All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re:Chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate new
      #150069 - 02/14/05 04:14 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Let's see...I gave him his card this morning that I've had for a week or so and he got mine at lunch (typical), I'm surprised there were any left!

Then I ran out at lunch and got my Valentine's(my hubby and my boys) a Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake.

Before dinner he surprised me with a local great candy store (Josh Early's)candy. Dark chocolate covered pretzels, dark chocolate non parrels, butter creams and dark chocolate mints. See girls, I'm lucky, chocolate doesn't bother my IBS. Thank God cause I'd just die without it!

Then the best present of all is that we are going to dinner on Friday with another couple to a really, really ritzy place (which I'll hate since they only have like a 6 things on the menu)but that's ok cause the kids are spending the night at my mom and dads Wooooooooohoooooo!!!!

Bad news though which I won't tell him yet, but I'm sure I'm gonna get my period.Shhhhhhhhhh oh well, no kids for the night wooooooooooohooooooooo!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Tina, you are doing what?? new
      #150075 - 02/14/05 04:24 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yep, not yet but it's a long time coming, I'm afraid.

It's time. I originally posted about it probably 4-6 months ago and nothing has changed. We're just not right for each other.

It's very complicated but I had a very long talk with a very good friend as she pointed out some things that I had been denying and avoiding. Apparently, all out friends think we're bad for each other. More importantly, they think he's bad for me.

I was right! new
      #150078 - 02/14/05 04:38 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Nada zip zero zilch! He even stoped at CVS to get me smokes and didn't pick me up anything! Happy V DAY!!! It is just another day Rght??!!! BLAAAA

--------------------
Heather7476

Edited by heather7476 (02/14/05 04:40 PM)

My Valentine's Day.. and a little joke.. new
      #150080 - 02/14/05 04:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Before I post my Valentine's Day, I wanted to share a funny story. My friend, who is single and really bitter, got a card for Valentine's Day that said: "Don't let the VD get you down" - now I thought that was funny, but she did not.

Okay, so my Valentine's Day started out kinda bad 'cause a while ago Adrian kept saying he'd made plans for us and I was all excited. Then yesterday, my mom invited us out for dinner and I was like, "It's Valentine's Day" and then Adrian says, "Well, I didn't make any plans or anything"!!!! And then my mom gives me this smug look that made me want to scream.
So we go downstairs and I am all kinda sad that there were no plans and that I'd be spending V. Day with my parents! Then he says he hasn't even gotten me anything and just figured he'd do it 'later' so I had a little cry, and then felt all guilty and he got _really_ upset - it was AWFUL!!

Then today I got up early and made him an English fried breakfast and he told me I wasn't allowed downstairs (where we live). So when I was upstairs making him breakfast, some roses got delivered to me! Then when I went downstairs to take him breakfast, he had decorated our basement in red balloons and streamers and stuff!! It was SO CUTE!
I got him a Bonzai tree 'cause he really likes them and had to leave one behind in England.
My presents were pretty silly: a little frame with pictures of me and him in it (but the frame was broken 'cause he dropped it - ooops!) and he got me an exercise video! How very odd! But it's the thought that counts, right?! Then we watched a movie on the couch (our new couch!) and had a nap together and cuddled and stuff - it was great. Then tonight we'll go out with my parents, and then he let me rent a sappy romantic movie (The Notebook) for later - yay!
My Valentine's Day was rescued and it was so awesome!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: Stephie new
      #150081 - 02/14/05 04:53 PM
LittleLisa

OMG too funny. My 6 year old is running around tonight saying happy VD day everyone! He has no clue. My hubby and I are crackin up

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: So how did you Valentine show their love today? new
      #150083 - 02/14/05 05:09 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

He took me out to an Italian place in the Italian Market here in Philly (so really traditional Italian) that was yummy, and he got me monkey earrings! It's kinda an inside joke, because he's obsessed with monkeys, so anytime anything about monkeys comes up I think of him anyway! I gave him a little heart token that says massage on it, like a love coupon thing and I wrote all a bunch of things I love about him.

Happy Valentine's everyone! Glad to hear most people's guys were good, Heather, smack yours for me!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: Tina, you are doing what?? new
      #150085 - 02/14/05 05:17 PM
LittleLisa

Oh that's kinda a shame that it's not working out! How long have you been with him? Yes, it's better though if you are not happy and you know this now. Better end it then ignore it and end up married and then decide you want out. That wouldn't be good. YOu are doing the right thing as hard as it might be for you to do.

Single life here you come!!!! Will you actually look forward to that? See, I'm very needy and I'd definitly need to find me someone else right away! I always say to my hubby, god forbid he ever die or leave me, I'd remarry very soon. I need to be with someone. Some people though enjoy being on their own alone. I don't think that's you though

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: I was right! new
      #150086 - 02/14/05 05:21 PM
LittleLisa

Awww girl...I can so relate. After you are married for what seems like a long time (going on 14 years for us in May)things just aren't the same. My hubby got me all this candy and what do I do? I complain that he spent to much on it. He must be thinking, "I can't win". Us old married with children folks can only relate right! Hey, he bought you smokes! Look at it as a present

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lisa new
      #150156 - 02/15/05 03:55 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It is a shame. Yesterday was VERY hard for me as he ws all lovey-dovey. He's not a bad person but some of his behaviours are. I honestly don't think I want to marry him. And he is talking about proposing soon so now is the time to end things. It will break my heart. We have been together for TEN years!!!!

I am looking forward to single life because he is EXTREMELY controlling. The idea that I can cook, clean have friends over and do whatver I want will be exciting. Although I want to get a place by myself, I will probably end up moving in with a friend from work that has a spare bedroom at her apartment.

As far as being lonely...who knows? I have lots of close friends and I know they would all be there for me when I need them. But I am used to having him here most nights when I get home from work. It would be hard coming home to an empty house.

I would not want to rush into another relationship. No. It would have to go veeeeeery slow.

I'm very picky when it comes to guys so I would never jump into another relationship right away unless it was someone very special to me.

Thanks for asking, Lisa. It's such a tough thing to deal with and writing about it helps a little.

Re: So how did you Valentine show their love today? new
      #150175 - 02/15/05 04:55 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Ah- some of these are great. I can relate to the slacker signficant others though- my husband usually sucks at holidays. He's ruined my birthday many a year, so he was making up for it this time.

But, he did a fantastic job this year! He got me a new silver White Rabbit necklace from Alice's Sheep Shop in Oxford (someone stole my old one), a pair of earrings, and the game Katamari Damacy for the Playstation. Beyond that- his boss finally gave him a Christmas bonus, and he also got four job offers (from three interviews), and accepted the one that was a $15,000 dollar raise, had stock options, promises only a 48 hour work week (at the most!), and no travel. Having him home more is the best gift ever.

Before the bonus and the new jobs, I got him some nice shaving stuff from Aveda and the Band of Brothers Box set. When I found out about all of the stuff I got him the MP3 player he has wanted for ever as a congrats gift...

It was the best Valentine's ever! I even drank a couple of glasses of wine (after bread, and Equalactin, and then I took 2 anti-spasmodics) and I didn't get too sick!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 920 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10714

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review