All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
When it rains, it...
      #132781 - 12/23/04 09:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Excuse my whining, I'm having a bummer of a night/day.

We're having quite a storm here; the wind has been howling and the rain has been pelting for hours now.

I went downstairs to heat up my tea, half-asleep. I kept hearing watery noises, but assumed they were outside. Suddenly it clicked in my head that no, that wasn't outside... I went in the bathroom, and you can imagine my horror at seeing a hole in the ceiling, and plaster and water all over the floor.

This is the leak that our shiny new roof that we (of course) paid thousands of dollars for supposedly fixed. Merry Christmas. Argh.

I could just cry. Instead I grabbed my biggest stockpots, and put them under the leaks (there's actually 2), and mopped up the floor, and Adam can deal with the rest of it when he gets home. Just yesterday I was doing some mental calculating and general reflecting, and thinking that we'd be kind of caught up on things sometime soon. I should have known better than to even THINK that kind of optimism.

Topping it off, I'll be spending today up at Adam's mom's house - yeah, the woman I got out of spending Thanksgiving with - unfortunately, that was only putting off the inevitable. We're leaving at 10am and we'll be back sometime late tonight... in between, I'll be choking on smoke and suffering through a headache from the noise.

Blah!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: When it rains, it... new
      #132783 - 12/23/04 09:51 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

awww casey...thats not fun my dear! hope you fix the leak and things go ok at your mans mother's house...hugs, dalia XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#132784 - 12/23/04 09:52 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Aw Casey,

Sorry to hear that you're having such a rough time I hope things start looking up for you real soon and that you have a great Holiday Season!

Kelly

#132787 - 12/23/04 10:02 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well darn it anyway.... you need to tell Santa to get the raindeer to stop landing and dancing on the rooftop so hard.... it makes holes!!

Sorry your having a tough time sweetie.... I'm thinking of ya.... it will all work out.

**hugs**

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Be sure to bring some anti-venom. new
      #132790 - 12/23/04 10:55 PM
RDumas

Reged: 12/19/04
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

Hey, sorry you have to be stuck with some bummer family.

This Christmas evening, I'll be away from the house to avoid a nasty confrontation w. my toxic brother.

I hope that you can find a "good place" to go to while being with people you rather not be with...believe me I know that song.

Keep your chin up and don't let the turkeys get you down. Eat them for Thanksgiving (or breakfast on the 26th, if you know what I mean).

Dumas.

#132792 - 12/23/04 11:01 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh my gosh, Casey. That's just awful! I hope you get things worked out quickly. Darn't! Why does this stuff have to happen?
Terri

#132823 - 12/24/04 06:33 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Now that just plain SUCKS!

Will they be able to come repair the roof soon? I hope so. It should be under contract and not cost you guys a single penny.

Try to have a great Christmas.

Big hugs to you.

Oooooh Nooooo!!!!! new
      #132841 - 12/24/04 07:56 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Awe Casey! I know how much you were dreading going to Adam's moms house and now this. Your poor tummy (and bum I'm sure)!

Wasn't it Adam's father that did the roof?? Well, regardless, it should be under warranty so you shouldn't have to pay another dime to get this leak fixed!

Crap like this can happen when the wind and rain howl like last night. Thank heaven it wasn't anywhere else, like your bedroom for instance.

I know you're already gone, but I hope you can still enjoy the night tonight, regardless of your surroundings. Just take a deap breath and try to relax.

Love ya Casey!!! Merry Christmas sweetie!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#132842 - 12/24/04 08:23 AM

Unregistered

Aww Casey I'm sorry to hear about the leak - what a pain! I hope you won't have to pay for the roof to be repaired.

Good luck at Adam's mom's house and I hope you can still have a Merry Christmas! Hugs!

#132843 - 12/24/04 08:24 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

a) roof should be under warranty and you can hold them accountable for any interior damage too due to a faulty NEW roof... b) good luck getting thorugh todya we're going somewhere with friends I doubt I'll be able to eat a thing, packing luna bar in case and figure I'll enjoy the company no matter what!

Dinner with other friends is Sushi- much better

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 218 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2183

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review