All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)
Can I just say yes to most of these? new
      #151579 - 02/18/05 09:11 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm too tired and achey to list them all! But I get dry eyes (from meds) and a runny nose!

I think I have pretty much all the Fibro symptoms at some point.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG!! new
      #151580 - 02/18/05 09:17 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Nelly I can't wait to meet you in person. I swear you are just like me! I never wanted to participate in gym class b/c it made extremely exhausted and light headed like I was going to fall out and then I hurt afterwards. My family, especially my mom, always told me I was lazy and a hypocondirac. And my mom still does she says it is all in my head!!

Quote:

I had space heaters in my office too and people would come in and tell me it was like a sauna in there, and I was just getting comfortable!

Oh I just about cried at that one! I used to share an office w/ 2 other girls at my old job and I would run the space heater with my sweater or jacket on and sweat them outta the office. I however was perfectly comfy, except my feet could never seem to get warm.

And I to have doen my share of box checking and yet no doc ever addressed the issues that I had checked so i figured all this time if they didn't say anything then all those symptoms were okay to have and nothing serious was wrong with me.

We are definitely not crazy!! We are just Fibromites.

Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: ME TO!!!!! new
      #151581 - 02/18/05 09:19 AM
Tissy

Oh girl you definitel sound like me right before I got diagnosed. I really think you should talk to your doc.

I hope I am wrong, but it seems like you may have to join the club.

Christie

--------------------
Christie

I do to Ruchie... new
      #151584 - 02/18/05 09:21 AM
Tissy

when I am at my desk and trying to stay awake I munch on stuff. Very bad habit I know!!!

Christie

--------------------
Christie

OK Ladies new
      #151585 - 02/18/05 09:23 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I am going to call the doc mon monday and try to get in thrusday or friday! I am tired of being tired! I was thinking my Ad might be causing this but Rich remined me that I was like this before ssooooo I am going to get it checked out!!! Can I just DANG IT!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

I burn stuff new
      #151588 - 02/18/05 09:27 AM
Tissy

constantly. It is a running joke at my house that I can't cook something in the oven and something on the stovetop at the same time. B/C the thing in the oven will inevitably burn b/c I forget I put in there while tending to what is on the stovetop until I smell it burning. And then I am usually like "What's that burning smell?" and hubby will start laughing and say "dinner". Maybe this is why I like stuff burnt b/c I have eaten so many burnt dinners??

Christie

--------------------
Christie

Good luck Heather! new
      #151604 - 02/18/05 10:05 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

At least if you do get diagnosed, you'll have somewhere to work from! There is a wide range of stuff available to help sleep (especially if your doc will prescribe it )...Jen started doing LOADS better after she got AMbien...so there is hope!

Re: My symptoms-- new
      #151605 - 02/18/05 10:07 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Hey Chrissy,

Just wanted to jump in here, and one thing that I've found that's helped me with mouth sores (I used to get them all the time) was I got a toothpaste that didn't have SLS (a detergent) in it. Unfortunately the only toothpaste I've foudn without SLS in it was Burt's Bees natural toothpaste. It doesn't have flouride in it, but I think as long as you don't drink exclusively bottled water you're fine. The taste takes getting used to, as does not having the toothpaste foam in your mouth, but I haven't had a single mouth sore since, and that was three months ago! I found it at Whole Foods, but other places that carry Burt's Bees stuff may have it. Here's the link to the toothpaste: Lavender Mint flavor and Cinna Mint flavor

I don't know if it'll help you as well, but it may be worth a shot.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Thanks, I'll look for it. -nt- new
      #151611 - 02/18/05 10:12 AM
Tissy

--------------------
Christie

Toothpaste for mouth sores! new
      #151755 - 02/18/05 02:45 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I use biotene! Ever heard of it? I buy it at the pharmacy/drug store! My dentist recommended it.

Melissa...I'm glad the Burt's toothpaste helps your mouth sores! Maybe I'll try it when I run out of the other stuff...just for a change (or maybe I'll stick with what works...we'll see!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 101232

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review