All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
14 days but who's counting
      #126032 - 11/29/04 08:37 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

I will be heading back to the states in 14 days. I haven't been home is 2 1/2 years and this is the first Christmas I have spent with my family in the states in 10 years. I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

I am really anxious to get to the health food store and check out all the goodies that I can't get over here. Plus the endless shopping/malls, etc. I love living here but there are many things that I miss about home.

--------------------
Janey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 14 days but who's counting new
      #126037 - 11/29/04 08:50 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Yippee! I only lived in Spain for 6 months, and I loved it, but I can totally understand how frustrating and inconvenient it can be. Be prepared for a bit of a reverse culture shock when you get home, but I know it will be a thrill to be here again. Just running into a convenience store to pick up milk and dealing with the cashier in English is a total trip.
Have a safe trip, be kind to your belly, and keep us posted!
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

#126038 - 11/29/04 08:52 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Janey thats great, I bet you cant wait can you!! Where abouts do you live in spain?? I adore the country...Ive been learning spanish for almost 7 years now! Im off to Barcelona in February (never been before)with my university course(im an interior design student) and cant wait to see all the gaudi architecture! Im a litlle worried about the whole eating thing though...I keep my ibs to myself and I dont want to have a nasty attack whilst away with my classmates! Ive survived several trips in the past but theres always been plenty of safe food...any suggestions/recomendations and I'd be grateful!!

P.S I cant wait for xmas too!!

--------------------
Natalie

Natalie new
      #126045 - 11/29/04 08:58 AM
Janey

Natalie,

I live in southern Spain and have never been to Barcelona. Down here there is always plenty of fresh bread at every meal. Also plenty of fresh fish and chicken. The potatoes are always served friend here so I usually don't eat them. I usually stick with the bread and fish or chicken when I go out and then I will eat a little bit of salad at the end of the meal. A normal breakfast out here is toasted baguette usually served with butter and jelly. I skip the butter and just put a little jelly and I am fine.

You will have a great time, I hear Barcelona is wonderful and I hope to get up there some day.

--------------------
Janey

Amanda new
      #126047 - 11/29/04 09:01 AM
Janey

Ilove it here too but is can be very frustrating. Especially the shopping. I can't wait to get back there and actually have a selection when shopping for anything.

I am a little worried about the food. I usually eat too much when I am there because there are things that I miss and too many choices. Hopefully I can be strong and really stick to the diet.

--------------------
Janey

#126053 - 11/29/04 09:11 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

How exciting!! My mom lived in Spain for a couple years, she loved it there! She teaches ESL now, and has helped me with my Spanish for years!
Have a safe trip! I'm excited for you!

--------------------
~Cara~

#126055 - 11/29/04 09:29 AM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

Hey Natalie,
I loved Barcelona when I went there. I think of all the Spanish cities it is the most international and tourist-ready. You shouldn't have a problem finding safe foods to eat. As Janey said, there is plenty of fish and bread at every meal, so just choose carefully. Gaudi is amazing, I loved his buildings. You'll have a great time.
Panda

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

That's so nice! Hope you have fun at home -nt- new
      #126113 - 11/29/04 11:19 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

--------------------
-Sheri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1651 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 963

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review