All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New here!
      #135223 - 01/05/05 09:11 AM
pattidawn

Reged: 01/05/05
Loc: New Galilee, Pa.

Hi ya'll. I've been suffering "a lot" since New Years day. Never read about diet, actually I just put up with it and avoided things I knew triggered like salid dressing. But I'm paying for that delicious Kilbasa! Cancelled an appt with doc today because of weather but will go Friday. Haven't taken anything yet but plan to take Zelnorm. Is it really the miracle cure they make it to sound on TV?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome to the boards, Patti! new
      #135228 - 01/05/05 09:19 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Glad to have you aboard.

People have had different results with Zelnorm. You should do a search on the boards for posts about Zelnorm with no time limits.

--------------------
- Jennifer

Re: Welcome to the boards, Patti! new
      #135231 - 01/05/05 09:28 AM
pattidawn

Thanks so much for the welcome Jenifer Rose. I've felt lowsey for 3 days, finally found this site and need to learn everything. Preferably what not to waste my time on. Hate paying co-pays for something that deson't work. also, I know NOTHING about Zelnorm except what I've seen in the commercials. I think to myself "Oh if only it did all that I'd be set!"

#135238 - 01/05/05 09:46 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Glad to have you aboard.

People have had different results with Zelnorm. You should do a search on the boards for posts about Zelnorm with no time limits.

Welcome Patti.... I 2nd that you should really do research about Zelnorm and other options before you go see your Dr.

Hope you feel better soon... keep reading this site is filled with wonderful info that has SAVED may of us!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#135259 - 01/05/05 10:25 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hi Patti! Welcome!!

I have suffered from IBS C for about 16 years. I tried the Zelnorm and it did help for about 2 weeks. Then, it stopped completey! A lot of people have this complaint about it. It usually causes some serious D the first day or two but that does go away. It just seems that you build up a tolerance to it very quickly and it stops working.

I take Miralax. It is a prescription laxative and you can become dependant on it but if I'm able to go potty most days, I'm willing to take it!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#135847 - 01/06/05 03:55 PM
pattidawn

Hi Michelle,
Thank you. I'm glad i found this site. I think it's wonderful! I have a very personel question I'd like to ask someone but I will not post it. When I try the "send a private message" it doesn't work. If you email me I can email you back with the question. On a good note, I found Bentyl that my doc had given a yr ago and I didn't know I had any but I did and it really helped. I go to docs tommorow and I'm going to want to try Zelnorm because my symtoms were so severe last week I could have had "lockup" because I'm type c and that's were the bad spasm's were.The proverbial "pain where an asperin won't reach!" That's what I didn't want to share, but wondered how many had spasms there and if any did result in lockup. If I knew this was all women that would be a little differant but it isn't likely.
Well, thanks for writting. Be Blessed ~ Pat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1142

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review