All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Me too! new
      #150790 - 02/16/05 11:31 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

genetics.. we both have screwed up genes.. and genetic issues.. I am a carrier for crohns, and some other stuff and DH has genetic rickets.. and their call is that we have a 25% chance of my carrying a child to term and only a 10% chance fo that child being fully healthy.. given those odds.. I gave up in a heartbeat.. but both of my miscarriages (with Bill, I had a third prior to that) were later then yours and the fetus had obvious deformities

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: wow- I got a wonderful verbal gift last night.. new
      #150909 - 02/16/05 04:25 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

That is wonderful. Wow. You guys are so giving. I hope it all goes well for you and your dream house pops up soon (and of course that your current one sells). Keep us updated. I look forward to hearing about it.

--------------------
Amy

I too have adopted....isn't it wonderful? ~nt~ new
      #150919 - 02/16/05 04:36 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

--------------------
"puffy"

Great news Amie! All the best!! -nt- new
      #150951 - 02/16/05 05:33 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Michele... new
      #151056 - 02/17/05 06:01 AM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

You may want to take a peek at local adoption agencies in your area. They will give you all of the particulars. There are many different programs out there and you will find the one that fits you the best.

I would recommend doing your homework now...we chose to adopt after 5 years of not being able to get/stay pregnant. By the time that I had given up becoming pregnant, doing the adoption agency search was a little depressing...it would have been nice to have the general info prior to our starting. However, I have two pre-teens that I wouldn't trade for the world. I could not have made a child more suited for me than my daughter (talk about a mini-me!) and my son is a blessing as well.

God has blessed me with precious children and I know that He will do the same for you...one way or another!

--------------------
"puffy"

Happy- new
      #151076 - 02/17/05 06:43 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

part of why she's asking me is we live about 30 miles or so apart... but your right and I am focused on organizations out of Ann Arbor, and she may want something closer to home... also I am avoiding all religious organizations except stars of david and not looking at infant adoptions at all...

good resource sites out there:

mare.org (MI adoption resource)
adoptuskids.org
adoptex.org
adopting.com

among others.. there are more then I can list.. and talking to other adoptive parents. I just emailed a friend who is an adoptive parent in town about contacts locally for myself to get back involved in that community.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 5215 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4026

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review