All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
It's beginning to look a lot like...
      #131093 - 12/16/04 02:32 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

WINTER!!

I wasn't going to bother posting a picture of the house all decorated for the holidays, because we don't have money to do much - just those lights around the entry, and candle lights in the windows. But darn it, I'm so excited that we have SNOW that I just can't help myself. Yay for a white Christmas!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh, that's beautiful! new
      #131098 - 12/16/04 02:36 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

They're predicting snow for here (the Carolinas) on Sunday. That's the day we light the candles along the roadways of our neighborhood. The neighborhood assocation always "rents" a horse-drawn carriage to carry the kids (and adults) up and down the hills through the subdivision. Now, wouldn't that be PERFECT if we had snow on that night?

Being from south Louisiana, I've never experienced a white Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: It's beginning to look a lot like... new
      #131100 - 12/16/04 02:38 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Great picture! I just love your new house! Don't worry, as time goes by, you'll accumulate more decorations! Most of mine have been bought AFTER christmas, when they are cheap! Although we have been in our 5 years and we haven't decorated the outside yet!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#131103 - 12/16/04 02:42 PM
thepurplelollie

Reged: 11/11/04
Loc: Wellington, New Zealand

Oh, that looks like a postcard! I LOVE snow... probably because it never happens here!

--------------------
*Emma*

#131107 - 12/16/04 02:46 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

ohhhhh pretty.. it hasn't snowed at all here in boston.. haha but I really don't mind.. Snow's nice until you have to shovel your car out or drive at 7am when its zero degrees out.

--------------------

#131108 - 12/16/04 02:46 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

**BIG SIGH**

How beautiful! I miss being there! I also miss the snow. We've been in the 40's all week and I don't think it's gonna leave us any time soon!

PS - Have I ever told you what a great photgrapher you'd make?

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Haha... new
      #131113 - 12/16/04 03:01 PM
atomic rose

I don't know... I'm sure the cold and snow will hit you soon, and then if you're anything like us, you'll spend the rest of the winter wishing it was warmer and less snowy.

I miss having you here!

Know what's funny? I had some prints made from some photos I've taken since I moved here... random things, like Stephen King's house and this really quaint church in Bar Harbor... and I was just looking at them and thinking, "Rachel's right! I would make a good photographer!" Hehe. We'll see if I ever do anything about that...

True that! new
      #131114 - 12/16/04 03:02 PM
atomic rose

I think I'd probably enjoy the snow a lot less if I had to get out at 7am and clean off a car. But I don't, so I'm free to enjoy - at least for now!

#131115 - 12/16/04 03:03 PM
atomic rose

No snow! I'd go crazy! Then again, if it's what I was used to, I don't suppose I'd know the difference, huh? Hehe.

Snow is nice the day it happens. By the next day, it's all brown and muddy-looking from the salt and sand they put on the roads, and then it's not so nice anymore... so I guess you're not missing a whole lot.

Thank you! new
      #131116 - 12/16/04 03:05 PM
atomic rose

I didn't realize it till you mentioned that, but this is actually the first time I've ever decorated a house outside - and this is my third time being a homeowner. Guess I've slacked a little!

And yeah, I'm sure I'll accumulate plenty in no time flat... after-Christmas sales rock!

Woohoo! new
      #131117 - 12/16/04 03:06 PM
atomic rose

Oh, that would be wonderful timing, if you got a bit of snow on Sunday - I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! Maybe it'll happen on Christmas, too, you never know.

Casey I think I like yours better than.... new
      #131118 - 12/16/04 03:07 PM

Unregistered

...mine

While it has been in the 30's at night here the last 2 nights, I can't say the 70's during the day do too much for that special Christmas feeling And I've only ever seen snow for the first time twice in last 2 years but never actually fall from the sky - I'm still waiting to get to build a snowman too I feel like I'm missing out on something. But anyhow white sand is about as close as I'll get to a white christmas.
But Casey your house just looks beautiful and ya know, I think your decorations are just enough and give the house a nice classic Christmas look. You better watch out though, I might be making snow angels in your front lawn next week Oooh by the way, I meant to tell you, you've inspired me to learn to knit and I'm 2 feet away from having myself a pretty green scarf. Just no where to go in it oh well!

Oh, I don't know.... new
      #131124 - 12/16/04 03:19 PM
atomic rose

I think a white sand beach probably has its appeal.

Really, though, I don't think I could imagine the holiday season somewhere where it isn't cold and snowy, at least in theory (I think this is actually my first "white" christmas). But by February I'll be wishing for turquoise water and sunshine, I'm sure!

Good luck making snow angels in my yard... it's been so cold here (2-3 degrees at night!) that all the snow is frozen hard as a rock. LOL!!

That totally rocks that you learned how to knit! Congratulations! I'm so glad I inspired you, too! Hey, 30s at night is cold enough to wear a scarf! Hehe. Isn't it fun? Wait till you learn to do some of the more advanced stuff... you'll be like me, and have a dozen projects going at all times because you love it so much.

#131126 - 12/16/04 03:22 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Oh Casey,

I love your house. It's so beautiful. It suits you, if that makes any sense?!

I think the white lights look very classy. You don't want to overdo it either.

Enjoy your snow. We've got LOTS here!

Re: Oh, I don't know.... new
      #131130 - 12/16/04 03:39 PM
Kimm

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

2-3 degrees?? It's been -20 here the past couple of nights with the wind!! What I wouldn't give for a white sand beach right now!! LOL

Very elegant Casey! great taste new
      #131131 - 12/16/04 03:41 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I am at some point going to walk a couple houses down and take a picture of my neighbors with the "Clark Griswold" house. I mean it is so decorated it makes a glow come through our blinds! I'll post it soon hopefully. The last time I tried to get a picture the lights were not on and I figured they must have gotten the electric bill!
And we here in MN have no snow btw. I can't thank God enough for that fact!!!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#131132 - 12/16/04 03:42 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Oh, how very pretty......

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Last winter... new
      #131136 - 12/16/04 04:00 PM
atomic rose

...we had a couple nights where it was -50 with the wind. I like winter, but I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of that this year!

#131137 - 12/16/04 04:00 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Casey, your house looks gorgeous! You don't need any more decorations, it's simple and elegant. I agree with you about loving a White Christmas. It's been snowing here on and off for weeks and I think it really makes it feel more like the holidays. Unfortunately, I never seem to feel that way anymore in February and March. Why do you think that is??

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

It makes sense new
      #131138 - 12/16/04 04:01 PM
atomic rose

I can't explain it either, but it definitely suits me. The second I walked into it, when we were looking at houses, I felt like I belonged here... kind of weird, hm?

Yeah, I bet you know all about snow right now.

Haha! I should do that too new
      #131139 - 12/16/04 04:03 PM
atomic rose

The Clark Griswold house, hehe. We have one of those, but thankfully it's around the corner and up the hill a bit - you can see the glow from Main St., which is bad enough, but we can't see it here. I should get pictures. Actually, Adam and I are going to drive around town on xmas eve and look at lights, so I probably will. LOL!

Thank you! -nt- new
      #131140 - 12/16/04 04:04 PM
atomic rose

LOL! new
      #131143 - 12/16/04 04:06 PM
atomic rose

Once upon a time, I used to love winter right up till it finally ended... I don't know what's different now, so I joke that I must be getting old or something. Really, I think it's because I keep moving further north, into places where winter lasts longer. I'm still ok in February. By April or May, I'm thinking, ok, NO MORE SNOW!

And thanks!

What I wouldn't give... new
      #131148 - 12/16/04 04:09 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

to be on a nice warm beach, soaking up the sun. We've been having highs in the 20s for the last few weeks. With the wind blowing, with gusts up to 50 mph, its absolutely freezing here. I'd love to spend some time at the beach to thaw myself out. A white Christmas isn't all its cracked up to be, especially when I have to shovel a mile long path between my house and barn.

Meg

#131150 - 12/16/04 04:11 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Casey, your house looks so pretty with the snow. We've (fortunately only had two little baby snow squals). I have to admit that I HATE snow. I love it at Christmas only and then it doesn't have to snow anymore! Maybe if I didn't have to go to work in it I'd have a completely different attitude but I'm a wreck driving in it despite having an SUV. I tell my husband I need a Hummer and maybe I'd feel safer about driving in the snow
I'm enjoying our December snow free, however, they are calling for some sort of a storm this Sunday night into Monday but guess what?????? I have the day off Monday so it can snow all it wants!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Lol... gotta love the Griswolds new
      #131151 - 12/16/04 04:12 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I love looking at houses that are all decked out like that, even if it is a little gaudy... but I definitely wouldn't want one right next door! There's one near my parents' house in Rochester that we drive by every year... although it's not quite that bad. It's actually very tastfully decorated! When I was younger I dubbed it the "Gingerbread House", and the name stuck! I can't wait to go see it when I get home for Christmas.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention, I should get a photo of my neighbor's decoration... I love it! They have a Christmas tree on it's side (all lit up and everything) in the front yard, with a wooden model of the Grinch standing behind it as if he's lugging it away. It's so priceless!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: What I wouldn't give... new
      #131159 - 12/16/04 04:22 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

I'm with ya Meg! That beach looks mighty fine to me right now. Ya know, as the saying goes, grass is not always greener on the other side, but darn it that sand looks awful inviting. I'm an anti-snow person too. However, I do feel bad for the people who have never experienced real snow. You have to do it at least once especially as a kid!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Re: It makes sense new
      #131167 - 12/16/04 04:46 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Good, I'm glad you get what I mean.

Lots of snow here. And I will definitely be tired of it by February!

Re: Last winter... new
      #131169 - 12/16/04 04:48 PM

Unregistered

That is just crazy! I couldn't imagine it being THAT cold! It is my personal theory (keep in mind I'm not so experienced in the winter department below like 20 degrees) but I feel like once you get to a certain point cold is just cold and you can't tell the difference between -2 or -50. LOL, like I said that's just my theory

Re: Last winter... new
      #131177 - 12/16/04 05:04 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

You should definately talk to my brother. He goes to school in upstate NY, along the Saint Lawrence river (about 20 minutes from the Canadian border) where the average temp in the winter is well below zero. Most of the time its actually too cold for it to snow! He'd be the first to tell you that you can definately feel the difference. Where he goes to school, they still where sandals when its 20 degress but once it gets down past -20 that would be risking frostbite.

Meg

Re: This is beautiful Casey, I love it !! nt new
      #131183 - 12/16/04 05:46 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

WOW, Casey, I absolutely love it! -nt- new
      #131188 - 12/16/04 06:06 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

--------------------

#131213 - 12/16/04 09:21 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Oh, Casey, your home is just beautiful. I love it and I love the snow and the decorations. It doesn't seem much like Christmas without snow, so I'm hoping we get some of that white stuff, too.

It's true! new
      #131221 - 12/16/04 10:03 PM
atomic rose

One of the days that it was so freaking cold, I had to go out somewhere... so I was outside in the wind and the cold, scraping ice off my windshield, and know what? It really wasn't that bad at all. Once it hits the single digits, I can't tell the difference if it gets any colder. I guess that's a good thing!

#131251 - 12/17/04 05:47 AM
tc2004

Reged: 05/26/04
Loc: Texas

Casey,
Your house is just beautiful.I love the snow also. It looks like Christmas time.
Enjoy the Holiday's

Terry

White Christmas new
      #131252 - 12/17/04 05:49 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Casey your house is so pretty and your lights very classy.

Weather wise its cold here but its about 6degrees Centigrade, put feels like -1) We never get white christmas, we get an odd bit of snow at the end of January alright but that is it.

Happy Christmas everyone!

--------------------
S.

WoW! new
      #131284 - 12/17/04 07:04 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I am jealou, kinda... no snow is good, but snow is soo much fun, too!

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2064 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4460

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review