All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
My job Stinks
      #132306 - 12/22/04 07:17 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

I normally do not complain about anything. I think you guys know that much about me. So, you know I must be really ticked off to vent like this.

I have completely had it with my job. I have been here four years and have not gotten a promotion. They promoted my boss (which took a year to do) and now he will be giving me his old responsibilities. When I asked what would happen with my promotion they said "We'll do our best but we cannot make any promises." They also give me the "we appreciate everything you do, blah, blah, blah) speech. Like I wanted to hear that. I know i need to find a new job in the new year. Its a shame because I like my company but I can't keep getting jerked around like this, taking on more responsility yet having the same title and salary as the people in my unit who have only been in my dept at most 6 months. That is just unacceptable to me.

To boot, I need advice yesterday on something from one of the managers and he was rude to me and blew me offf. I didn't have time to tell him off yesterday but I plan to tell him today how I feel. This is a guy who when he asks me for something (mind you, he is not in my unit)I happily oblige. SO, I expect the same when I go to him for advice on something. I am waiting to cool my heels before I talk to him because he has an abrasive personality and in the mood I am in right now, he could set me off pretty easily. So, I'll wait.

Anyway, I am done venting. I feel much better now. Its Christmas and I will be withmy friends and family soon enough. I know things will work out but sometimes you have to go through some bad stuff to get to your goals. Thanks for listening!

Happy Holidays to all!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: My job Stinks new
      #132307 - 12/22/04 07:21 AM

Unregistered

I don't have much advice for you Tommy as I have not quite experienced that realm of life yet, but I think you're right to look for a new job because no one deserves to be treated like that and I'm sure they'll kick themselves for running you out once you're gone.

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a Christmas with your friends and family!

#132321 - 12/22/04 08:44 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you deserve better- stick to your guns.. I've been there.. and made the stupid decision when they found out I was leaving to take an offer to stay (the promotion I should have had 2 years earlier) not only was that the last promotion I saw, but they proceeded to screw me and my entire dept out of jobs a few years later moving them out of state and not transfering us, with low severence packages...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#132324 - 12/22/04 08:51 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

It's all about respect... and when most of us spend more time at work then we do with our family that is VERY important.... but you already know that. Good luck with your chat... let us know what happens. And if you do end up looking for a new job in the new year...we are all here to support ya!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Booooo hisssssss new
      #132326 - 12/22/04 08:53 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

That stinks, Tommy. Time to very secretively start looking for a new job. Good luck, and don't let this cloud your Christmas.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#132328 - 12/22/04 09:04 AM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Thanks for the support ladies... Don't worry good ole Tommyboy won't let this cloud my Christmas. It's not worth it. I haven't talked with that manager yet as I have been busy with other things... I will keep you up to date with the result of it though...

--------------------

Re: Booooo hisssssss new
      #132340 - 12/22/04 09:59 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yep, it sounds like its definetly time to start looking for a new job! I'm sorry they are treating you so poorly, you think that companies would realize it when they have a good employee!

Well, try to let it settle for a couple of weeks and enjoy the holidays! Deal with it after the first!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#132371 - 12/22/04 10:59 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I hear ya! I don't like mine either. Start looking and hopefully you'll find a great one out there.

Take it from a guy who has to "watch his tongue" new
      #132387 - 12/22/04 11:33 AM
RDumas

Reged: 12/19/04
Loc: West San Fernando Valley

-just keep a cool head and wait till after the holidays.

Perhaps there IS something better in store for you with this company. My only suggestion is to take a little time and think through the situation. Don't say or do something you might regret... As a person who is usually given "extra responsibilities," I've found that it is usually a compliment in that they trust your abilities. And, although the appreciation is not always expressed at the right place and right time...it's there.

To tie it into a package for Xmas, "take some time off from the situation" and enjoy the season. The issue will still be there but perhaps you will have a new perspective to bring to it.

Bob "Dumas" Mogill

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review