All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Ok, this means war...
      #139663 - 01/18/05 01:00 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

My stomach has been bad/crampy for two days in a row now. What's up with that? And two days last week too. I think my GI doc teling me I don't have IBS jinxed things. I obviously do have it!

I'm pretty bloated and feel fat today because of it. I will borrow a maternity outfit from my friend tomorrow and tell everyone I'm 4 months pregnant. They'll believe me.

Can someone talk some sense into my tummy or things might get ugly.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ok, this means war... new
      #139670 - 01/18/05 01:11 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Tina, remember how I said if anyone messes with my friends they have to deal with me? Well, give this message to your tummy:
"If you mess with my gal Tina, you're messing with me. Now it is in your best interests for you to get back to normal so Tina does not have to go around asking for maternity clothes. Got it? GOOD. Now lets not have this conversation again if you know what's good for you."

In all seriousness, feel better Tina. It sucks to be at work and feeling the way you do. Just take it easy and get some rest. Remember my compliments from the other postings. Well just remember even with the way you're feeling, know that they still apply!

--------------------

#139672 - 01/18/05 01:13 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Tommy! That outta scare my tummy. You had me laughing out loud! You're a pal.

I would do the maternity thing too, just to shock people. he he

Thanks again Tommy.

#139676 - 01/18/05 01:21 PM
TommyNY

No problem Tina. You need to laugh just come to me. I have got plenty of antecdotes, stories and jokes to keep people entertained. But pretty soon I am going to start charging people. You know, NY can get pretty expensive.

BTW, I think the maternity thing would be kind of funny to do. Oh how the office gossip machine would be in fulleffect. I think one day I may just start a rumour about myself just for the hell of it. What do you think? I can see how far it gets...

--------------------

#139680 - 01/18/05 01:26 PM
Sara-Sage

Ya, $5 for each compliment, $10 for tummy-talk, and $30 for autographs. he he

It would be funny but this place is too much. When I lost weight when my IBS was bad, every woman on this floor asked me about it. How about "mind your own business!" It made me mad!

Doesn't sound like you'll be there much longer though. You can tell them you'll be on the next "Apprentice" with 'The Donald!'

#139686 - 01/18/05 01:30 PM
TommyNY

Tina's Bill:
5 compliments for $25 (US)
1 Tummy Talk for $10 (US)

subtotal: $35 (US)
- $35 Friend Discount
Final Total - $0

--------------------

#139691 - 01/18/05 01:36 PM
belinda

Reged: 10/09/03
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Is the $35 friend discount U.S. or Canadian dollars? If, Canadian, she still owes Cdn. $4.27 based on an exchange rate of 1.22.

#139693 - 01/18/05 01:38 PM
TommyNY

It's all US. I would never charge Tina for my services...

--------------------

#139711 - 01/18/05 02:41 PM
Harmony

Reged: 01/08/05

I just had the same thing with a stupid site I found that said it was ok to eat red meat and to stop eating turkey. I will die without the turkey...:( I called the Dr. who was listed on the site, and right away he said that I should go ahead and get the gallbladder out and that I probably don't have IBS, just gallbladder disease! I went into a tail spin. I fianlly took a deep breathe and realized why I was spinning. The diet has been working. I am fine with turkey and dead with red meat, so that rules out the advice I just got from the expert. I know my body. But I got all bummed and the nerves tighten up and I could feel it hit my stomach and back. I got out my journal and began to count down. I am ok I don't have to receive this bad advice. I can go through this quickly if I just calm down, get comfortable in your favorite spot. YOu have the flight or fight mode going on. YOu are filled with fear about what is going on, because someone else took your power to controll your body away. Take it back slowly. Accept that others can think what they wish, but you know what's best for you. Dont be mean with yourself. You need to feel safe and ok. You might say, "So what? I am having anxiety and it's going to pass soon. I will be ok soon. Just do something that makes you feel safe and in controll. Eat something safe. watch something or listen to music that comforts you until the felling passes. Do some of the Yoga exercises until you feel relaxed again. You can do this, you will be ok...

Thanks Harmony! -nt- new
      #139733 - 01/18/05 03:41 PM
Sara-Sage

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 329 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3555

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review