All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New Here
      #139773 - 01/18/05 05:01 PM
Niesan

Reged: 01/18/05

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I do not suffer from anything else but IBS.I came to this website by searching online for information about pregancy with IBS. Anybody that has gone through this, I would like to know if they felt their IBS symptoms improved or worsened during pregnancy. There does not seem to be much literature about the subject.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New Here new
      #139779 - 01/18/05 06:14 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I can't give you any input on IBS and pregnancy, but I just wanted to say hi and welcome to the site!

Do a search!! new
      #139787 - 01/18/05 07:09 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

There are MANY girls on this board who can tell you about pregnancies....and many of us who are trying to get pregnant.
My doctor is not worried at all about my IBS, as long as I'm taking my vitamins!
I know that a lot of people say that their IBS gets a lot better during pregnancy! Wouldn't that be great....I'd have about 50 kids.

--------------------
~Cara~

I'm pregnant and..... new
      #139887 - 01/19/05 09:20 AM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

My IBS is getting better. I'm eating and driking things I never would before I got pregnant. I can drink milk and I'm eating dairy...as well as other things I normaly wouldn't eat. I still get some tummy aches, but nothing like before.

After I have this baby I will go back to the diet and stick to it! It has helped and I still do follow it while I'm pregnant, BUT not as closley as before!

Are you pregnant or wanting to get pregnant? I'm 13 wks now and feeling pretty yucky do to morning sickness!!!

Good luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask!

--------------------

#139908 - 01/19/05 10:30 AM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

I will say that during my pregnancy my tummy felt pretty good. I could eat things I normally couldn't eat now. I was diagnosed with IBS after I had my son, so I am not sure what my stomach will do with the next pregnancy. I think that it depends on the person. Welcome to the boards by the way!!

#139925 - 01/19/05 11:04 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hello and Welocme! I'm one of the girls Trying to get pregnant right now! I've heard a lot of women actually experience relief in their IBS while pregnant! I'm hoping this will be true for me!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#141450 - 01/23/05 06:59 AM
Niesan

Reged: 01/18/05

Thank you all for the answers.Michelle I am not curently pregant. I am very busy at work and I have always been afraid of handling a pregancy, going to work and IBS. Now I am getting older (30) and feel it is time to have a baby. Because of work I do take Lotronex to help me function. It has been preety good.But my doctor wants me to stop it at least a month before trying to conceive!!! This made me panic and pospone it. Now I am trying to eat healthy and take care of myself so that I can live without the medication. I have a severe case of IBS_D and it seems my live revolves around it. Thank you so much for your reply. I do not know anybody else with IBS and was very concerned. I feel much better now.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1246 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 627

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review