View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Why are you PROUD of yourself today?
      #146111 - 02/02/05 11:43 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
So I have been getting a bit down today because of Adrian being so sick and I am so exhausted and so upset that my school break got cancelled and I might not be able to go to Seattle BUT I am trying to teach myself to focus on the positive things in my life (which is much less fun, I have to admit because sarcasm has been an oh so good friend of mine!) and have decided to make a list of why I am proud of myself:
-I got the 96 percentile grade on my Psychology test
-I finished putting together my eliptical machine tonight
-Even though I have been sicker than I have ever been the last 2 years, I have: found a wonderful boyfriend, made a new best friend (with the girl I travelled with), made lots of other friends (YOU GUYS!), travelled to England, Spain (twice), France (twice), and Greece. I have held down steady jobs and never been fired, and got an awesome reference from my last job. I have gone back to University and have so far only missed one class due to bad tummy.
-I have been almost a week without arguing with my mother
-I have applied for jobs, even though I am terrified of going back to work while I am in school.

And I just have to add this one thing.. Reason I am proud of Adrian today:
Even with a fever of 101, he went to a driving thing, took his test, PASSED HIS test and got his new Canadian Driver's License - the last hurdle before putting in his police application - WOO HOO!!

So tell me why YOU are proud of yourself today (or any day!). It really might make you feel all warm and fuzzy... I sure do! Now I have to go sleep on the couch to avoid catching the nasty flu, but I don't care because my warm and fuzzies will lull me into sleep! Hee hee.
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Why are you PROUD of yourself today? new
      #146112 - 02/02/05 11:49 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I did this exercise once and made the same "mistake" that I think you did. I made two lists, one of good things and one of bad. The bad thing said all kinds of stuff like "I can be selfish, proud, etc ..." and the good list said all things like "I cook really interesting foods, I help people, I DO this and DO that." Your "good" list should define what you ARE, not what you DO. That's a much more fulfilling list. We are so quick to define ourselves by our bad traits "I am impatient" instead of "I lose my patience sometimes," but we won't define ourselves by what makes us good. You're good list should say, "I am patient, and kind, and smart, and funny, and loving ..." Give yourself credit for more than what you just do -- for what you are!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#146119 - 02/03/05 03:07 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Panda, that was a good post. You should always be proud of who you are. I always tell people it much easier to be sad and unhappy. Those emotions radiate out of a person with ease. But, joy and happiness, you have to work at it. Once you have found the things in life that you appreciate (which YOU yourself should be the first person you appreciate) and you find the people you care and love for then you're on your way.

What am I proud of you ask? I proud to have people in my life that care about me and love me. I am so happy to have found these boards and the people on it which have changed my life immensely. These boards have changed my life in more ways than one. I'll just leave it at that. Good post Steph.

--------------------

Tommy new
      #146123 - 02/03/05 04:02 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You forgot that you might be getting a job offer today! That would make you proud, wouldn't it?

I am SO proud of my 11 year-old niece! new
      #146124 - 02/03/05 04:04 AM
Sara-Sage

She's only 11 but apparently is already quite good in math. She is being sent on an enrichment workshop for 2 days at Queen's Univerity which is an excellent Canadian Univerity in Kingston, Ontario. That's friggin AMAZING! I am proud beyong belief! I really adore her.

Here's a picture of her! Her name is Ashley. She has an awkward smile but don't all kids?!

http://tinypic.com/1j3i1s

My post will go both ways... new
      #146125 - 02/03/05 04:17 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm proud of myself today because I blasted through 24 auctions for the contract I'm working on right now. 24 doesn't sound like a lot, but it involves a lot more work than you'd think - sorting, inspecting inside and out, a ton of measuring, photographs, writing, and a lot of physical lifting-and-bending work - I tend to shrug off my ebaying as a hobby that makes me a little money, but it is work, and I'm proud of the good job I do, how effortlessly I do it, and the base of repeat bidders I've built up.

I'm also proud because after reading Panda's post, I'm realizing that I like who I am. I will never be rich - I will probably not ever even be comfortable, financially - and I will never be a "success" in the material terms that society has taught us are important. But I have a big heart, and I love unconditionally with it. I am stubborn, which doesn't sound like a plus, but it is - it means I'm determined and don't give up easily. My mind is endlessly creative, and my hands can create anything that my brain can come up with. I won't even get into the blessings of my physical self... you get the idea. I'm proud of myself for FINALLY being able to see and appreciate what others have seen for years.

Great post, Steph!

Re: My post will go both ways... new
      #146126 - 02/03/05 04:27 AM
Sara-Sage

Casey! Taht's SO great. I think your pretty special too!

Re: Tommy new
      #146135 - 02/03/05 05:53 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

You're right HC... Lets see what happens...

--------------------

#146136 - 02/03/05 05:58 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I am proud of myself today for how strong I have been lately. I have been concentrating on more on being healthy mentally and physically rather than having a completely flat stomach.
I am proud of myself for keeping my cool and not fighting with my dad on the phone last (which I usually would have) for uninviting me to watch the superbowl at his house (my family is in Florida and was gonna let me watch it on their big screen without them) and not even giving a valid reason.
I am proud of myself for straying away from the "easy" clear path in life, and pursuing one that will give me more job satisfaction and ALOT less money.
I am proud of myself for realizing that I do not need a career that earns me lots of money, I need one that makes me happy.
I am proud that I am learning to be more understanding and let things roll of instead of obsessing.
Oh, and of course I am proud that once again I am doing really good in school, it will pay off when I go to transfer to a school with an awesome GPA.

--------------------
-Sheri

Because I Quit Smoking!! new
      #146143 - 02/03/05 06:11 AM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I smoked for 10 years and it's been exactly one month now that I've been smoke free!! That makes me really proud of myself because it's such a difficult thing to quit but I did it!!

I'm also proud of myself for doing a good job at work (and getting a raise for it) and for going to the gym every single day and feeling better both physically and mentally.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4135 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3113

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review