Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Question for Ruchie
      #148256 - 02/09/05 01:55 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Ruchie,

I remember a while back you were talking about how you had a lot of sinus problems. I was just wondering, was surgery ever suggested to you? Have you ever had it?

I'm having trouble with my sinuses again, and this latest infection has spread into my eyes which is a real pain, and now the doctors are suggesting surgery. The idea of surgery in that region really scares me, so if you have any info, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks!
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Question for Ruchie new
      #148282 - 02/09/05 02:57 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Hi Kelly!

Yes, someone DID suggest sinus surgery. In fact my general practrioner and an ENT both did....

BUT I sent my sinus reports home to Miami to my ENT for many years. He said to go to a neurologist and get checked for migraines. I don't have sinusitis, thank G-d...I have MIGRAINES! I have to be absolutely dairy free, avoid citrus foods, not even sips of wine, and other things to stay migraine/sinus healthy. Migraines CAN cause sinus probs...so it can get confusing.

I don't have any good sinus surgery info.for you. But if you have any doubts you may want to consider a neurologist....

One thing that clued my ENT in is that my xrays were pretty benign. If your x-rays show tons of fluid in your nasal passageways you may indeed need surgery. Have you had a CT Scan yet?

In any event...I'm here for you! *hugs* I hope you get more info. soon....keep us posted, ok?

Love,
Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Question for Ruchie new
      #148659 - 02/10/05 01:56 PM
Vicam

Hey Ruchie,

Thanks for your information. I haven't had a CT scan yet, they're thinking of scheduling one, but it could be a long weight. My great-aunt waited two months for one when they thought she had cancer! I've had some x-rays which have shown congestion and enlarged adnoids, but now I'm worried there might be a complete blockage because it only seems to be draining into my eyes Which is quite gross!

Glad it turned out you didn't need surgery (although sorry to hear you've got migraines)

Kelly

Just buttin in...... new
      #148690 - 02/10/05 02:34 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Kelly,

I have a lot of sinus problems, too, probably not quite as severe as yours. I had a CT scan because of my headache and they found a sinus infection. I was treated with anibiotics and got better.

I also get a headache behind my eye....today behind my left eye. It's so annoying. I've taken sinus med and tylenol all day and finally am seeing some relief. I think the mold count is high today and that is what is causing it.

Have you tried OTC sinus meds like Sudafed, Tylenol or nasal sprays. The doc put me on one called Nasacort. Just thought I'd ask.

Feel better soon
Barbie

--------------------

Hey Barbie new
      #148695 - 02/10/05 02:47 PM
Vicam

Thanks for your info. Yeah, I've used OTC decongestants like crazy, they don't seem to be doing anything for me. I also used to be on a nasel spray (Flonase) but it started giving me severe nosebleeds so I stopped taking it.

Glad to hear that your infection cleared up with antibiotics, I hope mine will too. I'm just surprised I don't feel any improvement yet, and it's been more than 48 hours. Have you ever had the infection go to your eyes? If so, did you find anything that helped it go away?

Kelly

Re: Hey Barbie new
      #148712 - 02/10/05 03:28 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

I'm not sure what you mean by go to your eyes. I have sinus headaches behind my eyes if that's what you mean.

You will probably need to give the antibiotic more than 48 hours to work. It took mine a whole week.

It sucks having sinus problems.

Barbie

--------------------

Kelly is the drainage IN your eyes? n-t new
      #148717 - 02/10/05 03:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

My eyes new
      #148751 - 02/10/05 05:01 PM
Vicam

Yes, the drainage has gone into my eyes. Basically, my eyes have gotten infected as a result of the sinus infection. It kinda looks and feels like pinkeye, but it's actually from my sinuses. Not fun...I feel like clawing my eyes out right now

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1347 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1186

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review