All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Just got back from my RE appt!
      #146270 - 02/03/05 09:47 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So, the dr seemed very nice. She reviewed all the records I had brought in. Asked both WIll and I LOTS of questions. Did a complete physcial exam on me and took a few cultures.

This is the plan! I should get my period early next week, as soon as I start, I have to call the office. They want to do an ultrasound the first few days of my cycle because that is actually when the uterus is the most quiet. I guess mostly for a baseline kinda thing. At the same time, they will be taking a TON of blood, testing for everything under the sun, including chromosonal abnormailites that we might be carrying. Will has to do blood work and provide a semen sample, which he is not happy about! One week later, they will do a hystegram (not sure about the spelling on this test). Basically, the inject water into the cervix to dialate it and inject dye in to make sure everything is normal. During the last week of my cycle, they will do a biopsy of my lining. Once we have the results of ALL these tests, they we can decide on the best course of "treatment." She does feel I should be able to carry a baby!!!

She LISTENED to me, asked all the right questions and the tests she ordered are the ones that I suspected I needed according to the research I have done on my own. I feel very positive about this!! She has cleared us for sexual acitivity but we are NOT to get pregnant yet. She didn't say anything about having to wait a long time to try again, only until the testing next month is done! So, maybe after next month, we can actually TRY to make that baby again!

I have officially lost 6 pounds in 2 weeks! My pants are very baggy but the next size smaller is still a bit too snug. So, if I can keep up the 3 pound a week weight loss, I will be under my 150 pound goal before I get pregnant!

So, basically, good news all around for a change!! My foot is still weak but the swimming is really helping. My tummy hasn't gotten too bad. Its been a bit more upset than usual but not like it got this past August after the second miscarriage! I'm sleeping like a champ on the Ambien! The sun is out today! Life is looking up!!!

Thanks for everyones continued support, I don't know how I could have made it through everything without you guys! Love to all!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww glad to hear everything is starting to look up for you, Michele! -nt- new
      #146274 - 02/03/05 09:51 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

YAY! That's fantastic news all around! -nt- new
      #146278 - 02/03/05 09:53 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

sounds like great news all around... new
      #146279 - 02/03/05 09:55 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

and wow- congrats on the weight loss.. though you don't look like you need to lose it! and the docs news sounds very good overall!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

MICHELE! YIPPEE! new
      #146285 - 02/03/05 10:01 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You just made my day! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU! You have been in my thoughts and paryers and I am just SO glad you are doing so well! I hope it hsould just continue!

Michele...youa re a very beauitulf person and we are SO blessed to have you on the boards *hugs*

Love to you,

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Just got back from my RE appt! new
      #146287 - 02/03/05 10:03 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Yay!!! That's awesome news!! Keep us updated!! *HUGS*

#146289 - 02/03/05 10:07 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I am glad I popped on the boards for a minute - and found this!! I am SO happy about this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wonderful news, I'm so so so so excited for you! Things ARE looking up! This is going to be a great year for you. You made my day! And yours I'm sure

--------------------
~Cara~

#146291 - 02/03/05 10:09 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Michele-
That sounds like great news! Your doctor seems like she knows what is going on. There is so much out there now that they can do to make sure you can have a baby. You must be feeling on top of the world right now. This is definately your silver lining.(Boy I am full of cliches today ) Congrats on the weight loss too. Although I would agree with Amie in the fact that I didn't think you needed to lose weight. But you need to do what makes you happy and most defintaley be in good shape when you are carrying that little baby!

I love the fact that the sun is out today and we are having a warm spell of 40 degrees!!! Although that darn ground hog says six more weeks of winter! What does he know anyways!

Have a great day sweetie!!!

#146294 - 02/03/05 10:14 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Sounds good! glad to hear that you are able to start straightening things out!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Thanks everyone! new
      #146295 - 02/03/05 10:16 AM
michele

Angela, love the new picture!! And thank you and AMie for saying I didn't look like I need to lose weight! Unfortunately, my weight was up to 168 . As I mentioned, my goal is 150 before I get pregnant. I had gotten down to 127 a couple years ago but that was too hard to maintain. After baby, I work on getting to about 140, thats a good weight for me, not too skinny and still possible to mainatin. Execess weight can make it harder to both concieve and carry, so I'm really working on it!

Thanks for everyones happy words, encouragement and hugs!

--------------------

#146301 - 02/03/05 10:22 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Isn't it the same one that's been up for a while now???? I am in a green turtleneck right? I posted it two weeks ago. Did it just show up on your computer? I know I had to clean out my cache to see my new pic on my computer. Anyways thanks!!!

Woohoo! Fantastic! new
      #146304 - 02/03/05 10:29 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

About time things started looking up, eh? Good wishes still comin' at ya!

#146317 - 02/03/05 10:43 AM
michele

Thats odd, your new picture just showed up today! I did do some utility cleaing and stuff on the computer just last night so that must have brought it up!! I specificly remember looking at your old picture this past Monday to compare it to how you looked over the weekend!! Funny!! Anyway, its a great picture!

--------------------

Michele! That's wonderful news! new
      #146341 - 02/03/05 11:40 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

It really sounds like this doctor knew what she was doing and that yours and Wills feelings were valuable to her! You two deserve to have things work out for once... pretty soon you'll be proud parents... I just know it!

I'm so happy for you! Keep those goods reports coming!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Michele new
      #146383 - 02/03/05 01:15 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm so glad your doctor's visit went well and that you liked her. It sounds like she's very thorough, which is definitely what you need at this point.

I've had the dye test done (years ago). It wasn't too bad!

And congratulations on your weight loss! I just can't seem to get motivated to lose any. You are doing great!

Awesome Michele! -nt- new
      #146384 - 02/03/05 01:20 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Re: Thanks BL new
      #146394 - 02/03/05 01:45 PM
michele

I've heard the hystiogram (thats a shortened version of the actual name I guess) can cause some pretty major cramps for a couple of hours afterwards. Aw well, whatever it takes at this point, its all better than suffering another miscarriage! At least I may get some solid answers now!

I'm pretty proud of myself for the 6 pounds in two weeks. I'm working very hard. I've been swimming a lot and REALLY watching what/how much I eat! I've had some chocoloate soy "ice"cream thats helping to combat the pms cravings!! Its not fat free, I think its like 130 calories and 3 grams of fat for 1/2 cup, I'm sure I usually scope myself at least a cup but I consider it my reward at the end of the day for doing good! I just can't deny the craving for chocolate when the pms sets in!!

--------------------

yay michele! new
      #146396 - 02/03/05 01:57 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

Things sound so great! and congrats on the weight loss.. how are you doing it?

--------------------

Doing the Happy Dance for you!!! YAHOO!!! -nt- new
      #146397 - 02/03/05 01:59 PM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: yay michele! new
      #146402 - 02/03/05 02:08 PM
michele

I'm losing the weight by doing water aerobics, thats about the only exercise I can do because of my foot and watching what/how much I am eating!

--------------------

Re: yay michele! new
      #146435 - 02/03/05 03:44 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

that's great news- i am so happy for you

--------------------
S.

Re: Oh Michelle.....finally good news! new
      #146454 - 02/03/05 04:26 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm so happy for you! I have good feelings too about this doctor. It seems as though she is doing all the right things. It seems like a lot I'm sure but at this point you'll probably go along with whatever they say to do
Lots of luck and prayers for you!!!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Yahoo! Good News Michele! new
      #146470 - 02/03/05 05:19 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sounds like you found a great doctor who has that combination of bed side manner, plus intelligence! She has laid out a plan of action and you have some guidelines as to how you're going to work all this out and eventually have your little babies!

I'm so happy for you sweetie! Celebrate good days and future good news!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#146472 - 02/03/05 05:21 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I'm so happy you finally got some good news. You guys really needed this! Keep the good news coming and make sure you let us know how your tests go.

--------------------
Amy

#146473 - 02/03/05 05:25 PM

Unregistered

Oh Michele I'm so excited to hear all that good news!

All the testing and stuff sounds VERY thorough, but it seems like you're really going to get this all figured out which is great! Keep up the good spirits and look forward to that baby that you'll be having soon enough!! hugs!

#146475 - 02/03/05 05:26 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

This is great! I'm so glad you have a good doctor who is willing to listen to you! My fingers are crossed that this can all be worked out!!!

Michele new
      #146546 - 02/03/05 09:28 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Yhea!!! I am so glad your app went well!!! I am sorry I didn't call ya today I wasn't home ALL day! Left around 10:30 am and didn't get home till 9:00pm!!! I will try to give ya a ring tommrow!! I am so glad you found a good doc!!
HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#146551 - 02/03/05 09:43 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I'm so glad to hear of your great news, Michele. I'm very happy for you. Yippee!!!!!!!!!

Re: Thanks guys!! new
      #146611 - 02/04/05 06:46 AM
michele

I'm really excited and feeling very positive now that we have a real "plan" in place!! I just need to stay focused on getting fit and be patient!! I'll keep everyone posted as I get the tests done!

--------------------

Re: Thanks BL new
      #146628 - 02/04/05 07:54 AM
abuss

Reged: 01/13/05
Loc: Lake Crystal, MN

I think you've got a great attitude on all of this. I'm sure of the tests may not be the most pleasant, but when you think about in the grand scheme of things...it will be all worth it when you have that baby in your arms!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3021

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review