All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
*sighs*
      #126520 - 12/01/04 04:33 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

This morning, I had a pretty serious attack or (since I haven't become stable yet), a more serious one...Once again, I had to stay home from school, bringing a lecture from my father (who does not have IBS), comfort from my mother via phoneline (she DOES have IBS), and my shedding more than a few tears (considering the makeup I normally wear, well...I think I look like a mess).

It's just been really hard adapting to it. I'm 15, and I've missed more school days this month (november) then in the past three years. My teachers have been pretty cool, but I can tell they're getting a little annoyed, and my friends...well...I've only told one so far, and she's really good about it, but my other friends, they aren't the kind of people you tell about this.

Yeah, sorry, momentary weakness...had to rant a bit. I feel a little better now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

*HUG* new
      #126539 - 12/01/04 06:26 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

you will get things under control.. and in the meanwhile- we are here to help if we can... many of us have been there... *HUG* I first had symptoms when I was in high school too, if not earlier... but wasn't diagnosed till much later in life.. wish I had been diagnosed earlier...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: *sighs* new
      #126541 - 12/01/04 06:40 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

HUGS HON!!! We understand!!! I hope your feeling better soon!!! LOT and LOTS of HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#126575 - 12/01/04 09:25 AM
SLiCKsGiRL

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: Western Washington

Hi Isabel~

I didn't get a chance to say welcome on the Diet board, so welcome! I'm glad that you could find us here.

School, especially at the junior high/high school level, is really hard because you HAVE to be there or risk trouble with the gov't. I had IBS when I was 14, but had no idea what it was. I was sick so often that I got pulled from the last three months or so of 9th grade and was homeschooled by one of the teachers from my school. She dropped by once a week with homework and tests and such.

Since you DO know what IBS is, you're at an advantage. You could print out information from this site and make your dad read it. Explain to him (in detail if you have to - use shock tactics) what is wrong with you. Then have him go with you to school to speak with a councellor or the principal (and take your info with you) and see about making arrangements with your teachers. You can do it just until you are stable if you need to. Maybe you can just arrange for your teachers to email your homework on days you miss, or go to the school library to take tests on days when you feel you can't make it the whole time ... I can tell you it makes it more than twice as hard to be SO stressed out about school (and to have your family on your case about it) and trying to get stable. And right now, getting stable is the most important thing.

I hope this helps, and I really hope that you feel better soon! Take care of yourself, and feel free to stop by and rant (or just chit-chat) anytime

--------------------
~*Amber*~

Re: *HUG* new
      #126578 - 12/01/04 09:53 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Yeah, I first got IBs when I was 15, I'm 34 now. It can really make it hard sometimes for you to do the things that need to be done. If you seem to have attackes in the mornings, try getting up a little earlier to give yourself some more time. If this continues to make you miss school, maybe you should go talk to the school counsler and see if maybe they can excuse you from first period.

I haven't had much time to be on-line lately so haven't read any other post from you. I assume you have started the diet already? This should help you get things under control. Have you talked with your dr about some anti-spasm medication? This make help you also.

I hope you start feeling better soon. Hugs to you.

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

#126582 - 12/01/04 10:02 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Isabel,

Atleast you know what is wrong with you now, and you are in the right place, as this diet has helped many people get on with their lives, myself included. You are a D, I am guessing? Ders seem to show results quicker than people with C, so as long as you get on the what to eat when you can't eat anything, and start working yourself up on the diet you should be seeing results soon. You won't even need to tell your friends if you don't want to, they will probably forget that you were even sick for the past month.
Good luck and I hope everything looks up for you.

--------------------
-Sheri

#126686 - 12/01/04 01:52 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Vent away, sweetie! That's what we're here for.

How you doing with the diet? Got a SFS yet?

Print out some stuff for your Dad or show him Heather's book. There are some pretty convincing results showing how real IBS is, like the chart of a "normal" colon's response to stimuli and that of an IBSer.

Good luck! Chin up. At least you know what it is already. Hopefully by the time you go to college, it'll all be under control! Go wipe your eyes and reapply makeup - you look really gorgeous in your photo! Weirdly, for a no make-up kinda girl, I've always had a thing about the Goth look!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2711 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1292

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review