Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ugh, feeling sick and can't figure out what's wrong
      #134971 - 01/04/05 01:37 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Guys,

Well, I'm having a lousy few days. I've missed the last two days from work and am just feeling terrible, but I'm frustrated because my symptoms are so vague. I woke up Friday feeling like I'd been drugged, couldn't wake up for the life of me, and since then have been feeling extremely tired, have had a headache, chills and no appetite. I don't know what it could be? It's not getting worse or better, and it's just so frustrating. I finally went to the doctor today and he said maybe it could be mono, but I've already had that and I didnt' think you could get it twice...he was a resident, and said you could...but didn't seem to sure about it. Does anyone know?

Sorry, basically just venting here...thanks for listening.
Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ugh, feeling sick and can't figure out what's wrong new
      #134978 - 01/04/05 01:52 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry your not doing well honey. How long ago did you have Mono? Here is what I found...

Quote:

Can you get mono more than once?
Once you have infectious mononucleosis, you don't get it again. However, if someone resumes his normal activities too soon after having had a case of mono, he can have a relapse of symptoms until he has a chance to fully recover.

Once a person has had mono, the virus remains dormant (or inactive) in the body for the rest of his life. Generally it doesn't cause problems unless the individual develops a weakened immune system--for example, if he needs immunosuppression (that is, drugs that decrease his ability to fight infections) in order to receive an organ transplant.

web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: mono new
      #135120 - 01/04/05 11:34 PM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Sorry you're not feeling well! Just wanted to say that I had mono twice in high school (or just recurring) and it was NO FUN!! The thing is that they can't test you for it again since you already have the antibody, so they can only test for white blood cell counts to see if you have an infection...isn't modern medicine fabulous?? Do you have swollen glands or a sore throat? If you don't have those symptoms, I bet it's not mono, although I'm not a doctor...Anyways I hope you figure it out and get better!

--------------------
~Angela

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 302 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 426

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review