All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Kenna's sick again
      #131732 - 12/20/04 05:26 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Coughing and stuffed up and back to the doctors!! Anyone else seeing a pattern here?? I am so sick of this!! There has to be soemthing they can do!! No kid should be sick every month!!! This is nuts!!! At least there is no fever this time YET!! We are going to have to drive richs Clunker to the docs because the van is in the shop!!! UGGGG This was supposed to be a nice relaxing day for us all!! I have to call the doc's at nine it is 8:25 right now! I will let you know what happens! Just needed to vent!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kenna's sick again new
      #131734 - 12/20/04 05:28 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh no! How awful! I'm sorry to hear of this, Heather. Dangn't! It just doesn't seem fair at all. Poor little thing. Take care, honey, I know it's so hard when our children our sick.
Terri

#131738 - 12/20/04 05:34 AM

Unregistered

Boooo! She's sick again?? Poor Kenna she needs a break - as I'm sure you all do too. At least though if it's just a cold she could get much better before Christmas. She hasn't had her tonsils out yet has she? I remember when my one brother was younger he was getting sick all the time and the doctor said that wouldn't happen so much if he had them out. I don't know how valid that is, but just thought I'd ask - though that's a pretty tough ordeal too.

Well I hope you all find some serenity soon and that she gets better really quick! HUGS!!

#131746 - 12/20/04 05:51 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Poor thing...Give her big hugs.She's gotta be tired of seeing that stinkin doctor!
Hey have they considered it some sort of asthma? My 6 year old had pneumonia in August then had a bad bout of coughing in October. They gave him inhalers and said it may be asthma. He just started couging again yeterday. I feel the same way you do. It never ends. I do, however, have the inhalers to use in case it gets to be a bad flare up again.
Good luck to you and Kenna at the doctors. Let us know.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#131750 - 12/20/04 05:55 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Poor little thing... and poor you!! I agree - all of you need a break from this!! Good luck at the doc's, hope all goes well and she's feeling better REALLY soon!

Thanks and more venting new
      #131759 - 12/20/04 06:16 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Well Rich does not want me to take her to the doc's yet! He said it is just a cold and to give otc meds! He said unless she gets a fever or it doen't get better by wednesday We should just wait and see!! I hate this!!I never know when to take her to the doc's and when not to ! I didn't take her once thinking it was just a cold and she a double ear infection and a upper respitory infection! Ever since then I am parinoid! Thanks for all the thoughts and love!! I will do a grandparent update later! I have another one sick now!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Thanks and more venting new
      #131761 - 12/20/04 06:32 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Heather,
I understand just what you mean. My two older children were sick all the time as kids. I never knew when to take them to the doc, either and had the same thing happen as you. They'd have ear infections when I didn't suspect it, and they wouldn't have, when i thought sure they would!

I'm using the Zicam for adults right now and it really seems to be helping my cold. I noticed on the box that they have some for children now, too. It's swabs that you just rub inside the end of their little noses, so there's nothing yucky to swallow. I'm using the adult swabs right now, and I love it. I still have symptoms, but nothing like the full fledged cold it would be if I weren't taking this stuff.
Maybe it can help Kenna??
Hope she's better soon!
Terri

Re: I second the allergies and asthma new
      #131770 - 12/20/04 07:51 AM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

My boyfriend has severe asthma and allergies at times. It's like it comes in cycles. He does get fevers from his allergies and asthma, something I didn't know was possible. He also throws up and has severe coughing spells. I was so scared when it happened this spring! He was sick for 3 solid weeks with the fever and throwing up and everything else. We finally did go to the doc and he said it was a severe flare up. He's had it since he was very small.
Oh yeah..did I mention we will give birth to the boy in the bubble?

--------------------

#131773 - 12/20/04 07:56 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yuck, that kid is always sick! Poor thing! I hope she gets better soon, that doesn't seem fair for such alittle girl to be sick all of the time, and right before christmas! She was sick before Halloween, too, right?
Sending huggs to Kenna (With a face mask on, I don't want to catch it! )

--------------------
-Sheri

#131786 - 12/20/04 08:14 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

So sorry Heather. I know she has been sick a lot lately and it must be very hard on you. Let us know what happens.

Hugs,
Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1583

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review