Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Piercings
      #138851 - 01/15/05 01:13 PM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Ah, yes, the ever popular piercings.

I was wondering if anybody had some (other than ears), and would like to give some imput on my next one. I already have a vertical eyebrow piercing, and standard nose ring.

I'm thinking of a reversed eyebrow, a labret, or maybe even an industrial somewhere.

Oh, and if my piercer, Lana, can squeeze it in, a third set of holes in my ears.

Soo...anybody wanna give some imput or freaky stories?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Haha.... new
      #138853 - 01/15/05 01:18 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't have any freaky stories, unfortunately. My worst piercing experience was having my first nostril piercing not heal properly and end up with a lump on it, but even that went away with time.

Currently I have a nostril piercing, gauged 5/8" holes in my lobes, plus 2 others in my lobes (1 in each) and a helix (top of the ear). I've had a few others over the years, but those are the ones that stayed.

I did have a labret, and although pain isn't usually a factor for people who have piercings, I have to say that it didn't hurt a bit, and it healed like a dream, very quickly. I only took it out because I had started job-hunting and figured it would hurt my chances of finding work. I will probably get it repierced one of these days. If you get a labret, make sure it's done high-ish and at a bit of an angle, so you don't wear your gums down or chip your teeth. A friend did mine, and it was perfect - the back of the stud didn't even touch my teeth.

Industrials, according to a friend of mine who had one, are really hard to heal. I haven't tried, so I have no input there.

I'm all about tattoos these days. My birthday's in a month... guess what I'm doing that day? Hehe.

Strange story, indeed! new
      #138855 - 01/15/05 01:34 PM
Urban Rain

Reged: 01/02/05
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

My aunt once sat in a sewing needle and didn't realize it was there until she had to have it surgically removed.

Perhaps, this example wasn't what you had in mind!!!

Bob.

--------------------
If you love the meter, the beat is sweeter.

Re: Piercings new
      #138859 - 01/15/05 01:57 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I would not recommend having your bottom lip pierced. As a dental professional, I can tell you they reek havoc on your teeth and gum tissue.

I'm not one for a lot of peircings, but have been contemplating getting my nose pierced.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#138883 - 01/15/05 03:39 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I have a navel piercing and a nipple pierced. It hurts like crazy (anyone who says it doesn't is lying!!!). Just don't let it get infected. That happened to me right after I got it and I swear the pain was worse than when I got it pierced!!

#138887 - 01/15/05 04:09 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Ahh...I love piercings...I used to at least. I used to have 11 total, 9 in my ears (yes, 9) , one in my navel, and my tongue.

I still have my navel ring and love it...I still have all my ear peircings, but I NEVER wear them anymore...just wear the 2. I hated the tongue peircing, didn't have it for long!

--------------------
~Cara~

navel! new
      #138894 - 01/15/05 04:24 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

I got my bellybutton pierced when I was 16, and I like it! I would suggest getting a bar if you get that pierced because everyone I know who got rings in their bellies got an infection I think it's because the rings are always bumped around and take longer to heal. I had no probs with mine, it wasn't *horribly* painful, but it hurt. The only bad thing I have heard is that sometimes you can build up scar tissue in that area, which can affect your muscles in that area? I wouldn't worry about it. Please don't do it yourself!! I had a friend who did that and used a safety pin to hold the piercing and it got soooo infected! But it sounds like you have a reliable piercer that you trust. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

--------------------
~Angela

#138913 - 01/15/05 05:04 PM
Ravenndark

I don't think it hurts at all!

I'm really careful with infections, nothing serious yet!

#138914 - 01/15/05 05:06 PM
Ravenndark

Getting your nose pierced is fun!

It was my first one, and I was nervous, but Lana was really cool.

Re: Haha.... new
      #138915 - 01/15/05 05:10 PM
Ravenndark

Ooh, thanks for the tips!

I was only considering an industrial for somewhere like a surface bridge piercing...but those take forever to heal.

I think I'm leaning towards the labret now...

Re: navel! new
      #138916 - 01/15/05 05:12 PM
Ravenndark

Hehe, I've done some with safety pins, but I always took them out after a day. It was just fun during class!

I prefer barbells to rings anyways!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1649 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 564

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review