All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Literally ready to EXPLODE
      #148292 - 02/09/05 03:23 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

It looks like I am going to have to drop out of school. I am a social work major and 20% of my grade is attendance. It doesn't seem like much but believe me, it is. I am missing classes left and right and I feel like I am drowning. I am expected to take a chemistry test tomorrow and I don't know ANYTHING. My boyfriend is mad because he says I am not trying. I could learn if I really wanted to. Tonight, I get to make a powerpoint presentation for a class that I am almost definitely going to fail because of my attendance issues.

My attendance issues are really something I can't control. What I thought was just a really nasty IBS flare up is actually my gallbladder. I had my first attack Monday and I still haven't recovered. I am still in pain, I am constantly nauseated. I am exhausted and feel like I weigh 10000000 pounds. I tried eating today and it went completely through me in about 20 minutes. I have to drive home tomorrow because none of the tests can really be done up here. My insurance will not cover the tests out of area and I go to school 150 miles from home. If I have surgery it will take time to recover.

I was supposed to be going to FL but it doesn't look like that will be happening anymore and I am VERY depressed about that.

I am going to have to remain in Philadelphia after my boyfriend returns to Ship meaning, yes, I will be spending Valentine's Day alone. I will be stranded at home without my boyfriend or my kittens.

I am petrified of the surgery. I am an emetaphobe and do not want to be put under anethesia at all. I don't want people cutting me open, not even a little bit.

My boyfriend is getting frustated because I am miserable and all I want to do is cry. I don't want to leave school. My mom said it's only a semester but a semester is like forever. I have worked sooo hard to get here and it's like it's going down the tubes and all I can do is watch.

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Literally ready to EXPLODE new
      #148301 - 02/09/05 03:37 PM
Urban Rain

Reged: 01/02/05
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

-don't worry about school. It will take care of itself while you are focusing on your health.

Bob.

Take it from someone who has over 60 semester units of withdrawn classes (due to depression issues). Don't worry about your school records, at this time. There are plenty of aspects in your life that are more important and need your attention. School will still be there if you need to take a break and take care of yourself.

Bob.

--------------------
If you love the meter, the beat is sweeter.

Re: Literally ready to EXPLODE new
      #148324 - 02/09/05 05:15 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I agree with Bob. Try hard not to stress out about school. I know you've worked hard to get where you are but the school isn't going anywhere. You need to concentrate on you and getting yourself better so that you can finish school.
Being alone on Valentines is depressing but be sure to talk to your boyfriend on the day and know that he is loving you even though you can't be together.
Good luck with your surgery. Surgery is never fun but I've had HEAPS of general anasthetics and never thrown up once. And there was only one time when I felt a little icky afterwards. So try not to panic about throwing up too much. It probably won't happen. Look at it like at least afterwards you won't be in pain and feeling so sick anymore.
I'll be thinking of you. Keep us updated about how you're doing and big hugs. I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
Amy

That is really tough... new
      #148334 - 02/09/05 05:34 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I'm soooo sorry that you are going through all this, it sounds bad enough with just the IBS and now the gallbladder!! Yuck! But I agree that you really just have to take care of yourself right now, school can wait for something as important as this. I know that probably sounds awful, and I would flip too if I had to take a semester off, but it doesn't sound like you have an option. I'm so sorry about the surgery, too, that would be really scary, but hopefully you will feel sooo much better afterwards and then things will fall into place. Best wishes and thoughts, I hope you feel better soon.

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 961 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 402

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review