clothes fit and I have too much weight for my tiny bod!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Amitryptaline new
      #151200 - 02/17/05 09:07 AM
Snow for Sarala

Get a new doc! What do you mean she's refused to give it you? The NERVE!!!!

Poor Linz...don't you go through enough? *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Sounds amazing... new
      #151202 - 02/17/05 09:09 AM
Snow for Sarala

Have you looked for one? They must be a bundle! Maybe there's one here...I'll have to look into it! Thanks Linz!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Melitami new
      #151203 - 02/17/05 09:10 AM
Snow for Sarala

My doc has me take it 2-3 hours before bed. Would that help you?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

New doc new
      #151204 - 02/17/05 09:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm going to see her on Monday with some names she can refer me to, then I might change. My GP before her was sooo incredibly useless and condescending that it was a nice change to have a friendly doc who knew what Fibro was! But she's a bit behind the times in her opinion of Fibro and is rather anti-medications. I'm taking way too much Co-codamol atm as it's the strongest OTC painkiller there is and my doc won't give me anything better.

Re: New doc new
      #151206 - 02/17/05 09:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

I'm with ya Linz! The rheumy that diagnosed me was usless other than the diagnosis. It's so disheartening! *sigh* I think we should be the docs! We def. seem to know more than they do...and we can DEF be there for our patients!

I hope you find a great doc...and soon! You deserve it! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Nelly new
      #151207 - 02/17/05 09:21 AM
Snow for Sarala

I would LOVE it if you would doyour own board! You would do such a fantastic job!

Btw, I've been meaning to tell you...you're ery funny! I was reading your post about the attack you've been having and I wrote this whole reply and it got deleted before I could send it--crazy computer! Anywa, you have such a great sense of humor and you're a fun loving gal who loves life! I admire that in you *hugs*

I hope your attack is over? Feel good...and thanks again for always making me smile!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Melitami new
      #151208 - 02/17/05 09:22 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I honestly don't know. I stopped trying to take any more meds or see any docs about a year ago, since I was having such nasty reactions. I originally took the amitriptyline in the morning, and it made me really dizzy and groggy and not able to function. Then the doc said take it at night before bed. Still did the same thing all day, so I gave up because I can't live like that as a student. I'm stable enough that I can make it to work and stay there most of the day, just may have to go to the bathroom a lot on certain days, but that's loads better than I was doing in Dec 2003 when I missed 3 weeks of work because I was in such horrible pain! So in my case at least, I'm through with doctors for the time being. I've gotten myself a lot better without meds than they were doing with their meds and their high IF diet recommendations.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3016 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 101544

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review