All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)
Re: You Gals... new
      #140091 - 01/19/05 03:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Men are a bit different. I think woman have ideas of what's beautiful and it can hard to measure up sometimes. We all know it's dumb but it's hard to resist sometimes.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You Gals... new
      #140092 - 01/19/05 03:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Me too!

Michele new
      #140099 - 01/19/05 03:25 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

See my other message ("Nelly, I got one of those!")

Re: Nelly, I got one of those new
      #140101 - 01/19/05 03:30 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

BL!!! You go girl!!!

I too have been thinking about this for a long while. I just don't want to go through all of my thirties with a nose I don't like. Mine doesn't fit my face either. I have a round cute chubby face, but an angular pointy long nose. Very strange, I think.

I'd love to get insurance and have them cover it. I've broken my nose a few times and my septum must be deviated by now!! How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking...?

~nelly~

Ok, I can't be the only one who's had plastic surgery! --nt-- new
      #140102 - 01/19/05 03:30 PM
BL

Re: I agree! new
      #140105 - 01/19/05 03:33 PM
Nelly

It's an idiom for "dag nab it" but literally it translates to "name of a pipe"... Ah the French. No one never knows what they're saying.

~nelly~

Too much new
      #140116 - 01/19/05 04:01 PM
BL

It costs me $4,650 (I looked up the receipt!). I can't believe that I spent that much on myself. I am a huge tightwad. I rarely splurge on anything for myself, so it was very out of character for me to do something like this.

I'm telling you, it was the approaching 40th birthday that did it to me! As it got closer, I kept thinking, I can be unhappy with myself the rest of my life---or I can do something about it.

I can't emphasize enough how bad my nose was. I had a horrible profile, and I felt like people were always staring at me. Of course, my family would tell me I was imagining that. One day, I was substitute teaching at a preschool and this little girl (probably 3 or 4 years old), tapped me on the shoulder and said, "You're nose is too big!" (Like she was telling me something I didn't know!).... Little brat .... but unfortunately, the truth comes out of the mouth of babes.

And I could go on and on with such stories. People can be so cruel. I finally realized that no matter what I did to make myself feel better (such as exercise, lose weight or buy new clothes), I would always be known and seen as "the girl with the big nose."

It really had become a handicap to mem and was affecting so many areas of my life. Now it is so nice to not feel like people are looking at me in an odd way. I used to always notice it when I went to get my hair cut. Every woman in the salon would be looking at me. Now if they do, it's usually because they are complimenting me on my haircut!

I don't know why I am sharing this with you all. (I haven't with many people). I guess because I hear so many people joking about those that have nose jobs---- like they are so vain. And that hurts! Because until you've lived with a huge nose that does not fit your face, you can't even begin to know how emotionally scarring that can be.

I look at people that have small noses and think, "Wow, they are so fortunate!" So mine costs me over $4,000. But it was a nice gift I gave to myself.

Thant is a lot, but it sounds like it was worth it!! new
      #140123 - 01/19/05 04:37 PM
Nelly

Wow, what you're saying sounds exactally like what's going on with me. I can't even get a haircut, because I can't stand looking at myself in the mirror that long because my nose bothers me so much. And I always get my bangs cut long so they offset the length of my nose. Forget about profile, I always look people directly in the face for fear they might see my profile. It doesn't make it easier that I have an overbite and recessed chin, as it makes my profile all the more horribly dramatic. I just need a nose that goes better with my face, so I look more like a person and less like a snowman.

We just had a dusting of snow, and my nose was glowing pink because of the cold and my BF said something about me looking like Rudolph. Man, that almost sent me into therapy, I can tell ya, and it only happened an hour ago.

So yeah, I totally get it!! I'll start saving now. $5K is not too much for a better outlook of how I look!! It's nice to have a price on how much it will cost me to have a better attitude about how I choose to present myself to the world. Funny thing, I actually got a seasonal affective disorder lamp to lessen my problems during the dark winter season, and I felt GUILTY for spending the $200 on it!! And it's a medical thing!! It's like I don't deserve to be happy/normal/feel better!! I too don't spend money on myself.

~nelly~

Re: Would anyone ever have plastic surgery? new
      #140128 - 01/19/05 04:47 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

No, I don't think I ever will. I'm not fond of pain and from what I've seen on TV it would be pretty painful.

I will just grow old gracefully and try to use makeup tricks when I can.

Barbie

--------------------

Re: Thant is a lot, but it sounds like it was worth it!! new
      #140130 - 01/19/05 04:49 PM
Sara-Sage

Nelly, I've seen one picture of you and you're beautiful!!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2892 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 54870

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review