All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Update! And urgent help needed if anyone is online in the next hour or so! new
      #134813 - 01/04/05 04:53 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Well the procedure went well - yes, they were both impacted, so it was a pretty invasive surgery, I was put out...but conscious - like when you get a colonoscopy.
I came home and ate a tiny bit and took a pain med. I told them to give me nothing with caffiene, so it's a pain medication that I believe is just a really strong tylenol.

She asked me about antibiotics and I told her that I think all of them will bother my stomach. I haven't been on an antibiotic since my IBS has started really acting up.

Now I'm worried about infection! So the doctor is supposed to call me this morning, and I'm wondering if any of you know an antibiotic that wouldn't upset my stomach??? Or that would maybe just upset it a LITTLE bit??

Last night was when it got pretty bad...I got up for about 10 minutes and turned really white, felt like I was going to faint and throw up. I feel a little better this morning, but VERY sore. I'm also afraid the stiches came out on the right side because I can see the big hole! And on the left side I can still see the stitches, so I'm really worried about it! I do NOT want to have to go in and get another shot and everything!

It is both of my bottom wisdom teeth - I was born w/o an upper one, and the other upper one should never cause a problem.

Well anyways - please, please - if someone knows an antibiotic I can take for 5 days that would be safe, let me know asap!! I'm going back on the pain pills right now (I didn't take any overnight because I was so nausous), so I will be pretty dizzy and out of it again soon.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Antibiotic new
      #134819 - 01/04/05 05:10 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

The only antibiotic I can tolerate is amoxocylin (sp) others give me bad D. If you can wait another hour, I can get the exact dose that is safe for me. I wrote it down years ago for just this situation. I had to have a tooth removed and I told the dentist I couldn't handle antiobiotics because they caused bad D. So I wrote down the name and the dose that finally I could handle with no problem for future use.

Sorry, but it's in my desk at work and I won't get there until 8 or so Illinois time. Can you wait that long?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Antibiotic new
      #134821 - 01/04/05 05:12 AM
Cara4503

THANK YOU! Yes I can wait - they said they would call me this morning, I'm assuming they'll call around 8...if they call before you have a chance to look it up, I will just ask if I can call back in a few minutes! I really appreciate it.

I don't know what I'd do w/o these boards! Everyone is so helpful and replies so quickly, I just love you all!

Thank you so much, I'll check back on the boards in about an hour!!

--------------------
~Cara~

Augie - BTW... new
      #134823 - 01/04/05 05:14 AM
Cara4503

Where in IL are you from?

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Update! And urgent help needed if anyone is online in the next hour or so! new
      #134824 - 01/04/05 05:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Cara,
I just remembered I definitely did not go on an antibiotic when I got mine out. I got three out, two upper and one lower

--------------------
S.

Re: Update! And urgent help needed if anyone is online in the next hour or so! new
      #134827 - 01/04/05 05:19 AM
Cara4503

And you didn't get an infection?? Did you brush the next day?? I am scared to brush!!

Yesterday some water got on the wound I it hurt so badly I was literally screaming and in tears - I don't remember the last time I cried from pain - and my husband dropped the cap of his truck on my toes a couple weeks ago! (He would yell at me and say that I dropped it, but we all know it was his fault...)

--------------------
~Cara~

Re: Antibiotic new
      #134828 - 01/04/05 05:23 AM
Augie

It's no problem, really. I will get back to you as soon as I get to work. It has the name and dosage amount and as I said, it didn't cause me any problems at all! Took it after a tooth was pulled, begged the dentist not to give me anything, but he scared me into taking something as infection, especially for inpacted teeth is high risk. Now I better go get dressed or I'll be late!

I'll talk to you in about 45 minutes!

--------------------
~ Beth

#134833 - 01/04/05 06:03 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I don't remember brushing. I had to rinse my mouth with medicated mouthwash a few times a day and I had to gargle salt and water on it to stop infection. I had solpadol painkillers, I think they are codeine based.

I remember the pain, and the wound feeling like there was sticky toffee stuck in my back teeth. at least one of mine was impacted too and it was a mess.

I think you are right to go ahead with the antibs if your surgeon recommended it, they often know what they are talking about!

Take care.

--------------------
S.

Re: Antibiotic answer new
      #134835 - 01/04/05 06:12 AM
Augie

Okay, the note I wrote says Amoxicillin 500mg. Hope that helps.

BTW, I'm from Southwest Suburbs of Illinois. My roomate in college lives in Peoria, but grew up in Bartonville, I think that's what it's called.

GL with the teeth and the antibiotic. It stinks that they were impacted! That's rougher. Mine weren't Thank the Lord because I had all 4 done at once.

--------------------
~ Beth

Re: Antibiotic answer
      #134836 - 01/04/05 06:16 AM
Cara4503

Which suburb if you don't mind me asking??
I grew up in Wheaton! But I also lived in Naperville and Lisle with my husband. I love that area, and I miss it! We've been in Peoria about a year and a half now - I thought I would hate it here, but now I really love it and don't think I'll ever move back to the burbs! My parents are still in Wheaton, so I'm there a lot!

Thanks so much for the advice! They haven't called yet, so it's good timing. I keep having to retype everything, I'm so dizzy!

--------------------
~Cara~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2656 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8001

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review