All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
So how did you Valentine show their love today?
      #149892 - 02/14/05 11:01 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

I was completely surprised!!! My hubby and I have been married 6 years and together 10 years and he has never been real good at Valentine's Day or Birthdays. He usually gets me a card and a Dreamsicle (liitle figurines) that I collected when we first started dating and I was eighteen. But I stopped collecting them shortly there after but he didn't seem to notice. So now I have a whole case full of them from all the special occasions over the years. It never failed I always knew what I would get. But I know it is hard for most men to pick stuff out for their women, so I thought well its the thought that counts.

But this year he must have actually listened to me at some point in time and realized I don't want another Dreamsicle. I got delivered to my office a stuffed animal, a box of chocolates, and flowers with a really sweet card. I almost cried. LOL! I called and told him Thank you and he said "I did good didn't I? I know I don't usually do that well at gifts but I'm gonna start trying." Well he made my day!

I got him a really sappy card about how much I love him. (which will probably make him blush.) And I got him a gift certificate to Bass Pro Shop (which will make him smile ear to ear) he is an avid fisherman and that place is like Toys R' Us to him.

Hope everyone else is having a Happy Valentine's Day,
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Great post Tissy! new
      #149899 - 02/14/05 11:25 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

3 years ago today hubby propsed to me. And this morning when I finally woke up after he'd left for work I found a letter form him. It said the sweetest things about how he loves our life together and he wouldn't want to go through the good OR the bad times with anyone else! Can you believe it? I used to think he would leave me with my past and illnesses...but he wouldn't change it for the world. I'm walking on air!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: NOTHING AT ALL. new
      #149901 - 02/14/05 11:35 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

My husband did NOTHING. I made him pie and everything. I was hoping on Saturday he'd maybe get a small bunch of flowers or something because he works today and doesn't get home till late. Instead, he played computer the ENTIRE WEEKEND leaving me to look after the kids - AGAIN. I don't really mind getting nothing - but a small gesture of SOMETHING would have been nice. Even watching the kids for an hour so I could go shopping or have a nap or a bath or something!!!!
Happy Vsucky day to me. Sorry, I've never done really well with this hoiday even though I'm married. I don't want to spoil anyone's day.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Bill asked if I realized it was valentines day as he was new
      #149907 - 02/14/05 11:53 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

trying hard to be a doting DH.. he'd been sick and I'd done what I could to make it easier on him and now I've got this plaguey flu garbage... caught it from him, but until he got called to a client site he worked from hoem all day and treated me wonderfully.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

we exchanged cards... new
      #149918 - 02/14/05 12:11 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..this morning and are going to the cinema in a few mins. I have been spoiled enough with romantic gestures this year so absolved P of any need to bring me out to dinner etc.
And we are still so loved up what with the engagement etc that every day is a special one at the moment...all together now..awwwwwwwwwwwww!

--------------------
S.

Re: I got flowers new
      #149926 - 02/14/05 12:23 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

delivered to my office!! A very pretty wild flower mix!! I like lots of colors and mixes, I'm not really a dozen red roses kinda girl! Its funny, because its after 3pm here and I was getting a little sad. Will was busy, as always, when I left this morning and he didn't say anything about valentines day. I called him right after my dr's appt to tell them the dr found a small cycst but it was probably nothing to worry about and we was really too busy to even pay attention to me so I let him go. He already had plans to go out and play guitar tonight so I knew he wouldn't be home when I got home from work. So, the flowers delivered were a nice suprise!! I called and thanked him and he apologized for being so busy lately and said he knew I had a hard time last Friday and that the dr's appt's I'm having to go to are no fun and he just wanted me to know that he did love me!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: =) new
      #149929 - 02/14/05 12:28 PM
abby82

Reged: 03/08/04
Loc: Nevada

My husband got me a dozen roses, a new outfit and some cozy new pajamas! He knows how much I love pajamas and these ones are great! Hes very good at stuff like Valentines day - he never lets me down!

Re: Honsolo new
      #149935 - 02/14/05 12:33 PM
michele

I'm so sorry!! Your hubby should be taken out back and flogged!!! Well, I say pooey on him and go buy YOURSELF something nice!! Call a babysitter for a few hours and go get a pedicure or something! Give him the bill and tell him "thanks for the v-day present!"

I'm wishing you a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!! I tried sending you a hallmark e-card for valentines day but the hallmark site is "expirencing technical difficulties!" Lots of love and many, big hugs!!!

--------------------

Nada so far! new
      #149937 - 02/14/05 12:37 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

But I usually don't celebrate V-Day until tomorrow. I did however sneak into my BF's work early today (luckily I'm an old employee so my former co-workers have no problem letting me in!) and left a picture of us on our Christmas dinner, a card, a $20 Starbucks gift certificate, M&Ms, a cute tiny porcupine, and some kinky homemade coupons. I'd do it tomorrow when I celebrate V-Day, but I have class in the morning so it was today or never.

Unfortunately I have school at night all this week and his sister is having her second baby this weekend so he's gotta watch his nephew. He was going to sneak into my apartment and leave flowers, but I told him not to because of my hormones recently. Spent all day yesterday crying and know I would cry because he couldn't be there because of our schedules. Oh well - I made him promise on the 26th that he'd take me to dinner and we'd pick out my cat together from the shelter.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: So how did you Valentine show their love today? new
      #149938 - 02/14/05 12:40 PM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

My hubby is out of town. He asked my son to go to the florist and order a beautiful bouquet of flowers which my son gave me this afternoon. My 15yo daugher purchased a Valentine Gram at school and it was delivered to my office (I work at the school). There was a beautiful rose and some candy with a sweet note thanking me for being a great Mom. It was very sweet. DH called me to wish me a Happy Valentine's Day. When the phone rang I felt like a teenager running to the phone. Love is great, even after 22 years.

--------------------
Janey

We don't do much re: gifts but this story is original....I think new
      #149941 - 02/14/05 12:51 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I asked my hubby of nineteen years if he was going to take me to lunch for Valentines Day (we prefer lunch, it's less crowded and the kids are in school so we don't ever worry about a sitter). He replied..."Oh I stopped a guy Thursday night, he is a restaurant manager (hubby is in the Highway Patrol) and he told me to bring you in for lunch on Monday...on him."

My initial thought was that it was not very romantic but I love the memory of this year. There are lots of people who are going to drop a bunch of money and not have as much fun as we did at lunch.

--------------------
"puffy"

Zip new
      #149966 - 02/14/05 01:34 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

I have talked to him twice today and he didn't even say Happy V DAY!! Oh well!! Been married ten years so I don't what I expected! He sucks at this stuff! Every once in awhile he will pull something off realy sweet, but normaly he forgets.

We will see if comes from work with anything.HEY A girl can hope!!! LOL

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Zip new
      #149969 - 02/14/05 01:37 PM
michele

Well, I think Rich better bring you home a suprise if he knows whats good for him!! MEN!

Happy V-day from me!! Lots of love and hugs!

--------------------

AWWEEE new
      #149972 - 02/14/05 01:42 PM
heather7476

I am glad you got Flowers!!!! I know you love them!!! Now what the heck happened at your doc app today??

--------------------
Heather7476

#149975 - 02/14/05 01:44 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

My Valentine's day has been great despite having a wee bit of a cold. All I am going to say it was a great day!!

--------------------

roses ... new
      #149979 - 02/14/05 01:51 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Silly bf sent me flowers, even though I told him not to. He split the cost of my personal trainer with me, which was supposed to be my gift, so I would have been happy with an ecard or something. The flowers are so pretty though. I did just get flowers from him about a week and a half ago because I was really stressed with school, so he's just a silly boy. I guess he has to make up for living 3,000 miles away though, so I should just shut up and be happy! I think vday is kind of silly and I feel bad for the way guys are pressured to spend a bundle, but oh well!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Re: Dr appt new
      #149987 - 02/14/05 02:07 PM
michele

Well, you know they make you drink like 2 gallons of water before doing an abdominal ultrasound, right. Ok, so I drink like a fish this morning and about 10 minutes before I have to leave, uh o, I have to go poo!! I mean I have to go poo, REALLY, REALLY bad!! Have you ever tried to go number 2 without going number 1?? Impossible!!!

So, I HAD to go potty before I left for the appt. I tried to pee as little as possible but than I got worried I peed too much so I drank a bunch more water! I felt dizzy by the time I got there and I felt like puking! ICK!!

The tech does the regular ultrasound and lets me go potty, thankfully! I get back into the room, undress and she does the transvaginal ultrasound (the one where the use that lovely dildo-cam! ) She was having kinda a hard time because she said my bowels were full! I told her I didn't know how they could be full because I just emptied them in the potty! After much looking around, she said everything looked fine except that I did have a small cyst of some kind on my left ovary. She said not to worry about it for now. I bet its the egg follicle but she thought it was too early. My miscarriage started 5 weeks and 2 days ago, the D&C was 2 days after that. My period this month was odd. I had TERRIBLE cramps but never really bleed. I spotted just the tiniest bit last Sunday, nothing really more until last Tuesday. If you use last Sunday as cycle Day 1, than I'd be at CD 9 right now and I've always though I ovulated very early in my cycle. I'm not sure how long after the follicle (or cyst) appears that it actually releases the egg. So, I'm not really sure but the tech didn't seem too worried about it, so I guess I'm not either! Cysts are very common and I doubt it has anything to do with my problems!

I will be seeing the dr next Wednesday when they do the sonohystiogram so I'll ask her about it then! The tech wouldn't tell me anything about the results of the blood tests I had last week, so I have to wait on that also!

--------------------

#149991 - 02/14/05 02:16 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh, that's so sweet!!! GOOD FOR YOU!

AWWW that is so sweet!! -nt- new
      #149992 - 02/14/05 02:17 PM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

#149994 - 02/14/05 02:17 PM
Sara-Sage

I'm glad it was Tommy.

Get well soon too.

Re: Zip new
      #149995 - 02/14/05 02:18 PM
Sara-Sage

Oh no, Heather.

Re: we exchanged cards... new
      #149996 - 02/14/05 02:19 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes, after that trip a card or some flowers wouldn't seem as significant.

Ruchie! new
      #149997 - 02/14/05 02:21 PM
Sara-Sage

See? He loves you to death! I knew it!

#149999 - 02/14/05 02:23 PM
Sara-Sage

Flowers and dinner.

Edited by Sara-Sage (02/14/05 04:21 PM)

Tina! new
      #150017 - 02/14/05 02:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

You know what? He does!

Thanks for always believing in me...you rock!

P.S. Do you know how AWESOME YOU ARE?!?!?! You ROCK tina! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Michele - I'm eating humble pie.... new
      #150019 - 02/14/05 02:53 PM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

THanks. I'm eating humble pie. He came home from work early, with a dozen red roses for me and a dozen pink carnations for our 18 month old daughter.
Thanks for the kind reply and I hope you and your hubby have a great V day!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Aww so cute, Alicia! -nt- new
      #150034 - 02/14/05 03:07 PM
Jennifer Rose

--------------------
- Jennifer

#150045 - 02/14/05 03:29 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Hubby and I exchanged cards this morning, but that's about it. Unfortunately he's come down with a terrible cold, and each day keeps getting worse. He left for work this morning with a fever. I think this evening will probably be spent in front of the tv cuddling on the couch... Well, he'll at least be on the couch. He may end up sleeping most of the night, depending on how he's feeling. Poor guy.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Hans! new
      #150058 - 02/14/05 03:54 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I was thinking "Hmmm, that poor girl. Doesn't she realize that Valentine's Day isn't over until Walmart or Flower Shops close their doors for the night" LOL

Glad to hear you got sumtin!

DH was super sweet and bought me some purple daisy's and a card from him and a card from Ben....both of which made me cry! I don't know what the heck, but I think I grew a heart since I had this baby LOL

I got him a cup with Chocolates and card from me and one from Ben. I also got Ben a card and a teddy bear carousel from his daddy and me!

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

Re: Tina, you are doing what?? new
      #150063 - 02/14/05 04:05 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Are you breaking up with your boyfriend? Why? Have I been not paying attention to the boards enough? What's the scoop?

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re:Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate new
      #150069 - 02/14/05 04:14 PM
LittleLisa

Let's see...I gave him his card this morning that I've had for a week or so and he got mine at lunch (typical), I'm surprised there were any left!

Then I ran out at lunch and got my Valentine's(my hubby and my boys) a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.

Before dinner he surprised me with a local great candy store (Josh Early's)candy. Dark chocolate covered pretzels, dark chocolate non parrels, butter creams and dark chocolate mints. See girls, I'm lucky, chocolate doesn't bother my IBS. Thank God cause I'd just die without it!

Then the best present of all is that we are going to dinner on Friday with another couple to a really, really ritzy place (which I'll hate since they only have like a 6 things on the menu)but that's ok cause the kids are spending the night at my mom and dads Wooooooooohoooooo!!!!

Bad news though which I won't tell him yet, but I'm sure I'm gonna get my period.Shhhhhhhhhh oh well, no kids for the night wooooooooooohooooooooo!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#150075 - 02/14/05 04:24 PM
Sara-Sage

Yep, not yet but it's a long time coming, I'm afraid.

It's time. I originally posted about it probably 4-6 months ago and nothing has changed. We're just not right for each other.

It's very complicated but I had a very long talk with a very good friend as she pointed out some things that I had been denying and avoiding. Apparently, all out friends think we're bad for each other. More importantly, they think he's bad for me.

I was right! new
      #150078 - 02/14/05 04:38 PM
heather7476

Nada zip zero zilch! He even stoped at CVS to get me smokes and didn't pick me up anything! Happy V DAY!!! It is just another day Rght??!!! BLAAAA

--------------------
Heather7476

Edited by heather7476 (02/14/05 04:40 PM)

My Valentine's Day.. and a little joke.. new
      #150080 - 02/14/05 04:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Before I post my Valentine's Day, I wanted to share a funny story. My friend, who is single and really bitter, got a card for Valentine's Day that said: "Don't let the VD get you down" - now I thought that was funny, but she did not.

Okay, so my Valentine's Day started out kinda bad 'cause a while ago Adrian kept saying he'd made plans for us and I was all excited. Then yesterday, my mom invited us out for dinner and I was like, "It's Valentine's Day" and then Adrian says, "Well, I didn't make any plans or anything"!!!! And then my mom gives me this smug look that made me want to scream.
So we go downstairs and I am all kinda sad that there were no plans and that I'd be spending V. Day with my parents! Then he says he hasn't even gotten me anything and just figured he'd do it 'later' so I had a little cry, and then felt all guilty and he got _really_ upset - it was AWFUL!!

Then today I got up early and made him an English fried breakfast and he told me I wasn't allowed downstairs (where we live). So when I was upstairs making him breakfast, some roses got delivered to me! Then when I went downstairs to take him breakfast, he had decorated our basement in red balloons and streamers and stuff!! It was SO CUTE!
I got him a Bonzai tree 'cause he really likes them and had to leave one behind in England.
My presents were pretty silly: a little frame with pictures of me and him in it (but the frame was broken 'cause he dropped it - ooops!) and he got me an exercise video! How very odd! But it's the thought that counts, right?! Then we watched a movie on the couch (our new couch!) and had a nap together and cuddled and stuff - it was great. Then tonight we'll go out with my parents, and then he let me rent a sappy romantic movie (The Notebook) for later - yay!
My Valentine's Day was rescued and it was so awesome!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Stephie new
      #150081 - 02/14/05 04:53 PM
LittleLisa

OMG too funny. My 6 year old is running around tonight saying happy VD day everyone! He has no clue. My hubby and I are crackin up

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#150083 - 02/14/05 05:09 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

He took me out to an Italian place in the Italian Market here in Philly (so really traditional Italian) that was yummy, and he got me monkey earrings! It's kinda an inside joke, because he's obsessed with monkeys, so anytime anything about monkeys comes up I think of him anyway! I gave him a little heart token that says massage on it, like a love coupon thing and I wrote all a bunch of things I love about him.

Happy Valentine's everyone! Glad to hear most people's guys were good, Heather, smack yours for me!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#150085 - 02/14/05 05:17 PM
LittleLisa

Oh that's kinda a shame that it's not working out! How long have you been with him? Yes, it's better though if you are not happy and you know this now. Better end it then ignore it and end up married and then decide you want out. That wouldn't be good. YOu are doing the right thing as hard as it might be for you to do.

Single life here you come!!!! Will you actually look forward to that? See, I'm very needy and I'd definitly need to find me someone else right away! I always say to my hubby, god forbid he ever die or leave me, I'd remarry very soon. I need to be with someone. Some people though enjoy being on their own alone. I don't think that's you though

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: I was right! new
      #150086 - 02/14/05 05:21 PM
LittleLisa

Awww girl...I can so relate. After you are married for what seems like a long time (going on 14 years for us in May)things just aren't the same. My hubby got me all this candy and what do I do? I complain that he spent to much on it. He must be thinking, "I can't win". Us old married with children folks can only relate right! Hey, he bought you smokes! Look at it as a present

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lisa new
      #150156 - 02/15/05 03:55 AM
Sara-Sage

It is a shame. Yesterday was VERY hard for me as he ws all lovey-dovey. He's not a bad person but some of his behaviours are. I honestly don't think I want to marry him. And he is talking about proposing soon so now is the time to end things. It will break my heart. We have been together for TEN years!!!!

I am looking forward to single life because he is EXTREMELY controlling. The idea that I can cook, clean have friends over and do whatver I want will be exciting. Although I want to get a place by myself, I will probably end up moving in with a friend from work that has a spare bedroom at her apartment.

As far as being lonely...who knows? I have lots of close friends and I know they would all be there for me when I need them. But I am used to having him here most nights when I get home from work. It would be hard coming home to an empty house.

I would not want to rush into another relationship. No. It would have to go veeeeeery slow.

I'm very picky when it comes to guys so I would never jump into another relationship right away unless it was someone very special to me.

Thanks for asking, Lisa. It's such a tough thing to deal with and writing about it helps a little.

#150175 - 02/15/05 04:55 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ah- some of these are great. I can relate to the slacker signficant others though- my husband usually sucks at holidays. He's ruined my birthday many a year, so he was making up for it this time.

But, he did a fantastic job this year! He got me a new silver White Rabbit necklace from Alice's Sheep Shop in Oxford (someone stole my old one), a pair of earrings, and the game Katamari Damacy for the Playstation. Beyond that- his boss finally gave him a Christmas bonus, and he also got four job offers (from three interviews), and accepted the one that was a $15,000 dollar raise, had stock options, promises only a 48 hour work week (at the most!), and no travel. Having him home more is the best gift ever.

Before the bonus and the new jobs, I got him some nice shaving stuff from Aveda and the Band of Brothers Box set. When I found out about all of the stuff I got him the MP3 player he has wanted for ever as a congrats gift...

It was the best Valentine's ever! I even drank a couple of glasses of wine (after bread, and Equalactin, and then I took 2 anti-spasmodics) and I didn't get too sick!!!

#150181 - 02/15/05 05:47 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Well we showed ours two weeks ago when we went away overnight. We stayed at the a Hilton, ate at a great restaurant. He also didn't bat an eye when I went shopping and spent about $200 . Later that night he surprised me with some fun stuff! And let me tell you this it was fun!!!!!!

I did buy him 3 DVD because he is a movie junkie! We spent last night eating turkey burger homemade fries and playing with our son!

Re: Hans new
      #150232 - 02/15/05 07:38 AM
michele

I'm so glad he came around!! Enjoy the flowers! They can sure brighton your day this time of year!

--------------------

#150273 - 02/15/05 09:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

I know you didn't ask for my opinion...but I just felt the need to say (as I consider myself one of your friends) I agree! He is bad for you Tina! You deserve an AMAZING guy...and this loser just ain't him!

But I'm happy he took you for dinner and flowers...you SO deserve it!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Happy Day After V-Day to Me! new
      #150274 - 02/15/05 09:28 AM
Jennifer Rose

So today's my Valentine's Day as I'm a big believer in celebrating the day after (less crowds and everything is on sale! LOL). It's just less stressful.

I did have to give Mike his stuff yesterday since I wouldn't be able to do it today - dropped it off on his desk at work before he got there. Got him a $20 gift certificate to Starbucks, a picture frame with our picture from Christmas in it, and a few other little things.

We've been having scheduling issues lately with my school, my moving, his son's b-day and his sister ready to go into labor any day. Since I had an emotional day Sunday and spent the whole 3 hours that he was able to come over for crying, I told him it might not be a good idea to leave anything in my apartment if that's what he was planning. It may sound crazy, but I think I would start crying again because it would remind me of our lack of time together lately. I told him I'd rather have "Mike time" than anything else.

I now feel bad for ruining his would-be surprise. He was going to leave flowers in my apartment for when I got home from school last night. Definitely would have been sad, though, because he wouldn't be there to give them to me. Not sure if that makes sense.

Crazy woman hormones!!

Now I'm not sure if I'm going to get anything now. I made him promise that I could have all day on the 26th (getting my cat!) so maybe we'll celebrate then. Not sure - hormones are still out of whack and I just don't really feel like celebrating V-Day.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thanks Ruchie new
      #150344 - 02/15/05 11:11 AM
Sara-Sage

I know I deserve better. I do! I need to hear that and have it sink into my head!!!

But leaving a 10 year relationship is extremely difficult!!!

Thanks Ruchie.

Re: Tina new
      #150460 - 02/15/05 03:32 PM
LittleLisa

OMG 10 years! My DH and I dated for 9 years before we got married. He actually did break up with me at like the 7th year because I needed to be with him 24/7 and he was my best friend (and when you are 21 you should have best girlfriends not your boyfriend!)So I kinda drove him nuts cause I was that way. Him breaking up with me was the best thing for us. I grew into such a different person those 3months or so that we were apart. I found that I could get along without him. I dated a childhood boyfriend for a few weeks and as soon as he heard I was dating another person he came knocking back at my doorstep. Honestly though it broke his heart to break up with me too. We were planning on moving out and getting an apartment and then he tells me "I think we need our space"! I nearly almost died! It killed me and I cried for weeks. I was able to move on eventually but it all ended up working out for the best! We married 2 years later and have been married for 14 years in May. He is my soul mate(such a cliche)but he really is and if you feel like your BF is not then your heart must be saying so....however,

This might not be the end for you two. Maybe you do need to be apart too for him to sort things out. Controlling is such a not good thing to be. What is his sign????????? I've seen many friend controlled by their husbands/boyfriends and it's so horrible to watch. I am fortunate cause my DH is FAR from controlling. He lets me do whatever I want(to a degree) and you deserve to live like that to. Heck everyone deserves that.

Hmmmm I wonder if I were single again I'd be picky too. It's funny, the kind of guy that I'm attracted physically too is a dark haired, fit guy. (Tom Cruise or Nick Lachey type) I married a light haired balding guy who is fit but not like "model" fit. I still would never trade him though for my "fantasy guy". It's what counts inside that really matters. Being good looking wont' always get you places.

I feel so bad for what you must be going through. It is going to be tough for you to do it. Does he have any idea or will this shock him?

Please email me anytime you'd like to talk. Seriously, I have a really busy life working full time and raising two children but always have time for my "girlfriends"!!!

Take care and hang in there. Ughhhh, your situation makes me so sad cause I've been there. It will all work out for the best. You are a very strong girl and I know you will be doing the right thing.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Edited by LittleLisa (02/16/05 06:26 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4521 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10551

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review