All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Cara... new
      #148522 - 02/10/05 08:06 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Hey I thought I'd reply here for the benefit of everyone...but feel free to drop me an email if you want to keep anything private!
Giving up sugar is no mean feat..I was probably as addicted as you. I gave it up totally cold turkey and I had what we term in naturopathy as a 'healing crisis' in which your body displays all the major symptoms you suffer from in order to rid your body of the junk- in other words I felt ILL for a few days...headaches, belly etc...but after that WOW!!! Some doctors are not in support of doing it cold turkey, saying its too much stress for the body...I believe personally it depends on what type of character you are...you have to decide how you would like to do it!!
My typical diet(everything is organic):
morning - giant mug of peppermint tea, peppermint cap and probiotic
breakfast - oatmeal, or an 8 grain hot cereal like oatmeal, with almond milk.
snack - banana, prune, date.
lunch - two wholewheat pitta breads with a huge salad of leaves, tomatoes, radishes and olive oil with egg whites.
snack - cashew nuts, almonds, pear.
dinner - split pea, red lentil soup with vegetables, barley and brown rice. Apple.
dessert - carrot cake made with brown rice flour and sweetened with pear juice concentrate and a bit of raw sugar!!

Thats just what I ate yesterday...the menu can vary!!

I would be delighted to help you...just let me know if you want to do it cold turkey or not!! :-) Congrats on giving up the jelly beans etc..I promise it will get easier!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Dalia! new
      #148523 - 02/10/05 08:07 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Wow, that's so cool that you can read people's eyes. Is what you see in your own eyes reflect what you're going through health-wise? You can't do it from a photograph, can you?

About the tongues. It is called "tongue diagnosis". For example, a very red tongue can mean imminent or present fever. A pale one means general exhaustion. Then there's the form, size, consistency, cracks, coating, humidty and temperature. Here's a link if you're curious:
http://www.yinyanghouse.com/chinesetheory/theory-tongue.html

I will check out Dr. Bernard Jensen.

If I ever go to New York (and I have a feeling that I will), we have to meet!

Re: Dalia! new
      #148529 - 02/10/05 08:22 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Dalia you're vERY smart to be careful who you learn from! One day, I believe, allopathy and naturopathy will at least come together if not naturopathy standing on its own!

There are so many quacks out there that just want our money *sigh* I've been to 3 naturopaths...and only 1 of them was the REAL true deal! Some people will only go to a naturopath if they are also an MD....whatever! One of the guys I went to just wanted my money...he was an MD. Blah!

Anyway...I'm glad you're doing this so carefully! We need more people like you in the medical field!

*hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Tina! Thanks! new
      #148530 - 02/10/05 08:24 AM
Snow for Sarala

I just checked my tongue in the mirror. It's quite pale...and I'm thoroughly exhausted (coming down with a cold I'm afraid!) I've always been curious about the tongue diagnosis and how it works...this is awesome! *hugs* P.S. How did you become passionate about naturopathy?

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Dalia, can giving up sugar cause you to have cold sypmtoms....? new
      #148531 - 02/10/05 08:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

I am having major green mucous and cold-like symptoms and awful fatigue. Can this be the elimination of the white stuff? What can happen to your bod when you detox? I also took out dairy, red meat, (I've been eating fish...chicken hurts my stomach and makes me nauseous, but I DO plan to put turkey in my diet white meat only), and white flour. Just curious, thanks! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

To Ruchie! new
      #148533 - 02/10/05 08:30 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

It's very accurate Ruchie.

I became passionate about naturopathy from being a vegetarian. I know that might sound odd but it's true. I used to only be able to get tofu products from health food stores (remember I became a vegetarian 13 years ago before it became so popular and trendy).

So I would always be in thr HF stores which were packed with herbal remedies, books about them, etc. I took an immediate interest in it. And when I started getting too many colds and the flu, I started reading up on strengthening my immune system, naturally.

The yoga philosophy also strongly recommends alternative healthcare so it's just a part of my life. I have never been to see an alternative healthcare professional though. Too expensive, $250 for a consultation! Yikes!!!!

Re: To Ruchie! new
      #148545 - 02/10/05 09:04 AM
Snow for Sarala

Tina,

I was a vegetarian in junior high for a bit (parents got REAL mad about it) then again in high school. It's so much healthier! Our poor bodies suffocate with all of the junk we put in them!

Wow, what a cool story! You hung out in the health food stores huh? Are you an avid reader? I could just sit in the stores for hours and look at the books!

Anyway, thanks for sharing the link about tongue diagnoses! If you have any other links you want to share...I'm game! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Dalia, can giving up sugar cause you to have cold sypmtoms....? new
      #148546 - 02/10/05 09:05 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

absolutely...when you give something up that your body has got used to, and has put your body in a chronic state of feeling like poo..you are going to go backwards before you go forwards...your elimination channels (respiratory, digestive, skin etc) are working very hard to rid the body of the bad stuff. Do NOT take anything to dry up the mucus, and if you get D LET IT OUT. Your body is giving it to your for a reason. Buy tens of thousands of boxes of tissues and just blow! Take a lovely hot bath which will make things flow even more. Remember, this is bad stuff that needs to come out. Rest up, drink loads, eat light..but don't go back to eating the bad stuff...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Ok, Dr. Dalia.... new
      #148548 - 02/10/05 09:14 AM
Snow for Sarala

It's not easy....but I'm determined! Esp. if I can keep coming here and get everyone's support! I have NO desire for sugar...for that matter I'm not hungry. I had 2 pieces of fruit and some puffed millet cereal...but I am SO STUFFED now I don't feel like eating for days! LOL I'm alos on my 3rd cup of tea. Do I need to eat if I don't feel like it? What are the best things to eat right now? Can I drink too much tea? Hope you don't mind all the questions! Thanks Dalia *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

*HUGS* You've got mail! -nt- new
      #148552 - 02/10/05 09:36 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1313 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 22243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review