All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nervous wreck!
      #131680 - 12/19/04 09:07 PM
RnbwConnection78

Reged: 05/05/03
Loc: Bensalem, PA (right outside of Philadelphia)

My boyfriend is taking me away. He is not telling me where he is taking me, just that we are going away until Wednesday. I need to be ready to go at noon tomorrow. I know I should be really excited but I am scared to death. I am afraid I will get sick for the extent of it. I am just coming off of a bad flare up. I am really excited but scared at the same time. He is so sweet for doing this and I KNOW it's going to be great but wow... I am confused and I don't know what to pack or what there is to eat or anything. I was just hoping to rest a little bit before Christmas after finals week. It was crazy for me!

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Aww!! new
      #131687 - 12/19/04 09:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

How exciting! Sounds like it's going to be fun! Be sure to take any meds - imodium and the like - that help you get through an attack, just in case, and I know that when I travel, I take a LOT of snack food and quick breads, just in case safe food is hard to find. Good luck, have FUN, and be sure to let us know where he ended up taking you!

Re: Nervous wreck! new
      #131695 - 12/19/04 09:53 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

everything will be ok! Just think, since you are getting over a flareup, there is less of a chance (probability-wise) of getting an attack, if you are careful! just pack the teas, any of your meds, if you are a D (can't remember) take some Immodium AD, and the nonperishable foods and some fresh bread, and you will be fine!
Try to focus on the fun you'll have, trust me, you will make do with what is around wherever you wind up!
That is so sweet for your BF to do this, I hope you have fun!

--------------------
-Sheri

Re: Nervous wreck! new
      #131698 - 12/19/04 09:55 PM
Laura107

Reged: 12/19/04

you should tell your boyfriend your feelings and also ask him what type of clothes you should bring. you can also pack some IBS safe foods. you will have a lot of fun! just relax!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1382 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 486

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review