All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help PLEASE!
      #133450 - 12/28/04 06:57 PM
gregorymom

Reged: 12/27/04

I guess this is supposed to be a social posting place but I'm so sick right now I can't take it. I'm hoping one of you will be able to help me. I've had IBS for years. Normally, I've been able to control it w/ diet. We completely remodeled our kitchen before Christmas. It's done now, but needless to say getting that done while trying to have the perfect Christmas for 3 kids & a hubby has taken it's toll on my gut! I can not leave the house because of MAJOR NOXIOUS gas & d. I was up all night last night sick. I've eaten only pretzels & rice today hoping to calm it down---- I'm still sick----- any ideas??????????

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help PLEASE! new
      #133456 - 12/28/04 07:45 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

OOOh, if you're having constant D (esp if it is noxious) yu need to give your guts a rest for a while. That means a clear liquid diet, until the D stops. Are you on any meds, like loperimide (Imodium)? It can really help with the D and keeping you stable.

Good luck to you! And thanks for posting!!

~nelly~

Re: Help PLEASE! new
      #133467 - 12/28/04 09:22 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi Mom! So sorry to hear how sick you are feeling, are you taking imodium? What about an anti-spasmodic, like Levsin/Hyoscyamine, there are others out there by script or otc. The otc's do not help me, everything I eat gives me gas and cramps. I do take the Levsin every day, it stops the gas and cramping.

I hope someone else comes in and gives you some advice. Maybe you will get better soon, OH, some people here find relief with the cramping by taking Peppermint capsules. You can order them on this site, or if you need them right away, send someone to the HFS, they have them there.

Hope you get better soon, I know you are feeling very sick, I have felt the same. Have you tried a heating pad? That might help too.

See my reply to your post on the Eating for IBS board! -nt- new
      #133526 - 12/29/04 08:22 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

--------------------
- Jennifer

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1490 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 456

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review