All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Kenna's sick again
      #131732 - 12/20/04 05:26 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Coughing and stuffed up and back to the doctors!! Anyone else seeing a pattern here?? I am so sick of this!! There has to be soemthing they can do!! No kid should be sick every month!!! This is nuts!!! At least there is no fever this time YET!! We are going to have to drive richs Clunker to the docs because the van is in the shop!!! UGGGG This was supposed to be a nice relaxing day for us all!! I have to call the doc's at nine it is 8:25 right now! I will let you know what happens! Just needed to vent!

--------------------
Heather7476

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Kenna's sick again new
      #131734 - 12/20/04 05:28 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh no! How awful! I'm sorry to hear of this, Heather. Dangn't! It just doesn't seem fair at all. Poor little thing. Take care, honey, I know it's so hard when our children our sick.
Terri

#131738 - 12/20/04 05:34 AM

Unregistered

Boooo! She's sick again?? Poor Kenna she needs a break - as I'm sure you all do too. At least though if it's just a cold she could get much better before Christmas. She hasn't had her tonsils out yet has she? I remember when my one brother was younger he was getting sick all the time and the doctor said that wouldn't happen so much if he had them out. I don't know how valid that is, but just thought I'd ask - though that's a pretty tough ordeal too.

Well I hope you all find some serenity soon and that she gets better really quick! HUGS!!

#131746 - 12/20/04 05:51 AM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Poor thing...Give her big hugs.She's gotta be tired of seeing that stinkin doctor!
Hey have they considered it some sort of asthma? My 6 year old had pneumonia in August then had a bad bout of coughing in October. They gave him inhalers and said it may be asthma. He just started couging again yeterday. I feel the same way you do. It never ends. I do, however, have the inhalers to use in case it gets to be a bad flare up again.
Good luck to you and Kenna at the doctors. Let us know.

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

#131750 - 12/20/04 05:55 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Poor little thing... and poor you!! I agree - all of you need a break from this!! Good luck at the doc's, hope all goes well and she's feeling better REALLY soon!

Thanks and more venting new
      #131759 - 12/20/04 06:16 AM
heather7476

Well Rich does not want me to take her to the doc's yet! He said it is just a cold and to give otc meds! He said unless she gets a fever or it doen't get better by wednesday We should just wait and see!! I hate this!!I never know when to take her to the doc's and when not to ! I didn't take her once thinking it was just a cold and she a double ear infection and a upper respitory infection! Ever since then I am parinoid! Thanks for all the thoughts and love!! I will do a grandparent update later! I have another one sick now!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Thanks and more venting new
      #131761 - 12/20/04 06:32 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Heather,
I understand just what you mean. My two older children were sick all the time as kids. I never knew when to take them to the doc, either and had the same thing happen as you. They'd have ear infections when I didn't suspect it, and they wouldn't have, when i thought sure they would!

I'm using the Zicam for adults right now and it really seems to be helping my cold. I noticed on the box that they have some for children now, too. It's swabs that you just rub inside the end of their little noses, so there's nothing yucky to swallow. I'm using the adult swabs right now, and I love it. I still have symptoms, but nothing like the full fledged cold it would be if I weren't taking this stuff.
Maybe it can help Kenna??
Hope she's better soon!
Terri

Re: I second the allergies and asthma new
      #131770 - 12/20/04 07:51 AM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

My boyfriend has severe asthma and allergies at times. It's like it comes in cycles. He does get fevers from his allergies and asthma, something I didn't know was possible. He also throws up and has severe coughing spells. I was so scared when it happened this spring! He was sick for 3 solid weeks with the fever and throwing up and everything else. We finally did go to the doc and he said it was a severe flare up. He's had it since he was very small.
Oh yeah..did I mention we will give birth to the boy in the bubble?

--------------------

#131773 - 12/20/04 07:56 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yuck, that kid is always sick! Poor thing! I hope she gets better soon, that doesn't seem fair for such alittle girl to be sick all of the time, and right before christmas! She was sick before Halloween, too, right?
Sending huggs to Kenna (With a face mask on, I don't want to catch it! )

--------------------
-Sheri

#131786 - 12/20/04 08:14 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

So sorry Heather. I know she has been sick a lot lately and it must be very hard on you. Let us know what happens.

Hugs,
Barbie

--------------------

Poor Princess Kenna new
      #131809 - 12/20/04 09:02 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Oh Heather, the poor little sweetheart.
Can I ask a personal question? Did Kenna have a difficult birth? My friend has her own princess who is 5 and is ALWAYS sick and she met someone who said that often if kids have difficult births they find it hard to build up immune systems. My friend is bringing her little princess to a homeopath to see what he can do for her, she gets colds, tummy bugs, chest infections and kidney infections. She missed 13 days school since Hallowe'en.

I think that too many antibiotics are a bad thing and that her little body probably needs a rest from them.

Hugs,

--------------------
S.

#131813 - 12/20/04 09:08 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

So sorry Heather! Poor Keena!! There is some crude going around right now, I'm just getting over it myself! I hope she feels better soon! Hugs!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#131868 - 12/20/04 12:08 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh nooooo poor baby and poor you heather! have they done a blood test to see if she has any deficiencies that may be making her more prone to picking stuff up? does she take a multivitamin? just a thought....

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#131877 - 12/20/04 12:16 PM
torbetta

Reged: 01/24/03
Loc: New York

Quote:

No kid should be sick every month!!! This is nuts!!!

I know what you mean. Madeline has been sick so much since school started, She has been sick 2 or 3 times in the last 8 weeks and it's so hard for her to stay away from her baby sister. I wish I had homeschooled her again this year.

#131902 - 12/20/04 01:35 PM
Angela E.

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Michigan

If it's any consolation my son is stuffed up and coughing again too! He's been that way on and off since August! The doctor told me daycare kids are like that!. I am taking him tomorrow for his second dose of the flu shot. Now they have more. I think I might have them check his ears too just in case!!!! LOL

Sending hugs to Kenna....hope u get better soon sweetie n/t new
      #131905 - 12/20/04 01:41 PM
Natalie1985

Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Update and thanks new
      #131924 - 12/20/04 03:02 PM
heather7476

Well the OTC meds are working wonders so I think it is just a cold this time!!! Plus she is still playing and goofing off so MAybe things will be ok!! She does take a multi vitamen I think it is all the visiting we have bben doing!1 To many people sick around us!! Thanks for your well wishes and thoughts!!! Hopefully this won't get any worse only better!!!
Big hugs

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Update and thanks new
      #131928 - 12/20/04 03:22 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

glad to hear it Heather, hope it stays that way

--------------------
S.

#132017 - 12/20/04 11:10 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

Mother's know best!!! If you think she is sick, always take them to the doctor when they are very young!!! Men try to be too tough!!

#132170 - 12/21/04 01:55 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

that visiting thing.. thats why so many people get sick ove the holidays.. and is why we fgot pertussis last year from a mid Dec visit to my mom whow as sicka dn didn't know it!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: How's Kenna? new
      #132207 - 12/21/04 05:37 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Thanks to the wonderful time difference I'm always the last to post (or is it the first-lol). I hope Kenna's feeling better. I know how you feel about the whole doctor thing. I might as well move into my doctors surgery. Save me the almost daily drive. I'm sure you'll know if it's time to take her to the doctor and as far as not knowing when to most of the time it's hard to tell with little ones. They scream the same for middle ear infections and a stubbed toe! Hope all the sick people you know are feeling a bit better (and you're not getting too stressed! Don't need you sick too). See you around the boards and let us know how they're all doing.

--------------------
Amy

#132251 - 12/21/04 09:11 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

It is tough to stay away from other people especially during the holidays--hope your little one feels better real soon--wishing you a healthy and happy holiday-- you are sucha good mom!!!
carol

Hi Heather new
      #132265 - 12/22/04 12:55 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there,
I know I am a little late as all seems to be a bit better now, but I just wanted to send some hugs your way as it seems like you (and your little girl) have been through so much recently!!
Hope the rest of your holiday season goes alright and you and your daughter can feel fine and enjoy everything!!
Talk to you soon, I hope!!
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1485 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1584

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review