All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
Ruchie new
      #150812 - 02/16/05 12:29 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I just can't naviagte that site you think it would be made real easy since it is for Fibromites who get the fogs. Maybe I am in to much of a fog right now to try it just frustrated me so I gave up. It wouldn't let me in said someone else w/ email address already registered then said it would send me a forgotten password e-mail momentarily and that didn't happen and then i just tried to find support board w/o signing in and no luckso I gave up. To cranky to mess w/ it now I guess.

I was taking a multi-vitamin and calcium but when I got the dizzies awhile back I quit taking all meds b/c I felt they weren't helping and my stomache turned at the thought of swallowing the pills. I started back on my Nexium and Flexaril I should probably start back up on mult-vit but the rest of my meds I stopped I will do w/o. I hate putting to much chemical crap in your body it seems so unhealthy prescription or not. If I felt they helped I would but I don't feel they were helping. I have doc appt today at 4 pm so I will have to run soon, but I will ask him about supplements Thanks.

Hope that darn frog lets ya have some peace soon,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Let me check... n-t new
      #150824 - 02/16/05 12:47 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Effexor new
      #150838 - 02/16/05 01:40 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I just noticed on your post that you said your doc keeps increasing your Effexor dosage and saying it should eventually help you sleep. I thought I should tell you I had the opposite experience with Effexor, the more it was increased the greater problem I had sleeping. It is known to cause agitation and sleeplessness (not in everyone but in some people). I also have terrible nightmares and night sweats from it that interfere with sleep. What dose are you on? I made it up to 150mg and when it still wasn't helping I decided to try and get off it (that's been an ordeal ). I slept great when I was on Paxil though...go figure!

Tissy new
      #150843 - 02/16/05 01:44 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I'm with ya girl! The site is tough to navigate...esp. when you're in a fog *sigh*

You don't sound good You don't sound happy either. What can we do to cheer you up?

If I were you I would...get hubby to give me a massage, watch candles glow while listening to some soothing music, have hubby bring in take-out for the fam (join in if you can...if not at least you only have to make your meal), and have him take care of the kids. *hugs* Wish there was something I could do...I will pray for you for sure!

Let us know if there IS anything we can do...we care about you Christie ((((((((Christie))))))))

Love ya, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Effexor new
      #150945 - 02/16/05 05:17 PM
Tissy

I was up to 225mg and still no sleep and its weird you say it gave you nightmares b/c I started having nightmares too and night sweats. Weird huh? I don't feel any different on or off it though so thank goodness for that.

Thanks,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

Rant new
      #150958 - 02/16/05 05:48 PM
Tissy

Hey Ruchie,

I am just cranky b/c I am not getting enough sleep. I went to doc today and told him that I am not sleeping well and that I am groggy all day. His solution is to take me off the flexaril and try to exercise more and I'll sleep better. Okay so when I went to him for the first visit I wasn't on anything and I couldn't sleep w/o my mind racing so he put me on the Flexaril to help me sleep now I have trouble getting to sleep but once I am asleep I sleep good but can't get up in the a.m. So now he takes me back off Flexaril so now I will be back to the mind racing thing and really achey w/o good sleep. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

He said I could try valerian to help me sleep. Ever try it?? And then he told me to come back in 3 months b/c there is a sleeping pill that is coming out that is for long term use w/ no dependence issues. Oh great so no real sleep for 3 months!

Then I asked him about Vit C, etc. And he said that is really a placebo effect and he is okay w/ that if that is what I want to do. He said a healthy dose of Vit C, B12, etc. can't do me any harm. What??? Was that a yes or no?

Then I get a call from my mom who watches my kids while I am at work and my 7 year old is crying and her throat hurts. I had to run her to the docs at 6:30 pm and find out she has strep throat. OMG I want to run away. I love her more than anything but I don't want strep w/ Fibro. I know it will hurt magnified by ten, I normally have a little sore throat anyway w/ the fibro. But she is my baby and when she is sick she wants mommy and I want to make it all better for her so I will probably get strep.

Then I went to Giant to get her RX filled and they were to busy and not accepting anymore RX for the night. And the doc said she had to have first dose tonight so pain will stop. So then I go to Rite Aid and had to wait 45 minutes for RX to be ready and the whole time my poor baby is crying her throat hurts. I wanted to cry right in the middle of Rite Aid but I held it together. And hubby is at his annual fishing club meeting so I had to get the kids a bath and their stuff ready for school tomorrow and all I want to do is crawl in bed but I don't know why its not lke I'll sleep or anything.

So that felt good just to rant, bet you are sorry you asked what you could do to help, huh?

Christie

--------------------
Christie

HAS ANYONE TRIED VALERIAN FOR SLEEP? new
      #150973 - 02/16/05 06:34 PM
Tissy

If so any side effects? And any tips for a good nights sleep? Because if I don't get sleep, real sleep I am going to have a meltdown. It doesn't help that my period is still here after 5 days, it usually lasts 3. The hormones are raging!! AHHH, men have it so easy.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

I have, Tissy new
      #150976 - 02/16/05 06:45 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

No side effects, very safe when taken as directed.

Tina new
      #150981 - 02/16/05 07:00 PM
Tissy

Tina you are great! You can always be counted on to answer a post when it seems no one else is around. I was beginning to think I am the only one on the boards tonight.

Now if you could just tell me it works you will be my angel, b/c as we type I am downing a valerian and praying I sleep.

Thanks for being there,
Christie

--------------------
Christie

I take valerian every night
      #150990 - 02/16/05 07:37 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I take 2 extra strength every night an hour before I go to bed. They are safe and work well for me.

Like Tina said, no side effects and they are safe. A bonus, I often have seen this herb recommended for IBS as it is suppose to calm the gut! So there you go.

Highly recommend trying it. GL!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1345 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 100807

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review