All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Ankle Pain
      #131700 - 12/19/04 10:01 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Ok this is very random but I'm posting anyway. I was in Paris in early July, and I hurt my ankle. I was walking up the stairs coming out of the metro, and I dropped my umbrella. I turned quickly to pick it up. I slipped on the metal edging of the cement stair, and fell. As my foot slipped off the stair, the sticky-out part of my ankle bone, on the outside, smacked the edge of the stair really hard. I saw stars, and it hurt so bad I couldn't even scream or cry (and I am a huge cry baby). After a couple minutes I got up and found that putting weight on it didn't make it hurt anymore than not putting weight on it. I walked, slowly and carefully, on it for the rest of the afternoon. It hurt like heck but resting it didn't make it feel any better, and we were only in Paris for the weekend, so I toughed it out. I woke up the next morning with so much pain that I was afraid to look at my ankle. But there was no bruising and no swelling. Now, almost 6 months later, it still hurts -- not constantly, but pretty frequently. I pretty much have pain in it about once a day, for a few minutes, and it will really hurt a lot. The rest of the time I don't notice it. This happens when I'm walking or when I'm studying. I don't mind so much when it hurts because at least it reminds me of Paris! I would like to know what is going on though. Six months seems like a long time for it to still be hurting.
I have a friend who is a ski coach and she told me that when you bruise the bone, there are not enough blood vessels right there for it to get black and blue. That sounded weird to me so I just thought I'd see if any of you knew anything. I don't think I broke it, but I did hit it pretty darn hard so I guess it is possible that I could have a small fracture or a chip or someting. Anybody have any experience with any of this?
Thanks,
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Ankle Pain new
      #131702 - 12/19/04 10:05 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

Hi Amanda, I don't have any experience with this, but I am sorry to hear you are in pain. Do you think maybe you should get it checked out by a doctor? Hope it gets better soon!

#131718 - 12/20/04 02:43 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

she's right- bone bruises dont' discolor, BUT if you're still in pain this much later- see doctor you could have done worse then bruised it...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#131736 - 12/20/04 05:30 AM

Unregistered

Sorry but I don't have any advice about it either. I would just say that since it still hurts this much after the incident, maybe you should go see a doctor.

I'm sorry to hear that you're in so much pain with it - but it's good to remember Paris I was there then too, maybe we crossed paths.

Thanks guys .... new
      #131766 - 12/20/04 07:27 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

I was hoping someone would say that it was nothing and I should forget about it, but I guess that's pretty irresponsible. If it keeps hurting I'll go get it checked out.

Amanda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#131849 - 12/20/04 11:16 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

I think an x-ray would be in order to be sure that there isn't a bone chip in there! after 6 months, it shouldn't be hurting still!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2029 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 755

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review