All Boards >> The Living Room

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Re: Cara, How'd you make out today??? new
      #134841 - 01/04/05 06:41 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I was born without wisdom teeth too, luckily! I had to have almost all of my baby teeth pulled though since they would refuse to come out, and my mouth was too small for my teeth so I had 4 adult teeth and a baby tooth pulled to get braces (for 3 years).

Hope you're feeling better, Cara!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: CARA new
      #134851 - 01/04/05 07:18 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Hey Sweeite, how are you feeling now? Did they call in a script for the Amoxicillen? It still may give you a little D but shouldn't be to bad! Brush what teeth you can but don't worry too much about the sore areas. The rinsing with salt water will help keep it clean, although I have a hard time doing that because of the taste! Maybe ask your dentist about some mouthwash?

Your probably dizzy from the drugs they gave you yesterday. What is the name of the pain pill you are on? Be sure to drink as much fluid as possible and DO NOT use a straw!! No sucking, it can cause a dry socket and you do not want that! Stay laying down as much as possible. Your bloodpressure can drop from the drugs and that can cause dizziness. Take as many pain pills as you need but they can casue C, but that might help balance the D from the anti-biotic! Give me a call if you feel up to talking. I didn't want to wake you if you were sleeping. Hang in there honey, the majority of the pain should subside within 48 hours or so.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Once again... I'm a little late! new
      #134855 - 01/04/05 07:37 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Oh Cara! Poor honey! You sound so miserable. The next day is always the worst day.

Don't worry about brushing back where the incisions are, just brush everything else. And definately do the salt water rinses, but please make sure you don't do any kind of sucking motion. Michele is right about the dry socket. Just very gently swoosh the water around in your mouth and let it all fall out, don't even spit.

I'm guessing that the stitches they used are ones that dissolve on their own. As long as you're not bleeding a ton on the one side where you think you lost the stitch, it might be ok, but they might still want to take a look at you... better to be safe than sorry.

I know you're worried about having IBS problems with the meds that they give you, but I think the possibility of getting an infection or being in a lot of pain out weighs the IBS symptoms. You can eventually get your IBS under control, whereas the other problems could be much more serious. Hopefully they can give you something that won't aggravate your tummy more.

Good luck with everything sweetie! I'll be thinking about you! And I'll be anxious for a happier report from you.

*hugs*

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Cara, hope you're feeling better! ---nt--- new
      #134980 - 01/04/05 01:55 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1234 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8006

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review