All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
Tina new
      #151894 - 02/19/05 08:10 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

No, but it's not people with IBS developing Fibro...it's people with IBS being diagnosed with Fibro...which was there, even if not a problem, before the IBS.

With me, I've had Fibro symptoms on and off since my early teens if not before. However, it was only when I got IBS and it got bad that the Fibro kicked in properly. It's like a vicious cycle...you have Fibro (or at least the Fibro genetic make-up) and that means you're more likely to develop IBS and if you do it makes it more likely that the Fibro will become a problem. SOme people (my Mum for example) probably have Fibro, but because they never developed IBS, or had a car accident or whatever, the Fibro never gets so bad to become a real issue.

Plus, these days, it's quite easy to get an IBS diagnosis whereas a Fibro diagnosis is more complex.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

IBS & Fibro News new
      #151910 - 02/19/05 09:45 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I started work on my new site! I bought the domain a couple days ago and coincidently to Linz's post it's called IBSandFibro.com.

I'll be working over the next month to set up the forums and post my text, as well as set up a color scheme. Just wanted to let you guys know this was in the works!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 303 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 101246

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review