All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Feeling a bit sad today
      #148901 - 02/11/05 07:03 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Well, I just need some happy vibes sent my way if you don't mind! Today is the due date of my second baby, it would have been a healthy baby girl had my body been able to carry her. All week I have been getting samples in the mail of diapers and formula, things I must have signed up for when I was pregnant. I was hoping to get by this without having a major meltdown. I did take a Xanax this morning as I have to be at work all day and we have patients schedule and my boss is in so I have to pretend nothing is the matter and I'm finding that harder to do than I thought.

I am positive about the future with all the testing I'm doing. I feel good about the chances of me having a baby with in the next year but thats not really comforting me much today. I'm trying to hold the tears back, at leat, until I get home tonight but its a struggle. So, if you could all send some happy thoughts my way to help me get thorugh this day, I would be forever greatful! Thanks for everyones continued. Lots of love to all!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling a bit sad today new
      #148906 - 02/11/05 07:25 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't even imagine how difficult this is for you, Michele... hang in there, and I'm sending all the good thoughts I can possibly muster up!

Michele *hugs* new
      #148910 - 02/11/05 07:51 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Of course we can send happy vibes your way! :-)

Lets see...where to begin

If you get a chance...maybe make a list of things you are greatful for (maybe if you get a break?) That seems to help me and I end up smiling the more I add to the list. I put things like flowers, tea, stuff like that (but part of the game is...no negativity allowed!)

When I'm feeling sad (remember, I can't even try to have kids yet...), I close my eyes and picture the ocean or a tranquil setting and this calms me down and warms my heart.

Do a search on google for flowers (I'm really into flowers!) or scenery and just gaze for 2 minutes!

Can you put on some soothing classical music at your desk...or some uplifting jazz? That might make you feel like you're doing something special just for you (which I highly recommend and enjoy when I'm blue!)

If I think of anything else I'll elt you know...

Rememebr Michele that we all love you! *hugs* And we're here for you...so post as often as you like...we never tire of hearing form you *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#148914 - 02/11/05 07:58 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Michele, you're in my thoughts. You'll get through it. I promise.

--------------------

Praying for you especially today!! God is faithful!! -nt- new
      #148915 - 02/11/05 07:59 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

#148926 - 02/11/05 08:35 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear you're sad today. I understand why you feel the way you do and I think it's perfectly normal and okay to be somewhat mournful. I would let myself mourn for a little while, and then kick in some of the ideas from Ruchie or whatever you can think of to make yourself feel better. Think of some positive things in your life.
Hope you'll soon be seeing sunny skies again,
Terri

Been there.... new
      #148927 - 02/11/05 08:35 AM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

Michele, it's OK to be sad. I should be the mother of a 20 year old right now. I teach a class at my church that helps people thorugh difficult times and though in the past 10 years or so I have been OK, I was teaching and it occured to me that the next day would have been my baby's 20th birthday and I broke down and cried in front of everyone.

I just know that he and the two others that I have not been able to carry to term are in heaven and one day I will see them. It sounds cheesy but my faith is such that I see beyond the "cheesiness" and look forward to loving on them then. Boy my lap will be full!

We have adopted children and love being adoptive parents. I don't know any other way of parenting but I sure am glad that I have my little munchkins..not so little really, both are preteens.

I do know how you feel and so I hope that when you read this you don't feel so alone. Hugs,

--------------------
"puffy"

Oh, Michele new
      #148928 - 02/11/05 08:36 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I know this must be really hard for you. I'm so sorry! Those of us who have been through a miscarriage know what this is like. The baby I lost would have been born in March---and I think about that every spring, even though it's been 20 years.

Becoming a mother will happen for you. I know it will. And you will be a terrific mom! Hang in there, sweetie~

((((Big hugs)))))

#148929 - 02/11/05 08:36 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

AWWE Honey BIG HUGE HUGS!!! I am here if ya if you need to talk !!!! I will be thinking of you today!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#148930 - 02/11/05 08:38 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

Oh honey that has to be so hard! I know the pain and it is not a good feeling. Try to do something for yourself today. Maybe rent a good comedy tonight and snuggle in with some kind of treat. Remember you have lots of things to look forward to with all the new treatment you are undergoing. *hugs* and I hope you have great rest of the day!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1479 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1312

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review