All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
So how did you Valentine show their love today?
      #149892 - 02/14/05 11:01 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was completely surprised!!! My hubby and I have been married 6 years and together 10 years and he has never been real good at Valentine's Day or Birthdays. He usually gets me a card and a Dreamsicle (liitle figurines) that I collected when we first started dating and I was eighteen. But I stopped collecting them shortly there after but he didn't seem to notice. So now I have a whole case full of them from all the special occasions over the years. It never failed I always knew what I would get. But I know it is hard for most men to pick stuff out for their women, so I thought well its the thought that counts.

But this year he must have actually listened to me at some point in time and realized I don't want another Dreamsicle. I got delivered to my office a stuffed animal, a box of chocolates, and flowers with a really sweet card. I almost cried. LOL! I called and told him Thank you and he said "I did good didn't I? I know I don't usually do that well at gifts but I'm gonna start trying." Well he made my day!

I got him a really sappy card about how much I love him. (which will probably make him blush.) And I got him a gift certificate to Bass Pro Shop (which will make him smile ear to ear) he is an avid fisherman and that place is like Toys R' Us to him.

Hope everyone else is having a Happy Valentine's Day,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great post Tissy! new
      #149899 - 02/14/05 11:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

3 years ago today hubby propsed to me. And this morning when I finally woke up after he'd left for work I found a letter form him. It said the sweetest things about how he loves our life together and he wouldn't want to go through the good OR the bad times with anyone else! Can you believe it? I used to think he would leave me with my past and illnesses...but he wouldn't change it for the world. I'm walking on air!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: NOTHING AT ALL. new
      #149901 - 02/14/05 11:35 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

My husband did NOTHING. I made him pie and everything. I was hoping on Saturday he'd maybe get a small bunch of flowers or something because he works today and doesn't get home till late. Instead, he played computer the ENTIRE WEEKEND leaving me to look after the kids - AGAIN. I don't really mind getting nothing - but a small gesture of SOMETHING would have been nice. Even watching the kids for an hour so I could go shopping or have a nap or a bath or something!!!!
Happy Vsucky day to me. Sorry, I've never done really well with this hoiday even though I'm married. I don't want to spoil anyone's day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Bill asked if I realized it was valentines day as he was new
      #149907 - 02/14/05 11:53 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

trying hard to be a doting DH.. he'd been sick and I'd done what I could to make it easier on him and now I've got this plaguey flu garbage... caught it from him, but until he got called to a client site he worked from hoem all day and treated me wonderfully.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

we exchanged cards... new
      #149918 - 02/14/05 12:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..this morning and are going to the cinema in a few mins. I have been spoiled enough with romantic gestures this year so absolved P of any need to bring me out to dinner etc.
And we are still so loved up what with the engagement etc that every day is a special one at the moment...all together now..awwwwwwwwwwwww!

--------------------
S.

Re: I got flowers new
      #149926 - 02/14/05 12:23 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

delivered to my office!! A very pretty wild flower mix!! I like lots of colors and mixes, I'm not really a dozen red roses kinda girl! Its funny, because its after 3pm here and I was getting a little sad. Will was busy, as always, when I left this morning and he didn't say anything about valentines day. I called him right after my dr's appt to tell them the dr found a small cycst but it was probably nothing to worry about and we was really too busy to even pay attention to me so I let him go. He already had plans to go out and play guitar tonight so I knew he wouldn't be home when I got home from work. So, the flowers delivered were a nice suprise!! I called and thanked him and he apologized for being so busy lately and said he knew I had a hard time last Friday and that the dr's appt's I'm having to go to are no fun and he just wanted me to know that he did love me!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: =) new
      #149929 - 02/14/05 12:28 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

My husband got me a dozen roses, a new outfit and some cozy new pajamas! He knows how much I love pajamas and these ones are great! Hes very good at stuff like Valentines day - he never lets me down!

Re: Honsolo new
      #149935 - 02/14/05 12:33 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I'm so sorry!! Your hubby should be taken out back and flogged!!! Well, I say pooey on him and go buy YOURSELF something nice!! Call a babysitter for a few hours and go get a pedicure or something! Give him the bill and tell him "thanks for the v-day present!"

I'm wishing you a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! I tried sending you a hallmark e-card for valentines day but the hallmark site is "expirencing technical difficulties!" Lots of love and many, big hugs!!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Nada so far! new
      #149937 - 02/14/05 12:37 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

But I usually don't celebrate V-Day until tomorrow. I did however sneak into my BF's work early today (luckily I'm an old employee so my former co-workers have no problem letting me in!) and left a picture of us on our Christmas dinner, a card, a $20 Starbucks gift certificate, M&Ms, a cute tiny porcupine, and some kinky homemade coupons. I'd do it tomorrow when I celebrate V-Day, but I have class in the morning so it was today or never.

Unfortunately I have school at night all this week and his sister is having her second baby this weekend so he's gotta watch his nephew. He was going to sneak into my apartment and leave flowers, but I told him not to because of my hormones recently. Spent all day yesterday crying and know I would cry because he couldn't be there because of our schedules. Oh well - I made him promise on the 26th that he'd take me to dinner and we'd pick out my cat together from the shelter.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: So how did you Valentine show their love today? new
      #149938 - 02/14/05 12:40 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

My hubby is out of town. He asked my son to go to the florist and order a beautiful bouquet of flowers which my son gave me this afternoon. My 15yo daugher purchased a Valentine Gram at school and it was delivered to my office (I work at the school). There was a beautiful rose and some candy with a sweet note thanking me for being a great Mom. It was very sweet. DH called me to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day. When the phone rang I felt like a teenager running to the phone. Love is great, even after 22 years.

--------------------
Janey

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 571 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10533

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review