All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Wisdom teeth....
      #134418 - 01/02/05 04:05 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm getting 2 of them out tommorrow morning, and I've never had ANYTHING done to my teeth - no braces, no cavities, etc...so I'm really nervous. I've always had awesome teeth, really lucky, so the thought of having a swollen jaw and cotton in my mouth is freaking me out.

Anyways, I won't be too coherant for the next couple days, so I probably won't be on the boards! Anyone want to come watch the puppies for me?? Emeril is a terror! Rocco is seriously the best puppy in the world, he never ruined anything....Emeril has already ruined a dresser and a couch. Rocco gets nuetered next week!! Poor guy - and I'm worried about my teeth............

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wisdom teeth.... new
      #134420 - 01/02/05 04:10 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

If it's any consolation at all, I've had a TON of dental work done - just about everything you can think of, except braces - and having teeth pulled has been the EASIEST experience out of all of it. No lie! It's over with very quickly, it heals pretty quickly, and for 2 of my wisdom teeth, I actually didn't even need painkillers afterwards.

Good luck! I'll be thinkin' of ya.

And if I lived closer, I'd totally take on the pups.

OMG new
      #134421 - 01/02/05 04:23 PM
Cara4503

That really does make me feel better!! Here my husband is going, 'I HATED getting them out, it was really bad, etc etc'. I know, he doesn't really think before he speaks

I LOVE your new pic! You're gorgeous.

Thanks for making me feel better!

--------------------
~Cara~

Heh. new
      #134426 - 01/02/05 04:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Men. I don't know.

I don't know if you normally eat Tofutti "ice cream" or Rice Dream or anything like that, but now's the time to stock up. For the rest of the day, they usually recommend eating ice cream - the cold is soothing and helps with the bleeding. You might also have some tea bags on hand - soaking a tea bag in cold water and using it as a compress helps if it seems like it's bleeding for a long time.

Can you tell I've done this more than once? Haha.

And thank you.

#134427 - 01/02/05 04:33 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Cara,

I'm sure you will do fine getting your wisdom teeth out. Just follow the doc's orders and you will be back to normal in no time. Remember not to drink with a straw...I'm sure they will tell you that.....because it can cause dry socket.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

#134449 - 01/02/05 05:56 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I got my wisdom teeth out when I was 16.. so it was awhile ago.. but I did get all four out.

All I remember is them putting a gas mask on me and then waking up hours later at home on my couch. I have no clue how I got there. It really wasn't so bad though.. I took all the meds but it was also fun sitting on the couch all day eating fudgesicles.

good luck!

--------------------

#134456 - 01/02/05 06:18 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Cara,

Sorry one of those pups is a holy terror! Get him one of those Kong toys that you can stuff a treat in. It will keep him busy for awhile!

Wishing you well tomorrow as you get your wisdom teeth out. I had 2 pulled and went back to teaching school the very next day. It's not bad! The only thing I didn't like is it left a hole in my mouth that food would get trapped in!!!!

You'll do just fine.

Thanks everyone! new
      #134476 - 01/02/05 07:17 PM
Cara4503

Thanks for all the advice. I don't know anything about it yet! Hopefully they'll tell me everything tommorrow!
I made chocolate pudding and jello, and I have applesauce and soy yogurt...so I should be good! Although I practically ate all the pudding after dinner - LOL. And I was supposed to have a 'light dinner'!! They didn't say anything about dessert though.....:P

Hey Ashley! Did you know they already have Valentines Day candy in the grocery stores?? LOL. I already bought and ate a bag of conversation hearts! I love those things.
That is my resolution this year - less sugar....after tommorrow's surgery of course.......

Thanks everyone, I am still nervous, but I feel better. Mainly it's my husband making me nervous! He keeps saying things like, 'I can't wait to take tons of pictures of you drooling and with a fat face'. (He's real sensitive - LOL)

Talk to you all in a couple days.....

--------------------
~Cara~

#134478 - 01/02/05 07:18 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey good luck cara!! you'll be fine!!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#134482 - 01/02/05 07:23 PM

Unregistered

Aww - Best of luck to you!! I haven't had to have mine out yet (knock on wood), but my older brother just got his out in October and he wasn't out of it too bad. I'm sure you'll do great!

Let us know how it goes!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 7943

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review