Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
So sick of doctors and wait times!
      #149148 - 02/11/05 09:12 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,
I just need to vent...I'm so sick and tired of the wait times in Canada to get medical attention! I know we should be grateful for our free healthcare, but it's getting ridiculous. I have a really bad sinus infection that has spread into my eyes and is not responding to antibiotics. I went back to the doctor today, and he was so unhelpful. First of all he pulled out the lab report from when they cultured my eyes (kinda gross) and told me that it was good news, that there was no infection in my eyes. Meanwhile, I can see the lab report from where I'm sitting and it clearly says that there is a form of staph growing! I pointed it out and his response was "oops...didn't read that far!" Talk about inspiring confidence! And these are my eyes, I really don't want to mess around with them!

And then I told him that I'm concerned because my head isn't clearing up with medication, and he said I'll likely need a CT scan to see what's going on and see if surgery is warranted, but that it'll take 3 months to get a scan! What good is that when I can't even see properly becuase my eyes are infected! I'm so annoyed right now...they doubled the dose of antibiotics so I guess all I can do now is wait and hope things improve.

Sorry for venting, I'm just pretty annoyed

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Grrr.... new
      #149205 - 02/12/05 04:49 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

....waiting lists SUCK! If it gets really bad, go to the ER! At least you'll get a second opinion there!

Re: So sick of doctors and wait times! new
      #149246 - 02/12/05 08:44 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

It's no better in the States, where health care costs a fortune. I just made an appointment with a GI doc because my symptoms are out of control and I am in chronic pain 24/7! I have other serious things going on too which are scaring me to death

The earliest they can get me in is August 23rd!!! I explained to them how horrible a state I am in and how depressed and scared I am every day. No matter. Follow the rules. Tough luck!

Grrr.. doctors are the pits. And I know this appointment is going to cost a fortune. The last GI doc I went to billed me over 800 dollars for an appointment and some lab work! Outrageous. The visit alone was over 500 dollars and all she did was give me a rectal exam and read over my chart.

I hope things work out better for you. As you said, you don't mess around with the eyes.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#149634 - 02/13/05 05:11 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

Yep I agree the wait times are no better in the states. U know what else is aggrevating, the mean receptionists! Ur calling to make an appointment b/c you don't feel well. It seems they always give ya either a long wait time, plus the attitude! I would just say that it is an emergency...sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do!
Good Luck!

#149637 - 02/13/05 05:16 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I hear ya regarding the wait times. But I still take that over paying for our healthcare.

I am on the waiting list for an MRI and have been told it could take up to a YEAR. It's nothing serious at all, just so you know. I could go to the states and pay for one but I would never do that. I'm too broke!

#149646 - 02/13/05 05:42 PM
Lana_Marie

Reged: 01/31/03
Loc: Saskatchewan. Canada

I completely understand about what you are saying...sometimes I would love to pay for our health care. We would get better doctors and less wait times!

I don't know if free health care is all it's cracked up to be.

I understand what you're sayin.

--------------------
Lana_Marie
Proud Mommy to Bentley Taylor
Born May 12, 2004 9lbs, 3oz

#149647 - 02/13/05 05:44 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

you poor thing...I understand the medical thing...when I lived in england, waiting to see someone on the national health service was the biggest joke...its like they hope we will give up on them and shorten the waiting lists!
so sorry to hear how you are suffering...big hugs

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Vent all you need to! new
      #149650 - 02/13/05 05:58 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

It's pretty much the same here. If you pay for private health cover you get seen sooner but if you're like me and can't afford it you wait forever. I've been waiting 4 months for a colonoscopy and that's on an emergency list! Hang in there. I hope the medicine kicks in and helps you feel a bit better soon.

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2258 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 904

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review