All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
2 days, 150 miles and a bike...
      #145601 - 02/02/05 06:59 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Shell- you inspired me to post... I was going to wait until it was closer and I was ready to ask people to sponsor me.. but you inspired me.. some of you have read my questions on the eating board about endurance training...

I am scheduled to ride the MS150 in July to raise money for Multiple Sclerosis.. a condition near and dear to my heart.. we have several friends who suffer, along with Bill's cousin.. it actually runs in his family, but thankfully only Suzy of his immediate relatives who is still with us is affected... several members of his grandmothers generation and fathers generation had it though...

anyway- in the meanwhile.. I am setting little goals.. I have to bike indoors until the weather warms up, so am setting the goal of 40 miles on the indoor bike BEFORE I switch.. I will have to slow down when I first switch because the indoor one I use most often is a recumbent and the muscles are slightly different then those used on the road bike I normally use... but then my next goal will be to do a 50 mile ride before my birthday May 16th, and then 60 by June 16th, so that I'll have that last month and be ready for the 2 75 mile days in mid July.

Anyway- positive vibes appreciated, along with reminders to get out and ride!

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 2 days, 150 miles and a bike... new
      #145629 - 02/02/05 07:33 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Good luck!! Sounds like a great plan!! Keep up the good work!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

thanks Michelle.. you'll all see what new
      #145703 - 02/02/05 08:40 AM
khyricat

it does to me over time physically too, as I'm sure there will be changes and you guys saw me just as I was getting started when we got together on Sunday...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

Way to go Amie! new
      #145712 - 02/02/05 08:56 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

I am very much a supporter of those who do the walks and bike rides for medical causes. My step-mom does the Walk for Breast Cancer in June and I've been helping her with her training. I didn't join with her because I don't have the time to raise the $1700 entry donations, but I can support her by helping her train.

Good luck with your training and let us know how it's going from time to time!

--------------------
- Jennifer

Good luck! new
      #145745 - 02/02/05 09:35 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

wowsers that is a lot! Day 2 will be a killer. We did 40 miles last year in one afternoon and the last 10 were horrible! My friends do 70 or so in one day every year but to think of doing it again the next day is awful. Well stay positive!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

I am proud of her.. but.. new
      #145756 - 02/02/05 09:54 AM
khyricat

the ones that require a minimum of 1700$ in money raised have such high percentages of the $ coming out towards the events I won't do them.. thats why I'm doing this... 83 cents on the $ goes to the cause on this one... and this only requires me to raise 200$ in minimum to participate... the rooms are at a local college- donated by the school.. all the food along the way and the dinner/breakfast and lunches are donated as well...

its a really neat thing to see all these companies come out and donate things and space when they wouldn't otherwise donate cash!

Amie

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

I know... I'm a bit wary of it.. new
      #145759 - 02/02/05 09:57 AM
khyricat

but a coworker who did it a few years back is going to train with me some and with the other group some (he lives closer to the other office)... and DH is taking bets that I wind up getting the ride at the end to finish faster.. I think I can do it but that second day will be hard, thats why I'm planning on training as if it was more then 75 in a day and then having the extra endurance at the end...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#145773 - 02/02/05 10:16 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Good Luck Amie! That 's really great to be doing it for a cause! It will not only benefit you but others as well!

#145780 - 02/02/05 10:27 AM
khyricat

thanks angela- if we wind up in Milan or even Saline I may try to figure out a way to bike to your place at some point or just ask you if you think heading down that way makes sense for an area to do a ride... I need to find lots of country roads to ride on without stop signs...

--------------------
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic

#145782 - 02/02/05 10:35 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04

Just let me know! I don't live near a lot of country roads but the area right off of 23 is more country roads like Petersburg and Ida.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3254 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1511

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review