All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Steph, I agree with Terri,... new
      #130881 - 12/15/04 10:40 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Your sister is definitely hurting and so stressed. I wish I could give her a big hug too! I will pray for her, the baby and the family. I dont know what advice I would give, I know you all love her and support her, thats the best thing you can do right now!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

another adoptive mom here... new
      #130903 - 12/16/04 03:26 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

do you know if she's plannign an open adoption? I don't know what the reasons for giving this baby up are, but I would hope she is comfortable with the adoptive parents, and has made the decision to make this life better for her child... and I assume she has a support system throught eh adoption agency- refer her to them gently for assistance.. if her circumstances that made her make the decision are still there, then she needs to think about them too, but I can't imagine it being easy. I know when we gave up on having kids of our own after multiple miscarriages it was actually a blessing to see people I loved with their babies instead of the pain... and even though Cassi was older she was (and is!) the greatest blessing and joy I ever got....

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: need some suggestions! new
      #130908 - 12/16/04 04:56 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Steph I wish I had spme advice ,but that is such a hard choice!!! I will keep you and yours in my prayers!!!!
BIG HUGS

--------------------
Heather7476

#130921 - 12/16/04 06:11 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

It really sounds like she wants to keep the baby. Is there any way you can be supportive or that? I don't know her circumstances but they must be pretty awful if she's giving up her baby. Can you call around and see about social assistance or anything for her??? If she's having the family come in and see that baby, It really sounds like to me that she wants to keep her. Can she talk to a counsellor or a pastor or something before she delivers? She needs t sort ut her feelings for this very difficult situation.
My prayers are with her. And you, sweetie. Just be there for her. That's what's most important.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#130949 - 12/16/04 07:33 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Steph, I don't know what to say that the others haven't said, but I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you and your sister---and praying that she makes the best decision for her and the baby. I cannot imagine what she's going through. It's got to be especially difficult with her hormones raging and the fact that two others in the family are pregnant too.

Would it help if she went to see a counselor---a third party who is not emotionally involved---that could listen to her and help her work through her feelings?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1427 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 793

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review