All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New
      #135513 - 01/05/05 07:20 PM
parellichica

Reged: 12/29/04

Hey guys I'm new and just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Emily, I'm 15 years old, I've had IBS for about 5 years and I'm super happy I found this site!

I horseback ride and volunteer most of my time, here's my picture site. http://community.webshots.com/user/parellichica

I was also wondering if any of you have anxiety about leaving your house?

Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome Emily! new
      #135527 - 01/05/05 08:04 PM

Unregistered

I'm glad you found us! I think it will be a big help to you - it's so nice to be surrounded by all these great people who know how you feel when it seems like nobody does.

I definitely think everyone has anxiety about leaving the house at some point (or most of the time). I'm going through a serious case of that this week But you'll learn what makes you feel more confident and hopefully you can find some good recipes on here that will make your life a lot easier and your tummy happier too.

I hope to see you around the boards and your picture site was great by the way!

Re: Welcome Emily! new
      #135530 - 01/05/05 08:07 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi Emily! Welcome to the boards. I'm IBS A but suffer from a whole lot of d and when I am I'm paranoid about leaving the house even to go to the local shop. It's an awful part of the ibs but in time you learn what you can do to make it a little easier. I think most of us get this from time to time when things aren't going well in the tummy department. See you around

--------------------
Amy

Welcome, Emily! new
      #135569 - 01/06/05 06:13 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Hi, Emily! Welcome to our IBS board. We're glad you came on board. Yes, we all feel that way about leaving the house, some of us more than others.

My husband and I are going to a Broadway show tonight (he gave me tickets for Christmas), and I am so nervous about having to run to the bathroom. When he ordered the tickets, he requested seats on the end of a row (just in case I needed to make a quick exit to the ladies room), but I'm still nervous about it. He asked me last night if I wanted to go out to eat beforehand, and I panicked. Eat at a restaurant and then be in a public place where there might be a long line in the ladies room???? That makes me nervous.

Only someone else with IBS can understand that feeling, right?

Re: Welcome! new
      #135618 - 01/06/05 08:32 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi emily and Welocme to the boards!! Great pictures! Your horse is beautiful!! I haven't riden a horse in over 10 years!!

A lot of us do have anxiety issues, some to a worse degree than others! As mentioned, once you learn to control your tummy a little better, the anxiety should lessen!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Welcome new
      #135622 - 01/06/05 08:35 AM
Tissy

Reged: 07/15/04
Loc: Baltimore, MD

Hi Emily,

Welcome to the boards!!! I get leary about leavin the house especially if it is to go out and eat or a social event b/c I am afraid I will have a bout of D while I am out. But it hasn't been as bad since I have been on Heather's diet. I just try to not get nervous b/c I know that will trigger an attack. If I relax and it some good base foods before I go out I don't have a problem.
Good Luck and again Welcome!
Christie

--------------------
Christie
~Hoping and Praying for Sleep!~

Re: New new
      #135625 - 01/06/05 08:42 AM
Bre

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: Philadelphia, PA USA

Hello Emily! I'm also new myself. My name is Bre, age 25. Yes - I do have issues with leaving the house - I guess it comes with the territory. Often I just won't eat anything before I leave or while I'm out b/c I won't get sick on am empty stomach. I feel bad b/c my husband likes to eat out on the weekends, and I'm always trying to talk him into take-out or eating at home. I hate how my life cramps other people's lives.

Again - welcome to the board!

Welcome to the boards, Emily! -nt- new
      #135628 - 01/06/05 08:44 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Thanks guys new
      #135800 - 01/06/05 02:09 PM
parellichica

Reged: 12/29/04

Thanks for the welcome, yeah IBS makes horse shows super hard. Getting up at 4:30 and all the nerves don't help, hehe. You should see the food they serve, it's totally not IBS friendly to say the least!

Also, is anyone on any fiber that they really like? I'm thinking about ordering Heather's since I already have the fennel tea (I reallly like!).

Re: Thanks guys new
      #135830 - 01/06/05 03:24 PM
jrs

Reged: 03/31/03
Loc: Aberystwyth, Wales

Yeah, IBS makes anything where you -have- to do something for extended periods of time under stress hard -- whether it be riding horses, or in my case, accompanying people on the piano.

I really like Heather's fibre out of all the types that I've tried -- it dissolves the best after stirring it for a while. You can hardly tell that it's there.

Good luck with everything!

- Vincent

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3653 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 662

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review