All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Student Loans...so this student groans.
      #132393 - 12/22/04 11:49 AM
RDumas

Reged: 12/19/04
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

Geez, gotta deal with a mess with college that regards finanical aid.

First, my goal is to study Urban Geography (w. a minor in the classics or "Latin"). Simple, enough. Yet, the depression and IBS (especially the latter) has been a real obstacle for about four or five years, now. -can't be farting in class!!!

The point is that I'm on a "probation of sorts" due to having to drop courses for these health reasons and it effects my funding. Gotta clear up the mess. And, to complicate matters I'll be transferring to another college due to better course offerings and scheduling offers.

Hey, I'm one of those types who doesn't give a rat's *ss about "what's on my record," so I just want this situation to have been taken care of YESTERDAY! Ugh. If it delays my entrance to the local University, so be it.

I just want to get on with it, get the darn funding (much of which will be used to set up the psychiatric wellness group I'll be monitoring) and really hit the books. -hyper minds need to be attended to...

I guess this isn't really a complaint, but seeing that I take care of aging parents (which like BEING a parent can be a full-time job) I need to secure my financial future (disability won't cut it) to help them as their need for me is increasing...

-just a little bit of the stuff that occupies space in the ol' noggin' all the time. Thanks for reading this.

Dumas.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Student Loans...so this student groans. new
      #132398 - 12/22/04 11:57 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I remember my roommate in university being so worried wether her loan would come through. My brother just finished his Ph.D. and he couldn't have done without grants and loans. Just remember that for every graduate out there, there's a loan. We're still paying off my Husband's loan and that was 10 years ago! I was lucky enough to pay mine off right away.
The hassle for loans is truly a nightmare and I understand where you're coming from. They give you such the runaround that you wonder whether it's worth it all in the end. Just stick to it and get it done. It sucks, but that's student life for ya.
It must be really hard looking after your parents as well as going to school. With depression and IBS, I can only imagine your struggle. I had both in university, but the depression was undiagnosed at that time. Good for you for starting up a support group!

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Student Loans...so this student groans. new
      #132407 - 12/22/04 12:06 PM
RDumas

Reged: 12/19/04
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

Thank you. I'm looking forward to "giving some of the support back" that was given to me.

Tried to study Criminal Justice Administration to specialize in Parole/Probation, but it wasn't in the cards due to my mental health history -which is really quite a "boring" case. Yet, most people wouldn't hire a psych. patient no matter what the history is...it's still a stigma to be a mental health patient. -even here is so-called progressive Los Angeles.

So, there is this outlet for the "social worker" inside of me. The group will probably start in March. Helping people with paperwork and such...as I am not trained or schooled to do therapy. Yet, sometimes all that's needed is help filling out a form...for bus passes (and other social services), continuing education, a gift from a catalog, etc.

-very excited about it.

Dumas.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2759 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 301

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review