Pages: 1
2 DAYS TO GO!! : The party the parents and all the goodbyes
      #127776 - 12/05/04 09:56 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all!
3 DAYS TO GO!!

So we had the Leaving Party last night, and nobody showed up on time. I started to get really worried that we had all this food and everything and there were only the three of us! But then once people started coming, it was people didn't stop coming! It was packed! The food didn't really work out that well as we were all so smushed together that getting at food and serving food was really difficult. Both my lasagnas (which were huge!) went pretty fast, and some sausage rolls and lots of chips and bread and dip.. but I didn't bother to make a bunch of Nachos or this platter thingie I got 'cause it was just too much hassle and everyone said they weren't hungry. Oh, and I left Adrian in charge of potatoes and he cooked all of them! 2 bags! We had like.. 30 potatoes and about 5 got eaten!!
His parents, who went back and forth about 17 times about whether or not they were staying ended up staying.. They sat in the front room, with the door closed so we couldn't get in there - which was a real pain because that was one of the other two rooms (aside from the tiny kitchen) that we had to use! A bunch of people ended up having to stand outside, which was FREEZING so I felt really annoyed about that. I was wearing my coat most of the night.
Other than that, the party went really well. More people than we thought were coming, which was nice for Adrian. Lots of people gave us cards and stuff, and Adrian got a St. Christopher necklace as a gift from a friend he's had for years and years.
I will admit that I had tooooo much to drink, but my stomach held up really well so I think I just took advantage. I had a really nice time, managed to eat a bit of my own lasagna (after equalactin, immodium, lactaid..) and then stuck to bread and hummus and stuff.. oh, and maybe some mini-chocolate bars that found their way into the party...
I feel a bit worse for wear today, but have been able to just chill out and watch movies and do some cleaning/packing so it's been good - I even had a normal BM - thank goodness for Immodium!
This morning Adrian's best friend left, and that was sad as they've been close for ages. We are quite close as well, and it was rough but I really just sorta said bye as fast as I could without looking rude and then scurried off - I am not good in high emotion situations.
Now I gotta get packing!
Oh! For my UK girls... I CANNOT BELIEVE Tabby got kicked off X-factor (I recorded it last night and watched it today). I think G4 might win it. You'll have to let me know!
*hugs*
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 2 DAYS TO GO!! : The party the parents and all the goodbyes new
      #127782 - 12/05/04 10:44 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Hey steph,

Glad the party went well....I know...how the hell did tabby end up being voted off...it was such a shock...sinead and I are devastated...but he's gona do great regardless...hes already recorded a song with ozzy! I hope G4 win now...theres just something I dont like about steve....and dont worry we'll keep you posted on how next weeks grand finale ends up!

Glad your indulging didnt cause you too much pain...I felt a bit worse for wear the other day after indulging in some nuttella and a white chocolate covered coconut bar from the christmas german market thats here in leeds....sinead you wouldnt be able to resist...they have every fruit you can imagine...strawberries, bananas, grapes...on skewers covered in either white, milk or dark chocolate or a mixture of them all...I had a milk choc strawberry one then that coconut bar! Paid for it the next day but was more than worth it...thinking of getting a marzipan and chocolate thing and a peanut and milk choc bar to take home with me when I finish uni...yum!

Good luck with the packing...hey is it snowing in Canada at all yet?? Havent spoken to my family in toronto for a week or so...would love a white christmas here...never gona happen though!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: 2 DAYS TO GO!! : The party the parents and all the goodbyes new
      #127813 - 12/05/04 01:08 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Glad it went well Steph, was wondering about it earlier. Can imagine the hangover too, were you very late to bed? People NEVER turn up on time for a party, if you want them to be there at 8 you tell them 6.30. Bet you are eating lots of potato salad today with all the leftovers! I think you deserved a cheat lasagne given that you made it all.
What did you drink? I have found that I can drink vodka and 7up once it goes flat to no serious ill effects.

I had a LONG day shopping with Mum and sisters yesterday read all about it here

Am still in shock about Tabby and am boycotting the final as a result (and because we will be out next Saturday)

I have had a bit of a naughty food weekend thanks to chocolate fudge cake I bought for my sisters and ate most of myself.

Really tired now as had to go to an out of town electrical store to get some stuff Mam asked me to buy- I bought 2 DVDplayers and 2 portable TVs! One of my sisters and one of my brothers are getting them for Christmas and they are really cheap at the shop I went to, basically the 2 together cost the same as only buying the TV at home.

Sounds like you are getting to the sad part of the going home process now, but the inlaws are still getting in the way!

My sorta father in law phoned me today to tell me he had posted me a cheque and would I buy a gift voucher for each of his four sons and give it to each of them as their Christmas present from him! I think since we met him in Lanzarote and since he met my Mum he feels I am one of the family now! Padhraig will lose the plot when he hears, so I'm not going to tell him for quite a while. Kinda funny, Padhraig and his brother are out visiting him in Lanzarote at the moment and they inadvertently booked into apartments 100m from their Dad's place! They had wanted some independence so they booked their own apartment but he is so close they don't have any now!!

talk later, need to eat my M&S mexican chicken steam meal thats in the microwave..and maybe one of my magic luna bars too!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 295 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 582

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review