All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Whoa! new
      #130488 - 12/14/04 01:29 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Wow, Ashley! That sucks. I agree with Nelly, that is completely and utterly unprofessional. It sounds like this woman is very judgemental and anything you said to her wouldn't make a difference anyway. I say just let it go and keep on working just as hard as you have been. This prof obviously isn't worth fretting about... she's just a bitter woman.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: mul132 new
      #130502 - 12/14/04 02:08 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Ashley,

After reading the posts by Nelly and Kree, I want to say that I'm in no way advocating causing any trouble by confronting your professor. I think you should try talking to her one more time, but if you feel she's still being unreasonable, then let it go. I know that fighting can make your life miserable when the people you want to confront have control over your ability to accomplish your dreams. While saying I told you so can be gratifying, it can also burn bridges that you need to further your dreams. That's why, after being out of highschool for a year and a half, I still haven't gone back to say my "i told you so's". As long as you know you're right, don't worry about what others think unless it is having a negative impact on your schoolwork. Good luck, I hope you're able to work something out.

Meg

WHAT the? new
      #130511 - 12/14/04 03:05 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

What an idiot. I would seriously tell everyone what she said to you, go to her boss, someone higher than her.

You know why she's saying this?? Because you are attractive, and probably get a lot of attention in class, etc. She probably never got the attention you do, and she is jealous. Just a guess....I had a couple woman teachers like that, and they all thought I was an idiot until they gave me an exam. (BTW- I graduated top 10 in my class of engineers at Purdue, I got one B in college - and that was in Child Development because I didn't have the time for it!). She just pre-judged you, and you have to prove her wrong. You are not dumb, seriously - who would go to grad school that didn't actually care about education???

Go out and have a good time You were smart to not say anything to her.

--------------------
~Cara~

cara... new
      #130532 - 12/14/04 06:08 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

hehe.. way to be the smartest girl engineer ever!!

haha she def prejudged me. roar.. i'm trying to figure something out! thanks for the advice!

--------------------

Re: ok ok.. school is soooo not cool. new
      #130541 - 12/14/04 06:41 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi. What can I possibly say that hasn't already been said. Just ignore her. She's probably just jealous of the fact that you can be social and still get good grades. Hope you're feeling a little less stressed and angry.

--------------------
Amy

MUAH MUAH.. thanks for the responses.. this is what I did.. new
      #130563 - 12/14/04 08:37 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

I did end up emailing her. I really didn't want to, but I do have to work with this woman for the next 2.5 years of my life. I feel as though if I didn't say anything and ignored it, that would only reiterate to her that I don't care and that I don't try, when someone is basically laying out there that I'm an underachiever (which is quite hysterical b/c more often than not i've been called an overachiever) I had to address it. but whatever.. moving on.

It wasn't a mean letter, but I did address my concern, mostly with the fact that I was uncomfortable that she and the other prof. are discussing my unproductiveness without even addressing it with me first. that seems a little counterintuative. Yes- talk about me behind by back.. but later marvel about how and why I don't realize that my whole school thinks that I suck. blaaa. stupid people.

Anyways.. the letter was fine.. and it was proofread by our own AmandaPanda.. because I wanted to make sure that I was rational, and not just writing emotionally because I am too attached to the subject. ha me.

My mother thinks I should address this with the head of my program, but I'm not sure if I should. She thinks its incredibly unprofessional.. but we'll see how this email pans out. Perhaps she won't even answer it.. she never answered my last two emails requesting to use the WISC (an IQ test) over winter break.. so chances are she may ignore this one as well. (ha my dad called to say, Ashley, you're cute and you're blonde.. haha but he's biased)

Anyways.. enough B*tching.. tonight I will go to bed knowing that I now have a month and a week off from Tufts and the troll of a teacher that made me feel terrible.. and I can find some amusement in the fact that I splurged and went tanning today (naughty I know- but i'm sick of feeling so pale) and I found Paper Denim and Cloth ($150) jeans for ONLY 49 BUCKS AT TJMAXX--- in my size no less.

haha teacher.. i'm gonna be even cuter next semester all tan in my new pants!

--------------------

Living well is the best revenge!! Go fer it!! -nt- new
      #130627 - 12/15/04 06:35 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

~nelly~

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1200 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1123

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review