All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS and hormones
      #127452 - 12/03/04 06:10 PM
Katspice

Reged: 11/30/04

This is pretty personal, but then again so is IBS. I know that hormones play a role in IBS, and I've found that my IBS goes nutso during certain times in my cycle. (when I have a cycle....) For some reason, I never get my period. It's been about 5 months since my last one, which was the last time I was on birth control. I am not underwieght (in fact I'm trying to lose at least 15 lbs.) and my diet is normal and healthy. Just like IBS, I have had tests done and doctors telling me that nothing is wrong with me. So my eternal question (which some of you may relate) is:
IF THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH ME THEN WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Let me know you thoughts.
Kat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Hmmmm.... new
      #127540 - 12/04/04 08:54 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

..tricky. Don't you hate being told nothing is wrong with you when you're ill and not working! OBVIOUSLY something is wrong, why can't they just fess up and say they don't know what!

Anyway, rant over! It is possible that if you're IBS is really bad, it's stressing your body out enough to affect your periods.

Plus, what type of birth control were you on? Some stay in your system for a lot longer than the recommended safe-contraception time.

Re: Hmmmm.... new
      #127656 - 12/04/04 04:51 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

I've had a couple of friends who have been on birth control pills for a long time and it can apparantly take up to a year to get your periods back, especially if you've been skipping them while on the pill. Other than that I don't know much about the pill, I can't take it, it makes my IBS act up too much. Of course stress can also make you skip them but I don't know about for 5 months.

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5358 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 363

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review