All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Cute tattoo guy... new
      #148775 - 02/10/05 06:04 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

A guy in my intro to psychology class! He has ALOT Of tattoos though, and very visible like on his neck and fingers. He has those guaged ear things, too, which I don't mind, but he had them out tonight and you could see the big holes in his mishappen ears and that looked alittle weird.
I got to talk to him for alittle, we are trading articles for a paper we have to do (we have to do so many articles on different areas of psych, and we had different topics, this will keep us from going to the library again).
Just about the paper, nothing personal. he is friendly and talks to people you think a guy that looks like him wouldn't talk to!
And he is VERY polite, when the whole class went over to the library a couple weeks ago, we kept getting to the doors at the same time, and he would open them for me
And he hates the cold, too! HE seems smart and like a dedicated student, just like me. I think I heard him say that he is a tattooist. If he is, I can start a convo with him cause I was thinking of getting another and Icould 'need his professional opinion"
But, it probably will amount to nothing, I am just a secret admirer, don't even know what his name is!
I wish I sat near him, but he sits farthest away from me as possible, and we are kinda settled in our seats now, and I don't want to take someone else's... I may start making my way up.
I am so boy crazy right now I can't stand it!
I met a police officer at the school I toured yesterday (probably work there in the summer) and he was soooo hot! And if I do get the temp job, I will get to work with him probably
Somebody stop me! I think I am purposely getting attracted to the types of guys that would just be flings, cause I am NOWHERE near ready for a relationship... I never had an adult fling before! I have been in serious relationships since before I was 18! I don't want to sound like a 'ho', but the possibilities seem endless and there is just so much fun to be had! (I don't mean that I want to have sex with alot of guys, I would never be that type of girl!) I can't wait to go to philly on saturday, I never went to any bars or clubs there.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nelly new
      #148794 - 02/10/05 06:31 PM
Sheri01

No, no, no Tina! Ugly duck syndrom is about the fairy tale. The one duck was uglier than all the other ducklets, then when he grew up, he grew into a beautiful swan, and the other ducks were just ducks. But, UDS applied to people is that you grow up as an ugly or awkward kid, then the glasses and braces come off, you either lose or gain weight, you grow into your nose, and BAM! You are twenty and beautiful , but still humble, or sometimes have low selfesteem (hopefully not), becuase you had to build character cause you couldn't get around just on looks, cause you didn't have any! You also don't act like you are 'all that', cause you don't realize you are attractive. I mean you can tell, but it is hard. Like, I have to tell myslef that I am a goodlooking chick, cause I still see myself as hideous. UDS people are the real gems to find i think there was a scene in "Shallow Hal" that explained the concept. Yo umay have known all this, sorry if I misunderstood!
thanks for the compliment, i love hearing that i am not an ugly duck

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Michele new
      #148796 - 02/10/05 06:33 PM
Sheri01

I agree! Michelle, you have sure been through the wringer, but you are one h@3l of a woman!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Nelly new
      #148797 - 02/10/05 06:34 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

My brother calls that "reformed fat girl syndrome." According to him, fat girls always have the best personalities, so funny, bubbly, etc ... and then when they grow up and grow out of their weight, they still have the same personality but are also hot and low-maintenance. And yes, my SIL is a reformed fat girl. Unfortunately, my brother is a non-reformed fat guy ....

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Rock on, grl!! new
      #148809 - 02/10/05 06:51 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Cool tattoo guy!! You must find out his name! You know there's a trick I used to meet cops when I was in college-- go for ride-alongs. The guys are sooo nice, and if you get a cute one he 'll ask you out with his cop buddies after his shift. Course you have to go from like 12am to 5am, but you sit in the passenger seat and waatch him pull over speeders, drunk people andrespond to calls like kids smoking pot in the dorms.

The cops are really nice, the ones who participate in the programs, and they usually go out to a diner after their shift with the other guys. I've actually had a cute cop ask me, So, have you ever been in handcuffs before? To which the proper answer is: No, not outside the realms of erotic behavior!! The cop smiled and goes: Me too! LOL!!!!!!! True story!!

Plus, if you ever get pulled over, now you know the cops!! Works all around!!

Well, not that you need my help anyway!

~nelly~

Oops Sheri - thanks for the explanation! -nt- new
      #148812 - 02/10/05 06:58 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Re: Cute tattoo guy... new
      #148813 - 02/10/05 06:59 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Ha ha Sheri! Have some fun!

Re: What did I do? new
      #148820 - 02/10/05 07:09 PM
jenniferlynn

Reged: 02/10/05
Loc: Pittsburgh, PA

I just recently got out of a 5 year relationship. I was engaged for 2, and we have a house together. We had set a date for the wedding and everything. He came to me and said he wasn't ready for marriage? How can you buy a house with someone and propose and not be ready?

We still live in the same house together...we have no choice until we sell. I will be alone for the first time on valentine's day too. Mine is just like yours, a great guy, but not the right guy. It sucks right now...things do get better!

Too bad you don't live closer...we could have a girls nite!
Keep your head up and stay positive.

Re: Rock on, grl!! new
      #148821 - 02/10/05 07:11 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Ahhh the advantages of being a female... My good looks don't get me that far with the police... I mean not that I get into trouble all that often... I swear, hey the new job hired me, my record is clean d@mmit!... well except for that incident in Ireland but that was a long time ago well past the statute of limitations.... JK!!

--------------------

Re: What did I do? new
      #148837 - 02/10/05 08:10 PM
Sheri01

That is true Jennifer, that stinks you don't live closer! Wow, just read your profile, you were with your ex since you were young, about 19ish?
I don't know what the nearest happening city is to you, but this weekend my sis is taking me to Philly, and next weekend a friend is taking me to Hoboken and NYC. You should do same/similiar... you need to get out and clear your head about things!
I really feel for you, you can't *fully* get over him til you both can move out. You need that seperation to move on. maybe stay the weekend at a buddy's or a parent's? Another trick I am doing to cope...
Good luck

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2902 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20334

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review